SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Page 30 of 80 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mcm - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 30 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by AllAboutLove Fri May 13, 2016 7:46 pm

Andi talks about being a strong woman (yet couldn't even break up with the guy she is now exploiting since he broke up with her?) and has to write a book about other guys in order to keep herself relevant. They've moved on, she hasn't.

I don't see anything about Andi that resembles a strong woman--just someone who is desperate to stay relevant and is totally fake. Andi is just the worst and the guys who are not stuck with her are the lucky ones.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

mcm - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 30 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by SueSt Fri May 13, 2016 7:48 pm

jen689 wrote:
Why did you use numbers to refer to the men, instead of their names?
It wasn’t the legality of it; everyone knows who these people are. The number system came from an empowering standpoint. This is about the break-up, not the names specifically. Maybe it was my inner feminism, but who wants their exes in their stories? Let’s call them numbers, and feel empowered by it.

Thanks so much for posting this jen689.
Someone help me please (I actually feel nauseous!!) - how do you feel empowered or like a feminist by calling your ex-lovers by numbers!!!!! no no no no no
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri May 13, 2016 8:16 pm

*insert huge eye-roll here* Oh lordy, spare me that BS on feminism and empowerment. She's like the stereotypical bitter, angry, man-hating, blame men for everything, the woman is always the victim type of feminist who anti-feminists always complain about.

All JMO. :halo: :uptonogood
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri May 13, 2016 8:40 pm

Andi is no feminist to me and neither is she some model for a strong woman.

Andi is a model for what not to do and how not to act, though.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 13, 2016 8:45 pm

jen689 wrote:How does it feel to share these intimate details from your time on the shows? You’re really frank about men, sex, and relationships.
It was a journal that I wrote throughout the show. So some of it poured out in an emotional, irrational way. When I made the decision to make it a book, I decided I was going to do it with 100 percent authenticity. That meant being honest about what happened, for better or worse—the emotional, irrational, rational. I wanted transparency, so people could relate to it.

I’ve developed a thicker skin than I’ve had. People say stuff. People judge. That’s how the world works. I have to focus on the people who are empowered by the book and who say, “Thank you so much, you got me over a breakup.” Those are the opinions that I have to count on.

Why did you use numbers to refer to the men, instead of their names?
It wasn’t the legality of it; everyone knows who these people are. The number system came from an empowering standpoint. This is about the break-up, not the names specifically. Maybe it was my inner feminism, but who wants their exes in their stories? Let’s call them numbers, and feel empowered by it.

You talk about how Josh was a giant regret—in fact, “Regret” is the name you gave him in your phone after you broke up—and that he called you a “whore.” You also refer to Nick as an “censored.” Have you heard anything from them lately?

None of us really talk to each other. I’m pretty sure they’re aware. None of us ask each other for permission. We live separate lives.

Josh told Us Weekly: “It saddens me and is very unfortunate that Andi has chosen to characterize me in such a negative way. I pray she finds peace.” That sounds a lot like “Bless her heart.”
Well, we’re Southern. I’ll take it.

You write that you regret ever being part of The Bachelor franchise.
That was said from an emotional, irrational standpoint. At the end of the day the show gave me so many friends, travel, and experience. I fell in love on this show and experienced a distinct love that I had never felt before. I’m pretty darn lucky to have done what I did. To have bitterness would be a slap in the face to the show, when it gave me so much insight into life. I’m a normal girl from Atlanta, so I can’t help but be grateful.

You also say, in the book, that you hate when people ask how you could have left your job with the DA’s office. But do you miss it?
Every day I think about the job. I think people sometimes forget that I got a law degree and that it’s mine for life. I can go back whenever I want. Nobody says that lane is closed. I talk to people there all the time, and every time I tell them I miss it they say, “You’re crazy.” They’re super supportive.

Now that you’re living in New York City, what do you miss about Atlanta?
I miss barbecue. I loved Hal’s [The Steakhouse] and Umi and 10 Degrees South. Fox Bros Bar-B-Q—so good.

Now that the book is done, what’s next?
I loved the writing process. I would love to write more. And I’d like to do a roundtable, like The View or The Talk—something related to social issues and things that are current.

Are you dating?
I’d say I’m happily single.

And are you going to watch the new season of The Bachelorette, which premieres later this month?
Yeah. I love JoJo [Fletcher, the newest Bachelorette]. I haven’t met her but talked to her, and it seems like she’ll do a great job. The guys will totally drool over her. The feminist in me loves that, seeing all those guys vying for the girl.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/news-culture-articles/atlantas-bachelorette-andi-dorfman-tells-all/
 I thank you for posting this as it shows me her true colors which were worse than I ever thought and on the other I wished I hadn't read it, because I can't believe she is worse than I thought. 
She equates feeling empowered by dehumanizing people. Like how freaking sick is that? (IMO of course)  Newsbreak: You are not that great. 
And btw--this is not just about a break up---there is only one person in this book she actually broke up with. So that is simply an excuse to continue being brutally and selfishly ugly. 
And let's please not use honesty and authenticity as an excuse for being blunt and disgustingly uncouth. (again IMO) You can be authentic and honest and tastefully classy.  
Example: One might say they had an accident vs crapped their pants. In the first case, it honestly and authentically indicates an issue. In the second instance, it's forking gross and TMI. I hope you read this MEandI Dorkman. You need to learn this. Can you understand the difference? 
It's good you are happy being single. Get very used to it.  mcm - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 30 623245435

