SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 12 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by albean99 Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:39 pm

He could lose fans if he comes out as being too conservative on certain issues. Of course he could gain others but I don't know if that helps him in Colorado. I just think he's young and the timing seems to be bad given he and Lauren are just starting their life together. Running for office is crazy and time-consuming. They think they're under scrutiny now - just wait. Oh well, it's their lives.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Tiggerlgh Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:47 pm

albean99 wrote:He could lose fans if he comes out as being too conservative on certain issues. Of course he could gain others but I don't know if that helps him in Colorado. I just think he's young and the timing seems to be bad given he and Lauren are just starting their life together. Running for office is crazy and time-consuming. They think they're under scrutiny now - just wait. Oh well, it's their lives.
Agreed!  I keep thinking of Chicago Fire and how becoming Alderman affected Casey and Gabby's relationship and how its much dirtier than Casey thought it would be even trying to do the right thing. Yes I get that is a drama TV show and this is real life but in this instance I see a lot of parallels and the same disappointment Ben will probably find that Casey did.

I really hope he waits a year or so to jump into this.  All IMHO
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm not sure that the timing is bad. If he's considering this then IMO they are secure in their relationship and there's no need to put anything on hold that either one of them want to pursue,as it should be. I'm not sure that he would be concerned about loosing or gaining fans.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:52 pm

I actually think running for politics is too much of a risk and would hurt his image more than being on MBC and CT would TBH. Politics is one of the most taboo things to talk about. It's one of those things that's better to keep to yourself, especially if you care about what others think about you.

Well, I'll say it now, bye bye Perfect Ben. It was nice knowing ya!

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:55 pm

I think he will do as he wants and do what works for him. And if if it doesn't work out, then hopefully will be a life lesson.
IMO he probably has put some thought into it.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:57 pm

They haven't actually once negatively commented on any 'scrutiny', they've been only really appreciative and thankful. I don't think any scrutiny really bothers them tbh. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:58 pm

You know what? Maybe Ben doesn't care about losing fans. Maybe that's not his priority. I respect him for taking this risk. He's using his platform to try to move on to bigger and better things. He's trying to avoid the pitfall trap that like 70% of these alumni fall into - no career, bouncing from one meaningless reality show to the next, and hocking products on Twitter. Good on him for doing something out of the box and trying to make a difference. I'm fully confident he's taking his relationship with Lauren as a primary consideration. I'm sure she has a voice in this matter as well. Sometimes you have to strike while the iron is hot. And honestly, his chances of winning this seat are slim to nil. Maybe he's just getting his feet wet, trying it out, seeing if this is a lifestyle and career path he might want to explore in the future. There is nothing wrong with that.

Look, I'm a liberal democrat voter. Would I vote for Ben Higgens? Probably not. I'm still a fan. I respect what he's trying to do.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:59 pm

More to it . This is very interesting for sure . 

https://twitter.com/benhiggi/status/738428088116117504

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 Eb97c9
fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 9zt107fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 Xgicucfitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 Oaw2uvfitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 2pqw5k8fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 30szzaufitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 12 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:I actually think running for politics is too much of a risk and would hurt his image more than being on MBC and CT would TBH. Politics is one of the most taboo things to talk about. It's one of those things that's better to keep to yourself, especially if you care about what others think about you.

IMO.
Imo I don't think Ben is worried about losing that title. I'm pretty sure he didn't like it from the beginning.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:08 pm

So this is actually happening. I see a pattern here.

1) I will never blindside you. 2) I love you. 3) I love someone else more.

1) I will focus on our relationship. 2) Renounces DWTS. 3) Goes into politics.

His promises seem come with an expire date. For a politician that might actually be a useful quality though. no idea
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:10 pm

I don't see it as a risk. He is offering his services if desired by the public. He has experience in certain areas he is volunteering to put to good use, if the public chooses to allow it.
The end.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:10 pm

Al wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:I actually think running for politics is too much of a risk and would hurt his image more than being on MBC and CT would TBH. Politics is one of the most taboo things to talk about. It's one of those things that's better to keep to yourself, especially if you care about what others think about you.

IMO.
Imo I don't think Ben is worried about losing that title. I'm pretty sure he didn't like it from the beginning.
He said he didn't actually. I just think this is going to be tricky. He said he didn't want to go on BIP because it would basically taint his reputation....but this would too (probably.) Its obviously not on the same level, it's worse IMO! People realize reality tv is silly, politics are important to people though.

IMO.

Last edited by Lennoxcolinrolland on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom