SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor - Bachelorette International - Former Leads - Contestants - Updates - Discussion

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor - Bachelorette International - Former Leads - Contestants - Updates - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor - Bachelorette International - Former Leads - Contestants - Updates - Discussion

Post by Sprite Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:27 pm

Wow. He must really have something on them that they are paying him before the lawsuit even goes to trial. That reeks of desperation and someone wanting something to go away. I wonder if he will get a huge settlement to make it all go away? On the other hand, he seems stubborn enough...and really p*ssed enough...that he doesn't care about the money and just wants to expose everything. :uptonogood

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelor - Bachelorette International - Former Leads - Contestants - Updates - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor - Bachelorette International - Former Leads - Contestants - Updates - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:49 pm

I thought about that when I read the article yesterday. If they are paying him now, they must have acknowledged at some point the level of distress they "intentionally" caused him which to me is an admission of guilt. I'm thinking that's part of an agreement with a heck of a lot more to follow.

Does anyone know if it specifically states in their contracts they can do whatever they want with a contestants footage? Not in those words but the same meaning?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71280

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:01 pm

@GuardianAngel Years ago when somebody got a copy (or part of a copy) of the US contract, I remember reading exactly that. They can do whatever, to make the contestant seem however, edit things to suit them. When I read that, I couldn't believe that anyone would actually do the show.

This isn't that contract...which I can't seem to google...but this is the BIP contract, which is close. From the article:

Contestants sign away to producers "the right to change, add to, take from, edit, translate, reformat or reprocess... in any manner Producer may determine in its sole discretion." And, once the producers have done all that editing, the contestants understand that their "actions and the actions of others displayed in the Series may be disparaging, defamatory, embarrassing or of an otherwise unfavorable nature and may expose me to public ridicule, humiliation, or condemnation.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/06/21/media/bachelor-in-paradise-contract/index.html

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:12 pm

I think Jamie just got himself a good lawyer who found a loophole in that year's contract.  TPTB have since tightened everything up and contestants now have to essentially sign their lives away.  Why anyone would agree to this is beyond me but I guess for some the thirst is just too strong.  laugh out loud

As a result of Bachelorette star Jamie Doran's ongoing lawsuit against Warner Bros., contestants are now unable to hold production staff responsible for anything.

This includes injury, emotional trauma and even sexually transmitted diseases from other participants, crew or talent.

The lengthy contract also allows producers to portray the contestants however they want, regardless of the damage to their reputations.

It also gives permission for producers to record video and audio at any time during the contestants' stint in the mansion, which includes using hidden cameras.

Daily Mail Australia understands Channel 10's publicity team emailed all 23 of Jimmy's ladies with a list of additional rules ahead of last month's season premiere.

These included specific instructions not to talk to journalists and tips on how to deactivate their social media accounts.

One of these emails apparently discouraged the contestants from staging paparazzi photos because they are 'obvious', 'embarrassing' and 'make you look desperate'.

Contestants are also required to hand over their social media passwords and follow or become a 'friend' with other nominated accounts - including fellow contestants, the show itself, and other Channel 10 personalities.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:20 pm

That's why I asked. Over the years we have seen or read the disclaimer basically handing their lives to TPTB.

I wondered how he would get around it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:01 pm

Yeah same @GuardianAngel but I reckon his lawyer (Keith Redenbach) must have found a loophole. A highly profitable loophole it would appear.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:36 am

cantstopl

Source

Root Rat Ciarran Stott Is On Bachelorette Sweden & It’s Going About As Well As It Did Here

After winning the hearts of Bachie fans during his stint on Angie Kent‘s season of The Bachelorette, Ciarran suffered a massive fall from grace by acting like an absolute turkey on Bachelor In Paradise.

Ciarran has brought his F-boy antics to Sweden and has been dating up a storm during his time on The Bachelorette.

Apparently he’s been spotted with several other Swedish Bachie stars during his time on the show, including former star Armina Moradi.

“She came third on her season,” the spy shared. “Then he flirted with two of the women that were sent home in the final three of the Swedish Bachelor.”

The women talked about him later hooking up with one of them in a tell-all. During said tell-all, when asked what happened between her and Ciarran at the hotel, she responded: “I guess that is up to your imagination.”

In an episode called The Girls Reveal Everything, Armina revealed: “He came to us when we were sunbathing. He swam past us many times. Obviously, he was interested. We had a nice evening.”

According to Ciarran, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette were filmed within 10 days of each other in the same location, hence the overlap of contestants.

“They put me in a hotel with all the girls who weren’t receiving roses from The Bachelor,” he said.

“They saw me on the beach and recognised me as they watch the Australian series in Sweden and they then approached me and asked if I wanted to join them for dinner and drinks.”

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:48 am

How convenient! It's like winning the lottery! Bachelor - Bachelorette International - Former Leads - Contestants - Updates - Discussion  - Page 11 3806527698

“They put me in a hotel with all the girls who weren’t receiving roses from The Bachelor,” he said

Source

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:27 pm

Look at that! It only took a month for this to reach the international tabloids. Bachelor - Bachelorette International - Former Leads - Contestants - Updates - Discussion  - Page 11 3806527698
https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t3516p108-bachelor-bachelorette-international-former-leads-contestants-updates-discussion#1507788

I can’t bring myself to watch the show, but as I understand it, Ciarran got a good edit and seemed well liked in the house. A few weeks in he sent himself home because of the lack of romantic connection. No hard feelings at all.
My conclusion is that he was hired by TPTB to do exactly what he did, to spark interest for the ‘Bette season. Good for him I guess. laugh out loud

Here is the elimination, at 23 minutes, though the site might be geo-blocked.
https://www.tv4play.se/program/bachelorette-sverige/del-10-s%C3%A4song-1/13342159

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:45 pm

@blueblues Thanks for all the info! yes

I can't view the elimination but it sounds like he had a good time. Bachelor - Bachelorette International - Former Leads - Contestants - Updates - Discussion  - Page 11 3806527698

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Good ole charming Ciarran is like honey to the girls. He’s the one who will take one for the team imo laugh out loud

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:55 am

blueblues wrote:Look at that! It only took a month for this to reach the international tabloids. Bachelor - Bachelorette International - Former Leads - Contestants - Updates - Discussion  - Page 11 3806527698
https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t3516p108-bachelor-bachelorette-international-former-leads-contestants-updates-discussion#1507788

I can’t bring myself to watch the show, but as I understand it, Ciarran got a good edit and seemed well liked in the house. A few weeks in he sent himself home because of the lack of romantic connection. No hard feelings at all.
My conclusion is that he was hired by TPTB to do exactly what he did, to spark interest for the ‘Bette season. Good for him I guess. laugh out loud

Here is the elimination, at 23 minutes, though the site might be geo-blocked.
https://www.tv4play.se/program/bachelorette-sverige/del-10-s%C3%A4song-1/13342159

@Agent99 worked out he was headed to Sweden when it was filmed which was months ago (late June I think?). There was a concurrent rumour he was appearing on Love Island UK which filmed at the same time.   So yeah, the media are actually 6 months behind but what's new.  

I'd be interested to watch his Bette episodes if anyone can find them online.  Love him or hate him Ciarran does manage to spice things up and Angie's season would have been dull as dishwater without him (and Timm) IMO.  I wonder what the Swedish viewers made of him.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor - Bachelorette International - Former Leads - Contestants - Updates - Discussion

+20
Agent99
JustafanofLove
Kels0012
blueblues
Vjeff
Norcalgal
butterflylove
Astrobach
Kas_256
Bobette
leavers