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri May 13, 2016 8:52 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:

jmo

It annoys me so much that she calls herself a feminist. All the time I hear anti-feminists complaining about these so-called angry man-hating feminists with victim complexes and I used to always wonder who they're talking about since I had never known anyone like that in real life. Well MeAndI is who they're talking about. There's so many women my age who don't even want to call themselves feminists anymore because they're afraid of being lumped in with the bad apples. I hate to say it but I stopped calling myself one years ago because I didn't want to be grouped in with the women who spout MeAndI's brand of feminism. She's giving it a bad name. no no

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Fri May 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Georgia Lindsay wrote:
Seabear wrote:I can't feel sorry for Andi. She is just so fake. I have no respect for someone with such blatent disrespect for others...particularly people she allegedly loved or at least liked. The Us excerpt reads like a poorly written one sided character assassination of anyone who is not the the boss lady..Andi D.

Andi clearly has no problem with the word F**k. I listened to her on a podcast on NYC during Ben's season and she used the F word dozens of times. It seemed to be her catchall adjective. The interviewers asked her what she had been doing with her time in NYC workwise and she mentioned writing a book and going to events.  They inquired what else?? Andi fumbled around made excuses and said she had travelled a lot...she clearly has no direction other than fame.  Her motivation for writing this book is not about Girl Power, it is about $$Money$$ and Revenge. Very transparent and Not Classy at all.  Time for Andi to move on...But...she can't and won't because her only claim to FAME relies on living on the past and continuing to rely on being the Bachelorette. That is sad and pathetic but a choice Andi willingly makes on a daily basis.

JMO
clapping!  Yep, totally agree with every word. Remember the vine when she was using the 'stuffed animal claw machine' before going into the movie with Sharleen and her fiance. Little kids and families were all around, as mostly little kids play that game, she caught a stuff animal and yelled to them "F*CK YEAH" loudly. Yes, so classy in a public place. no

The claw machine is not just for kids my husband plays them when we go somewhere and they have one.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri May 13, 2016 9:02 pm

bluwavz wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:

jmo

It annoys me so much that she calls herself a feminist. All the time I hear anti-feminists complaining about these so-called angry man-hating feminists with victim complexes and I used to always wonder who they're talking about since I had never known anyone like that in real life. Well MeAndI is who they're talking about. There's so many women my age who don't even want to call themselves feminists anymore because they're afraid of being lumped in with the bad apples. I hate to say it but I stopped calling myself one years ago because I didn't want to be grouped in with the women who spout MeAndI's brand of feminism. She's giving it a bad name. no no

All JMO.

I hear you bestbud!

I think true feminists can see right through Andi though and that there is nothing empowering about someone like Andi using people and then discarding them when she has no use for them.

Andi to me epitomizes someone who "uses people, and loves things."

It's scary how she is and continues to be. I will never forget how she treated Eric and how she responded to his death (RIP).... Andi was all about herself even then and seemed totally incapable of empathy. Like I said... scary.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri May 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Andi is just nasty. She's chewing up mostly Josh and then Nick and then spitting them both out. All three involved irk me for one reason or another, but Andi is taking it to a whole other level. I'd be so pissed. She's openly attacking their character and that's too bad. At least one guy has released great responses in regards to the book and the other guy has kept quiet.

We've all had crappy relationships that weren't meant to be for one reason or another. No need to air your dirty laundry in this way. Just keep doing that in your kitchen Andi. Yuck.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 13, 2016 9:10 pm

Ash2214 wrote:Andi is just nasty. She's chewing up mostly Josh and then Nick and then spitting them both out. All three involved irk me for one reason or another, but Andi is taking it to a whole other level. I'd be so pissed. She's openly attacking their character and that's too bad. At least one guy has released great responses in regards to the book and the other guy has kept quiet.

We've all had crappy relationships that weren't meant to be for one reason or another. No need to air your dirty laundry in this way. Just keep doing that in your kitchen Andi. Yuck.
That's it! 
She should open up a laundromat. 
She has gotten very good at literally and figuratively airing dirty laundry.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 9:17 pm

This is just so distasteful in so many ways.  Andi really seems so oblivious and like she has no self awareness or a kind bone in her body IMO.  I guess this comes off as feminism to her because apparently she finds being cruel, self-centered and vindictive to be empowering traits that she's proud of.  That is really something I cannot understand.   I truly hope all her D-list opportunities dry up after this nonsense.  no duh :headbanging

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia620 Fri May 13, 2016 9:23 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:Andi is just nasty. She's chewing up mostly Josh and then Nick and then spitting them both out. All three involved irk me for one reason or another, but Andi is taking it to a whole other level. I'd be so pissed. She's openly attacking their character and that's too bad. At least one guy has released great responses in regards to the book and the other guy has kept quiet.

That's it! 
She should open up a laundromat. 
She has gotten very good at literally and figuratively airing dirty laundry.

She could start a business hawking kitchen items and underwear combined.  She could host parties called "tupper-wear" for strong, independent women.
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 80 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

+81
BohemianNika
lipsis
Newto
MiniDiva
sdmom