SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 9 - Discussion - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 9 - Discussion - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 9 - Discussion - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:23 am

timfan wrote:Yes but Lauren dog died that is why I think he mentioned the dog jmo

Maybe he got her a puppy ;)

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 9 - Discussion - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 9 - Discussion - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AmoreBella Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:26 am

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelor-ben-higgins-put-fiance-through-hell-and-back-w165914

AmoreBella

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:30 am

During HTD they showed Lauren's dog with Ben. Lauren's dog passed away before the show aired and I'm sure it was something for her to talk about with Ben. She grew up with her dog Tess.,

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:33 am

But both of the F2 have or had a dog.  So, talking about a dog could be about either of them, IMO, not sure that Ben mentioning a dog in a comment is enough indicate one over the other.  And probably one reason he's allowed to mention it, since it could apply to either.  

As a dog owner, I talk about my dog often to those close to me, about things he's done (good, bad, funny, cute, etc.), going to the park, etc.  Yes, the passing of one would be talked about as well, but that's certainly not the only time I do or would talk about mine.  

JMOAA.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:55 am

AmoreBella wrote:http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelor-ben-higgins-put-fiance-through-hell-and-back-w165914

I'm impressed with Ben for not "taking back" the ILY to Jojo or dismissing it.  He's owning that's how he felt in the moment.  Anything less would probably make Lauren feel better publicly though I'm sure he's reassured her a lot in private, but would be a really crappy thing to do to Jojo especially seeing how much he professed love directly to her. So Ben has my respect for that.

I think Ben and Lauren are nice, normal, good, really regular people and they're a beautiful couple to see together. I'd guess being normal and being similarly level-headed is the best sign that they have a great chance to make it work in real life so I hope they can, even if I haven't seen an undeniable 2-way chemistry and deep connection. Ben is no doubt in awe of her as a person so I wish them the best.

Re DWTS, I think anyone would be crazy to pass on it if it's offered.  It is a lot of money for a normal working person.  Turning that down doesn't make much sense unless you're at a point of being traumatized about being on tv or in the public eye anymore.  TBH, the money from DWTS and what you can do with it have more lasting power than the relationship in most cases, so I say go for the pay day and do your best to not let if affect the budding relationship.  Then go back to as normal a life as possible. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:07 am

IA about DWTS, relaxing. It's even better that Lauren lives there so they could easily be together without her uprooting her life.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazylady29 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:11 am

Yes but considering she just saw him profess his love for another girl I don't think she can handle that and having to see him dance so intimately with his partner. For her sake I hope he doesn't do it.
Crazylady29
Crazylady29

Back to top Go down

Post by bellehuntley Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:13 am

I do think Lauren has enough confidence though that she'd be able to handle seeing him on there - and Ben would always be reassuring her
bellehuntley
bellehuntley

Female Posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazylady29 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:17 am

But how can he date her and love on her like he said he would when all his time would be on the show? He said he put her through hell and back on the show and I feel like Lauren deserves his full attention. I just shudder thinking what would happen if they finally are able to be together and then they can't because he is on dwts.
Crazylady29
Crazylady29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:17 am

relaxing wrote:
AmoreBella wrote:http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelor-ben-higgins-put-fiance-through-hell-and-back-w165914

I'm impressed with Ben for not "taking back" the ILY to Jojo or dismissing it.  He's owning that's how he felt in the moment.  Anything less would probably make Lauren feel better publicly though I'm sure he's reassured her a lot in private, but would be a really crappy thing to do to Jojo especially seeing how much he professed love directly to her. So Ben has my respect for that.

I think Ben and Lauren are nice, normal, good, really regular people and they're a beautiful couple to see together. I'd guess being normal and being similarly level-headed is the best sign that they have a great chance to make it work in real life so I hope they can, even if I haven't seen an undeniable 2-way chemistry and deep connection. Ben is no doubt in awe of her as a person so I wish them the best.

Re DWTS, I think anyone would be crazy to pass on it if it's offered.  It is a lot of money for a normal working person.  Turning that down doesn't make much sense unless you're at a point of being traumatized about being on tv or in the public eye anymore.  TBH, the money from DWTS and what you can do with it have more lasting power than the relationship in most cases, so I say go for the pay day and do your best to not let if affect the budding relationship.  Then go back to as normal a life as possible. JMO.

IMO Ben is taking the honest approach which is the best one. Trying to bury his ily to JoJo under excuses and half truths wouldn't work. Lauren's not stupid, she'd smell his bs from miles away. Also, both Lauren and Ben will benefit even with the public, if tgey admit, that the process was hard and hurtful, took a lot of open discussion to get over, but they did it, are over it, and moving forward. Lauren said (and I believe she means it too) that she can see a life with Ben and wants that. This is how the life is build.
IMO it'll be much easier for JoJo to handle too this way.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by bellehuntley Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:18 am

Crazylady29 wrote:But how can he date her and love on her like he said he would when all his time would be on the show? He said he put her through hell and back on the show and I feel like Lauren deserves his full attention. I just shudder thinking what would happen if they finally are able to be together and then they can't because he is on dwts.
I also think the best option would be for Ben to not do it, but I also think it wouldn't put too much of a strain on their relationship if he did
bellehuntley
bellehuntley

Female Posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:20 am

I agree with the first part especially, relaxing. I do think he loved JoJo.  Their relationship was easy.  The attraction was strong.  They just clicked.   He meant it when he told her he loved her.  He said it several times.  If it was a mistake, why keep saying it?   I've seen Bachelors in the past fake the love with the F2 (Tenley comes to mind as Jake was very much into Vienna)  but I don't believe Ben was faking it with JoJo.  

As for DWTS, I don't think it's a great idea when the relationship is still relatively new.  Even though they will able to be in public soon, it's still not normal life.  When everything dies down and the focus is shifted to the new 'Ette, then they can start living a normal life.  It seems DWTS can be a major distraction and can cause potential problems for the chosen F1 in the relationship.  I don't think it boded well for Vienna, Catherine, or dare I say, Whitney.  Jmho.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 9 - Discussion - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+74
computerms
veg_out
Georgia Lindsay
viola-b
Justafan2
Newto
Ali_Ko
dyra
northernviewer
michelle1
sosleepy