SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by SeekAny Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:31 pm

I continue to be on the fence with this. I was someone who didn't believe it was a serious thing, just a way to bring spotlight to the election and republican side of a highly democratic seat. Today's news has clearly changed that.

It seems like the DUI charge has give republicans hope and they knew that Pinkston wasn't their best shot. Someone approached Ben or he was in the same circles and got to talking and here we are. Jmo.

I have to brush up on my state politics to truly understand the seriousness and commitment of this role, but seeing as I'm sure Ben has done that himself I'll pass. I leave it to Ben to decide what's best for him and Lauren and what path he wants to take.

I don't think nationally anyone will care about Colorado local politics, it'll make headlines when he runs, when he wins or loses and that's about it. Otherwise I think his actions will stay at a local level, as they should.

I think Ben believes strongly in purpose. He also likes to be liked, so I hope he surrounds himself with the right kind of people and supporters if he decides to do this. But at the end of the day, I'm confident he's coming at this from a good place with honorable intentions. As a fan of the couple, I would love to see them be young and have fun without such a serious purpose just yet,. My hope for them was to go in the opposite direction of pushing flat tummy teas, didn't know we'd get politics instead! But if it feels right to them, and they can do something positive for their local community, then shoot, go for it.  If more people got into politics for "the right reasons" we'd all be better off.

And abc, I'm ready for you to pick up that tab on the wedding.
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by sosleepy Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Linds911 wrote:
lovebites8727 wrote:Well I hope Lauren has what it takes to be a better half of a new politician if ever he wins . If the tv wedding is indeed happening next year from what the previous written articles. jmo:)

This. Ben just focus on your wedding and save the politics until you both are ready and have settled into married life. Because this is just telling another story IMO.  

How is this telling another story?

Only they know what they feel personally ready for. It's their lives. They need to go forth and handle life how they see fit. I agree with a poster above. They must feel pretty secure in their relationship if they are seriously considering taking this on. A public breakup does nothing to help a political career for him. Lauren was snapping picture of wedding planning stuff earlier today... I'm guessing that's full steam ahead too.

I reiterate, I think Ben has a very low chance of actually winning this seat. They must realize this too. It's an experience, an opportunity. Why not take a risk and go for it? See if it's a lifestyle/career he may want to explore in the future? The last risk he took - going on The Bachelor both times - panned out very well for him. No risk, no reward.

ETA: @SeekAny, I'm ready for ABC to pick up that tab too! laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:45 pm

^Yep. Looking at the past election results Ben is at a disadvantage, a huge gap that a DUI by the other candidate probably won't be able to close. I'm sure he knows this, but perhaps to him this is a situation where if he didn't at least think it over, he'd have that "what if" in the back of his mind.
Imo.

Last edited by Al on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:52 pm

To do all of that when he knows he might not win, why bother? scratch Also for the wedding, they can't just count on ABC as we've seen in the past. I want to know how Lauren feels about it and I hope she's not agreeing to this to make him happy. He said he turned down DWTS to focus on Lauren and their relationship but this is sure to worsen that IMO.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 1f49c

Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 8367-910 Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 I_got_13 Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 E5kqdm15 Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11976

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:54 pm

^^ I think this would be a good a time as any other. He can gain experience for politicking. This will be like him going on the bachelorette failing and then getting his own show.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:01 pm

It's good experience, even if he doesn't have much chance of winning.

I clearly have to do a bit of googling, as I have no clue of this level US politics.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:39 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:This should be interesting. Imagine if he loses "fans" if they hate his politics. That's always a touchy subject. "Perfect Ben" would then turn into "to hell with you Ben" laugh out loud

IMO.

IMO if Ben loses fans they were never a true fan to begin with. Ben and Lauren will make decisions in what is best for them not the fans.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Linds911 wrote:Oh goodness. No words.
I'll think of some for us, girl! No worries. Always here for you Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 2498057887

It's hilarious how these people go on a reality show and all of the sudden they're experts in everything, including politics. Please show us the way, reality tv people!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:52 pm

Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 3806527698 Thanks Alanna! ;)

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 1f49c

Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 8367-910 Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 I_got_13 Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 E5kqdm15 Denver - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 15 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11976

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:54 pm

I may be in the minority but I think this could be a great opportunity for Ben and Lauren, especially if this is part of Ben's passion and goals in life. Ben is someone I've always thought could potentially be in politics (he just had that something about him, in a good way though) and not too surprising news considering his interview with Juliet where she broached the subject of politics and at the time I thought Ben viewed it as a very serious possibility and based on what he has done (outside the show, in his real life) it makes sense to me since he seems to have passion for people and community, which is admirable, imo.

I can see Ben doing very well in this endeavor. If anything, I think he was made for it. My hope for him is, if he does choose to do so and wins, that he is able to part of making a positive difference in his community and the lives of others.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Exactly. Perhaps this has always been in his interests because he knows he can make a difference. The presence of Lauren in his life probably made him think he can take on the biggest challenge in his life with her on his side.

I don't know how this can be worse than reality TV. It is certainly an area where there will always be two sides to it. This thread is evidence of it. Therefore, he needs to go into it with eyes wide open.

Ben is young enough that if he loses, this will give him battle scars which will either drive him forward in the next elections or completely leave it. My dad has been in politics all my life. It's a bug that if it hits you, you can never get rid of it. I just hope that this will not take a toll on BenLo's new relationship. That's all.

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:25 pm

I appreciated in the article that Ben made sure to point out that he is not a politician, but would like to take what he'a learned and make a difference with it. I think this is something he has given a lot of thought and as long as Lauren supports him, then I hope he goes for it. Yes he is still young, but he has always came off to me as very mature.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom