SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

27 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 72 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by BohemianNika Sat May 21, 2016 1:42 pm

SueSt wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I have a feeling the median age of those giving the 5 star rating is 22 or under.

22 or under may be the average IQ score as well.

I get that this is not a fan thread and Andi is fair game. But is it really ok to pick on her fans? I would like to think just the fact that I'm able to type this (and English isn't my first language) proves your IQ theory wrong. And yes, I understand it was meant as fun and snarky comment - but targeting her fans. All IMO.

MeAndI fan
BohemianNika
BohemianNika

Back to top Go down

27 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 72 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by whit90 Sat May 21, 2016 2:56 pm

I am in no way a Andi fan at all but since this is a general thread I think all opinions on her and the fans that follow her are up for discussion. As long as your are not rude to the other opinions then posters are free to post what their opinion is on this thread only. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat May 21, 2016 3:15 pm

BohemianNika wrote:
SueSt wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I have a feeling the median age of those giving the 5 star rating is 22 or under.

I get that this is not a fan thread and Andi is fair game. But is it really ok to pick on her fans? I would like to think just the fact that I'm able to type this (and English isn't my first language) proves your IQ theory wrong. And yes, I understand it was meant as fun and snarky comment - but targeting her fans. All IMO.

I have no idea how old the poster is, or how old you are BohemianNika, but I'll say this. I'm in my 50's. Any one of Andi's fans, who enjoy this book, IMO has to be under 20 yrs old, and which IMO they are just kids at that stage in their lives. They have no life experience, or very little. If they break up with their b/friends I can see a lot of them being mean and nasty, just like Andi is in this book. Someone my age, breaks up and is glad to have the relationship over with, especially if it was a hot mess. Someone my age, lives and learns, and moves on. Some respect their ex's and have nothing but good things to say.

She is the most hypocritical cruel contestant, or person, for that matter that I've ever read about. How she can feel good about herself, saying the things she has said about these guys is beyond me, it's incomprehensible to me. So if her fans, like that about her, IMO they have to be very immature, minimal life experience, nothing wrong with that, or they are just like her where they take pleasure in being revengeful, but they certainly are not mature stable sensible professional smart good hearted people which in most cases are older than 20 something years old. I'm not knocking younger people, I'm saying, or hoping it's because they are young, and don't have the life experiences which usually makes one mature. I would hate to think we have a whole generation of 20 something year olds who will behave in this manner when they hit their 30's like Andi. All JMHO's.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71519

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BohemianNika Sat May 21, 2016 3:39 pm

I respect your opinions on Andi. All I wanted to say is that there is at least one member of this forum who is also Andi's fan. And I find the comment suggesting her fans have lower IQ rude.

MeAndI fan
BohemianNika
BohemianNika

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshswife Sat May 21, 2016 3:56 pm

I find that some maybe not all but probably the majority of Andi's fanbase are very young and inexperienced at life as others have said. Most are of the same generation that idolizes the Kardashians and doesn't realize that 95% of there life is fake or manufactured. I've read the tweets to her, when someone says her book is life changing or that she's an inspiration I mostly feel sad for them. Wanting to be fake and a complete sellout is sad, I can see them wanting to be the lawyer Andi back in the day but not now she's anything but inspiring. She's just like Kim K, nothing's off limit for a price, it's truly sad.

Last edited by Joshswife on Sat May 21, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joshswife

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat May 21, 2016 3:58 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
BohemianNika wrote:
SueSt wrote:

I have no idea how old the poster is, or how old you are BohemianNika, but I'll say this. I'm in my 50's. Any one of Andi's fans, who enjoy this book, IMO has to be under 20 yrs old, and which IMO they are just kids at that stage in their lives. They have no life experience, or very little. If they break up with their b/friends I can see a lot of them being mean and nasty, just like Andi is in this book. Someone my age, breaks up and is glad to have the relationship over with, especially if it was a hot mess. Someone my age, lives and learns, and moves on. Some respect their ex's and have nothing but good things to say.

