SELECT CONTENT

Miscellaneous TV Show's - Announcements - Media

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miscellaneous TV Show's - Announcements - Media  - Page 14 Empty Re: Miscellaneous TV Show's - Announcements - Media

Post by sdmom Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:52 pm

@GuardianAngel did you watch Jeopardy GOAT last night? They dedicated one  category to famous Canadians, narrated by Ryan Reynolds.
The only one I got right is Margaret Atwood. Embarressed!

They also has a category named The Bachelor,   but it’s not related to the reality show,  but about unmarried men.

Overall, a great tournament!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous TV Show's - Announcements - Media  - Page 14 Empty Re: Miscellaneous TV Show's - Announcements - Media

Post by Brill Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:59 pm

Many people have been asking for this.

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/01/28/bachelor-producers-looking-for-seniors-interested-in-finding-love-on-new-dating-show/?fbclid=IwAR3Cht2AWJZTx0mVvk7mxwdWlomiQfBJyuzB1N3qs437BTcjSrFbKqIvBF4

Miscellaneous TV Show's - Announcements - Media  - Page 14 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:03 pm

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:31 pm

Did anyone else like the Super Bowl Halftime show? I loved Shakira and JLO!

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:56 am

I liked it too, @suzq, especially Shakira. It was cute when JLo's daughter was singing along.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:01 am

I loved JLO's daughter, Emme, as well! I thought Demi Lovato did a fabulous job, too!

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:21 am

suzq wrote:Did anyone else like the Super Bowl Halftime show?  I loved Shakira and JLO!

I think they did a good job, but frankly I was also disappointed. Why do the women performers always have to make it about sex? ... The skimpy costumes, the grinding, the booty shaking, the stripper poles? The music almost seems secondary. I am far from a prude, but the double standard really annoys me.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:07 am

Sprite wrote:
suzq wrote:Did anyone else like the Super Bowl Halftime show?  I loved Shakira and JLO!

I think they did a good job, but frankly I was also disappointed. Why do the women performers always have to make it about sex? ... The skimpy costumes, the grinding, the booty shaking, the stripper poles? The music almost seems secondary. I am far from a prude, but the double standard really annoys me.

Right. I have some thoughts and feelings on this too. It's really hard to have this conversation, I think. Because there's on the one hand the right for women to express their sexuality how they want. I believe in that right, 100%. No shaming whatsoever and I have trouble personally criticising individual choice when the problem is on a macro social level. But at the same time how much of that sexuality is determined by the male gaze and catering to male desire? How much of it is harmful to women as a whole? Because I feel sometimes like we're meant to unquestionably congratulate overt heteronormative sexual displays by conventionally attractive women like this, but literally anything else is wrong. You can't express your sexuality if you fall outside the norm AND if you're a conventionally attractive young or youngish woman then if you're not interested in presenting yourself like this then people decide there's something wrong with you or that your own abstinence (not from sex necessarily, but from overt heteronormative female sexuality) is a judgment on those who do participate.

And of course, why don't men express their sexuality for women in the same way? And when they do it's just treated like a joke (eg male stripper movies). Ha ha, female sexual desire. What a joke. Female sexuality is acceptable only when it's packaged as "young attractive woman making herself look hot for a man", it's not about what women want and what really satisfies women.

Shiz, sorry. This is all the frustrated sociology major coming out in me laugh out loud
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:52 am

@leavers Yes. If both sexes did it I wouldn't have an issue, but it is mostly all women. Why must we be so sexualized? Then I saw this and it made me even more mad. The standards for women are becoming more and more ridiculous. No wonder all these young women have body image issues and fill their bodies with plasitic.

Miscellaneous TV Show's - Announcements - Media  - Page 14 84698410

https://www.facebook.com/country1073/photos/a.364113476947231/3759687147389830/?type=3&theater

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:56 am

@leavers @Sprite Great points all around!
I didn’t watch yesterday’s game and entertainment. It’s a complex issue to discuss in a snapshot format like this but I am reminded of the saying:” You can never have enough of what you don’t really need and there has been so much over emphasis on anything sexual these last few years, from the sexual freedom of the 60’s to the new ‘sexual fluidity’, with gender changes mixed in with political issues about bathrooms, the ‘me too ‘ agenda and everything in between, it’s a LOT.
And because we are in an immediacy world where everything is on a screen for everyone to see, judge and wish for or condemn instantly, it greatly distorts our human need for deep connection which is not getting met through these superficial means. It’s as if the patriarchal society model has just changed from overt power over woman to the more sophisticated one that women begin to act out the male fantasies by taking their own power to initiate those fantasies for all to see. But it’s the same dance and nothing is really learned and no progress is made on a deep level of true social progress.
There is more confusion, isolation, suicide, depression and identity crisis than ever before. Maybe we are not looking-in enough and cultivating the inner qualities as the focus in the material and superficial aspect of life is taking over.
Everything seems to be rewarding the fake, transient, shallow, throw away, surface over substance. Maybe it’s partly cultural here as we are in an environment that is bursting at the seams with extreme dualities and complexities that can provide the illusion of happiness through all forms of access to technologies and media.
Wow, I got carried away here. Just trying to stay real in an unreal environment I guess.
JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:58 pm

SM didn't have problem 2019 when Adam Levine was shirtless for the whole performance. Some people are just nuts IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:11 pm

I'm not bothered by their costumes or dancing. For one thing, pole dancing has come a long way from being just for strippers. It's now an official sport and they're hoping that it makes the Olympics at some point. I'm just impressed that JLo can do it at 50. I couldn't have done it at 20. giggling

I feel like they were emphasizing their Latino roots and the music and dancing reflected that. I watched it and just enjoyed it for what it was and didn't read any criticisms until later. If we're going to complain about their costumes, we should also complain about the cheerleaders. I'm all for girl power and not sexualizing women however sometimes I think we should just be entertained. I'm just glad that the show highlighted not only 2 women but Latino women.  JMO of course.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Miscellaneous TV Show's - Announcements - Media

+40
chasus71
jojo47
whit90
kmick0890
Astrobach