SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2016 2:41 am

Sprite, your posted exactly my thought towards Andi and her family. I don't understand how her mother still praised her and said she is classy.

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Post by Joshswife Tue May 24, 2016 8:01 am

The irony of this one....

I can't stand girls that are bitches to stay relevant. That is all.

Kelly Travis Twitter.. FYI she's in NY with Andi and Christie

Joshswife

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue May 24, 2016 8:26 am

Sprite wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:We don't know what anyone has on or off paper.
This thread is for MEandI and not other cast, so I don't want to go off topic, but some of those listed above also had some bumpy patches.
I wish anyone the same happiness and health I wish/pray for my loved ones. Hopefully, this book really is a wake up call and she will have a better and happier future.

For this to happen she has to:

- acknowledge that she has a problem(s)
- be willing to take responsibility for her actions
- stop blaming everyone else for her problems
- actually do something to sort herself out

I don't think she is willing to do that because she seems to be surrounded by enablers who tell her how wonderful she is and she still has plenty of fans who mysteriously still think she is this strong, independent woman...even though she has shown herself to be anything but. She only listens to those who kiss her butt and ignores anyone who dares criticize. I still remember how the TW reacted to poor Eric (RIP), who couldn't have been nicer when trying to talk to her in an adult manner. Nothing seems to have changed. If anything, she seems to have gotten worse.

I have never cared for Andi. Simply put, I just can't relate to entitled, materialistic, nasty, know it alls who are never wrong and treat others like dirt. Never could. These days, as much as I may dislike her, I wonder, WTH is her family? How can they let her go on like this? Don't they see her spiralling out of control? Do they really think this is OK? I hope for her sake that they are trying behind the scenes because unless something changes, I don't see this ending well. It is sad to see someone with all the advantages and so much potential, flushing it all down the toilet.

Off topic a bit, but a few days ago I watched Say Yes to the Prom Dress. Girls from disadvantaged backgrounds getting makeovers and dresses for their prom. Teen girls 16, 17 and 18 who live in shelters, whose parents have all kinds of mental health issues, who are poor. None of the advantages that Andi had and yet they are on the honour roll and working hard to get ahead. They don't blame anyone and accept that no matter how difficult their lives are, it is in their power to improve it. They showed so much maturity and grace. They could teach Andi a thing or two about real problems and heartache. Sorry. Getting off the soapbox. :soapbox

Sprite, such a thoughtful post... particularly your example of grace and gratitude in relation to Andi's unappreciative and ungracious behaviors.
And it's probably why we follow her - to remind ourselves of what's important, our values.
At 29, though, I don't think her parents have a chance. Whatever they did is done. If she can't see herself clearly, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks...or says. Again, I'm pretty sure her parents hinted at it on the show, how strong willed she is. Maybe in order to prevent alienation and keep peace they've decided to simply accept her as she is. This way they are still in her life in case she ever wakes up, recognizes her mistakes and needs a shot of truth and hand to hold. Where there is life, there is hope!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshswife Tue May 24, 2016 9:48 am

Andi's on GMA today.... Hope they shut her down but I doubt it

Joshswife

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Tue May 24, 2016 10:02 am

^^^^ I watched GMA. She didn't spew any more negativity, thank god. Christie and Kelly were in the studio and Christie did her hair and make-up (per snapchat). It's great to have the support of friends and family (her parents are in NYC too), but not so good when they are the biggest cheerleaders to your narcissistic behavior. I just don't see anything changing with Andi. Anyone who might try to put her in her place will be chewed up and spit out by her or her inner circle.

Perfect example is Kelly's tweet last night. That should have been referring to her bestie Andi, but it obviously wasn't.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 24, 2016 10:13 am

Joshswife wrote:The irony of this one....

I can't stand girls that are bitches to stay relevant. That is all.

Kelly Travis Twitter.. FYI she's in NY with Andi and Christie

TWitter @kellytravisty

I saw this, and seriously, couldn't believe it. Looks like she can be her PR person.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue May 24, 2016 10:24 am

I'm just shocked and confused what Patti and Hy are thinking?!! Yes, let's read about our daughters sex life. Quite classy!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Tue May 24, 2016 10:38 am

Andi's interview on Nightline last night:
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/bachelorette-andi-dorfman-happened-scenes-39325046

Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by traveler90 Tue May 24, 2016 11:19 am

Josh couldn't handle her independence?! Suspect Rolling Eyes I'm sure that's the reason :dripdrip
traveler90
traveler90

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 24, 2016 11:28 am

I do not think MEandI has differentiated the difference between being narcissistic and being independent.  
You can be independent and be giving, loving and kind. You can be independent and think of others first and not be intimidated by meeting their needs. Independent is not living off others. That's being a parasite.
She seems to use the term independent to describe herself often, but is the antithesis of independence, IMOAA.

When a person hits their bottom or realizes where they're at and are unhappy with that place,  then they are ready for change.
As long as one is defensive about how they are and see no need to change the chance of changing is not very good. IMO

Probably the saddest thing I saw in the Nightline blip was the boutique owner/employee seemed to be buddy buds with MEandI. It was a sad commentary on her life, singularly shopping. The only thing that would have been sadder would have been showing her buddy buds with the local liquor bodega owner.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2016 12:41 pm

OMG, Kelly's tweet is too funny, it's like she's adressing herself.
Ashley was way diplomatic, she told a few of her followers to "not call Andi names" and said she would try and give the book another go maybe. That is not a b.
Anyway, i got to the middle of the book and wanted to just stop reading entirely when i found out you can actually return a kindle purchase! So i'm 18 euros richer and will buy myself sushi. Money.better.spent.

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Tue May 24, 2016 2:02 pm

I would think andi might not really found herself after her break up . All along to me she seems still finding herself after her break up. On her book she mentioned about after her break up , she really having a hard time to find her identity aside from being hurt emotionally. I always think andi might be happy go lucky outside all along and showing she is on her happy place and fully found herself in the new city but deep inside she is not and still a lot of baggage inside . It was very clear on her book . Because if she is really moved on and really happy about her life now prior to what she is saying she never turned her personal journal to a book to just trashed her ex fiancé and other tv exes and chose the high road instead she did the other way. I think andi thinks that she is the victim of what happened to her failed engagement and blamed most of her ex fiancé and making noise to justify that and at the end it doesn't look good. Jmo.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 3 Eb97c9
Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 3 9zt107Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 3 XgicucAndi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 3 Oaw2uvAndi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 3 2pqw5k8Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 3 30szzauAndi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 3 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

+93
tiger
tigertiz
happygolucky
AllAboutLove
aviej