She is the most hypocritical cruel contestant, or person, for that matter that I've ever read about. How she can feel good about herself, saying the things she has said about these guys is beyond me, it's incomprehensible to me. So if her fans, like that about her, IMO they have to be very immature, minimal life experience, nothing wrong with that, or they are just like her where they take pleasure in being revengeful, but they certainly are not mature stable sensible professional smart good hearted people which in most cases are older than 20 something years old. I'm not knocking younger people, I'm saying, or hoping it's because they are young, and don't have the life experiences which usually makes one mature. I would hate to think we have a whole generation of 20 something year olds who will behave in this manner when they hit their 30's like Andi. All JMHO's.
Great post GA feel exactly the same she is a pure bitch with no soul..
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia620 Sat May 21, 2016 4:08 pm

hopelessly_devoted wrote:I just finished listening to the part where she described the two MTPs, introducing first Nick and then Josh to her family.  IMO, these were the most cruel comments so far regarding Nick. She referred to introducing Nick first as "setting the bar low" and called him "the dud before the stud".  One reason we benefit from not being able to read minds is because it protects us from psychic pain. Nick must have surely suffered to some degree from her sharing these details, and perhaps continues to do so. It just wasn't necessary. Sad.

The only "dud" is Andi.
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Sat May 21, 2016 4:21 pm

I started watching the show with my daughters who are now in their early 20s and won't have anything to do with it. They find my bachelor/ette obsession kind of amusing and strange. My personal opinion on who would praise this author writing a very vindictive book (and I did read it) are "mean girl" types who try to hurt others when they are hurt. Andi had a whole section of the book devoted to vengence and she did use that word. I find it kind of strange that after over a year away from Josh that she still feels the need to really hurt him. Most people it seems just move on. And the focus of the book did seem to be to hurt the exes. She called JPG an "a**hole" several times, saying for example, that Nikki finally broke up with him because 'she finally saw him for the a**hole that we all did." She really hit Josh hard with allegations that to me are serious and will likely damage his reputation. I think she tried to shame JPG, Nick and Josh publicly. And for what? Personal attention. To me, she used numbers rather than names not to be sued-maybe one of the lawyers on this board have some more thoughts on this. So to me, those who enjoys reading someone character assassinate another person long after a relationship is over are those who are mean, immature, young in terms of processing and coping with emotions. For Andi not to realize that and to then bask in public praise only furthers her immature and horrendous behavior. So I do agree with GA on the above posts.

Last edited by sparkler on Sat May 21, 2016 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 21, 2016 4:41 pm

The comments about age and IQ were in response to those reviewing her book on amazon.
I don't think that has anything to do with her fans here or a reflection here, so yeah, I am ok with it.  Someone can be a fan here and have absolutely nothing to do with those book reviews.
To me that's apples and oranges.  
It would be like someone commenting on Wetpaint, People or US and then equating them with fans here simply because they are "fans".
Because someone is or isn't a fan does not mean they represent all in that group. It would be like saying is someone is __________, they would represent all views on __________.JMOAA

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat May 21, 2016 4:58 pm

Stacia620 wrote:
hopelessly_devoted wrote:I just finished listening to the part where she described the two MTPs, introducing first Nick and then Josh to her family.  IMO, these were the most cruel comments so far regarding Nick. She referred to introducing Nick first as "setting the bar low" and called him "the dud before the stud". One reason we benefit from not being able to read minds is because it protects us from psychic pain. Nick must have surely suffered to some degree from her sharing these details, and perhaps continues to do so. It just wasn't necessary. Sad.

The only "dud" is Andi.

I second this! :Nod:

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat May 21, 2016 5:13 pm

BohemianNika wrote:I respect your opinions on Andi. All I wanted to say is that there is at least one member of this forum who is also Andi's fan. And I find the comment suggesting her fans have lower IQ rude.

As Kasha pointed out, we are discussing Amazon reviews, not any fans from this forum which is not allowed.

Any one has the right to be a fan of anyone they want. Andi has her own Fan thread. As long as she's popular and the thread is active, it will always be there.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71519

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sat May 21, 2016 5:37 pm

I still don't hate her... I just want to tell her that feminism doesn't mean punishing men at all :/.  And that judging men (especially now that she's in NYC) based on an apartment (read: $$$$$$) is really dumb.  She's not a 22 year old model, she's not getting what she wants here.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

+81
BohemianNika
lipsis
Newto
MiniDiva
sdmom