SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 26 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 26 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:59 am

Yeah, it's not the worst, and Ben and Lauren have got a good deal with the show. It's just annoying as a fan, and if they start posting less, it would be shame. I just don't get how the posters don't think that this ganging up on a persons sm amounts to bullying. 10-20 negative comments are no big deal, but when there are hundreds and they get meaner and meaner, it's straight up bullying and harassment. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 26 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:08 am

Fingersandtoes wrote:Yeah, it's not the worst, and Ben and Lauren have got a good deal with the show. It's just annoying as a fan, and if they start posting less, it would be shame. I just don't get how the posters don't think that this ganging up on a persons sm amounts to bullying. 10-20 negative comments are no big deal, but when there are hundreds and they get meaner and meaner, it's straight up bullying and harassment. Jmo.

It is bullying, the more vicious mean and anonymous form that we call trolling.

I have said before I met a guy on a plane who trolls college football fans sites from the Southeastern Conference. These people are every bit as intense about their college football teams as we are about this show if not more than we are. He literally just enjoyed going in and making mean and hateful comments about the teams just to piss off the fans. It made his day to get them riled up and have them taking the time to respond back to him. It was his hobby and he was proud of it. He actually didn't even care about the teams he was insulting, it was just fun for him to piss people off and work them up. Makes no sense to me, but gave me a very different perspective.

I realized then that engaging anyone who bothers with those anonymous negative comments just isn't worth it. They feed on it and are actually happy for the reaction, ignoring them is the best punishment. They get bored and will tend to give up when they aren't getting the feedback and attention they want. JMI/O.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:09 am

It's not the worst for contestants on the show, but it's definitely at its worst for what Lauren and Ben have faced since Jojos season has come back. lauren has been picked apart 5 of the last 6 pictures he has posted with her. I'm sure they both probably believed that once a new season came around, they would be old news and less people would give them attention.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:13 am

hae1001 wrote:It's not the worst for contestants on the show, but it's definitely at its worst for what Lauren and Ben have faced since Jojos season has come back. lauren has been picked apart 5 of the last 6 pictures he has posted with her. I'm sure they both probably believed that once a new season came around, they would be old news and less people would give them attention.

There was a story on the fit girl pic on Yahoo this morning. So unfortunately it will just get worse. Lauren acknowledging it and it getting noticed by the gossip media means it will be worse than ever.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:15 am

It's probably gotten to the point that no matter what is posted the trolls/snerts are going to find something. They don't care what it is. The only thing that will drive them away is silence.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:15 am

Ash2214 wrote:It is what it is. Celebrities and then these people from reality television shows get all kinds of hate thrown their way on social media. It's nothing new. Some get it worse than others. I may look at it differently if I was actually in the situation, but I look at it as these people get hundreds and hundred of comments on their postings and sometimes thousands. If they sit there and actually read them, then shame on them. The people leaving the comments are trolls just trying to get a reaction.

I say let it go, live your life, and who cares what nameless, faceless and then strangers say to you on social media. There's plenty of love being thrown their way too. That goes for all of these people. IMO.

Can't agree more!
If they can spot those nasty comments, which I think were only about 1/10 of all comments, got mad and felt the need to fight back, then I would say, shame on them. And those negative comments sound very mild ( from very little I checked), compared to muderder for MeAndi, whore for Kaitlyn, serial killer for Nick, those are almost nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:46 am

^^ Nah. Usually, yes, maybe 1/10 for Ben and Laren is negative. And they have always, always ignored that and taken the high road. As of recent, it's more like 9/10 are negative, just towards Lauren primarily. Her looks, her weight, now apparently her makeup. Ben's biggest sin is he didn't chose JoJo.

Shame on Ben and Lauren? Sorry, I will never shame the victim, and that goes for any of these people who got bullied online, Nick, Kaitlyn, whoever. They all crack from time to time to stand up for themselves. That's human. Was it the best move Lauren could have done? No. It inflamed the situation, but it was an emotional reaction. Shame on her? Yeah, not. Shame on these freakos who are being intentionally cruel for the sake of cruelty.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:57 am

Despite of all this talk about troll in sm . Wondering what would be the  affect of Ben's  future political career if he is going to run and these trolls are everywhere .Which I think based on what I read deciding to run is not a long shot for him . He seems considering it.

I do agree bullying in sm is not okay . But since the media picked up her response on this trolls which all over the media . It is getting worse and I bet this is just the beginning . I think they just stop reading the comments and ignore them. If they start blocking them. They are too many . Ignoring is just the only thing they could . Jmo.

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 26 Eb97c9
fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 26 9zt107fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 26 Xgicucfitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 26 Oaw2uvfitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 26 2pqw5k8fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 26 30szzaufitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 26 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle1 Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:09 pm

from my perspective i dont think i can say that lauren shouldnt be affected by the bullying because it doesnt compare to what kaitlyn got.....Bullying is wrong and thats all i know. Honestly i dont think anyone knows what they are getting into till they are actually living the part. For me the part that really got to me is when people started making fun of her makeup and bringing in the fact that they would donate to her....OMG...this is just sad....how can a human say something like that.. i do believe that the people that are defending lauren are making it worse becuase it almost seems like a game for the trolls, they take pleasure in keeping the disgusting conversation going.

michelle1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:14 pm

hae1001 wrote:It's not the worst for contestants on the show, but it's definitely at its worst for what Lauren and Ben have faced since Jojos season has come back. lauren has been picked apart 5 of the last 6 pictures he has posted with her. I'm sure they both probably believed that once a new season came around, they would be old news and less people would give them attention.
You would think, huh? It's the opposite though because people are reminded of the "I love you" situation all over again.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:21 pm

Trolling says more about the troll than the celebrity, you have to wonder why anyone would stay behind their computers and say such vile things about a complete stranger; why anyone would feel that strongly about someone that they barely know is something that baffles me . Life is too real out here, at least around me, so I personally would not lose sleep over a girl that I don't even know her middle name's makeup, laugh out loud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:30 pm

IMO, definitely shame on them, on Andi and Kaitlyn too, to just sit there and read through hundreds of comment. This just tells me, how much they care what people says about them. I don't mean leaving negative comments is right, but reading through hundreds of comments to spot the negatives? Sorry, that isn't sound right either.

And I think most of those sm h@ters are there to provoke their fans to have fun, instead of trying to tear Lauren B apart. As long as the fans react, they would not stop. I do think this generally happens across all celebrities' sm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom