SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 26 of 67 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 26 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:16 am

Kasha, Is Lester your grandog or do you have a new pet? I'm drawing a blank.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 26 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:29 am

mprssdbyu wrote:Kasha, Is Lester your grandog or do you have a new pet? I'm drawing a blank.

Lester is the granddog. Poodle. We must have him 50/50. Long story of crazy. The bottom line is he thinks he is mine at this point and I take care of him the best and with large heart. He is however, my daughter/son-in-law and grandsons'.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:52 am

@Kashathediva You need one of those stair lifts. Just sit on it with her in your lap and you can go up or down. She looks adorable.

When Oz had to be crated during his rehab, I just slept on the couch. Since he sleeps next to me I put his crate on the coffee table so he was on the same level and pulled it next to the couch when I went to sleep. He'd put his little paw out so he could touch me. I tried leaving him and going upstairs to bed, but I just felt too guilty.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:56 am

That's what it is--guilt. I'll see. I may have to camp out downstairs with the dogs. I have to try to talk myself out of trying to carry her up the steps and down. I can see myself trying to do something crazy. I do crazy things. LOL

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:08 am

Kashathediva wrote:That's what it is--guilt. I'll see. I may have to camp out downstairs with the dogs. I have to try to talk myself out of trying to carry her up the steps and down. I can see myself trying to do something crazy. I do crazy things. LOL

Could you manage if you strapped her to your chest in one of those baby carrier things?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:22 am

I don't think that would work. I'm only 5'1". She's a 23 lb sheltie. 12 steps of wiggling and not being able to seeing what I was walking down in front of me. I don't want to be the lady yelling help I've fallen and I can't get up and then 4 days later be found like an episode of CSI with maggots. affraid
Camping it is. Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 26 4256136633

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:37 pm

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 26 Wp_20112

It is with a lot of joy...and a lot of sadness...that I announce that after 10.5 months, Benjamin has finally been adopted. He went to his forever home on Sunday and his new mom has been kind enough to send me some photos and let me know that he is settling in nicely. I had pretty much resigned myself that he would be joining our pack if we made it to a year, but I guess it was not meant to be. He has been my longest foster ever and it was hard to let him go. We will all miss the little bugger. PINKHEART

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:56 am

@Sprite I'm so glad his new mom is still going to keep in touch. You showed him what it felt like to be loved. I wish that all animals could experience that in their lifetime. blowkiss

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:48 am

@Sprite Awwe that's so sweet! I'm glad he found his forever home. You have a heart of gold providing love and comfort to these babes until they find their forever homes. I imagine it's hard to let them go, but knowing they are going to be happy in their new home, must be a huge upside!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Long weekends for me although I look forward to them, this long weekend consists of thunderstorms fireworks, thunderstorms fireworks, another round of thunderstorms on the way and my pups are already starting to quiver.

I have tried everything to keep them calm nothing works. Playing iLDivo Cd calms them somewhat, but it's very challenging to see them so afraid. I've even brought them to the window to see fireworks that are at a nearby park, not a good idea. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:17 pm

@GuardianAngel Have you tried the thunder shirts GA? They sort of swaddle the animal and it calms them. I know some people that say they work pretty well. Some have also used aromatic oils. I'm very thankful my two don't care and sleep through everything.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:48 pm

I have thundershirts. Cost me a fortune for two of them. They freak out when I take them out it's as if they know. laugh out loud I haven't used oils because my little girl is very sensitive to fragrence. Loud soothing music seems to help. The shirts didn't do anything. One night during a 1am thunderstorm, I did wrap the bed sheet snuggly around them, and held them close, that did seem to help. They say you're suppose to act normal but that hasn't worked 11 yrs for one and 7 yrs for the other. I just hate it if I'm not home, I know they are so scared.

This was last year. They didn't know where to go or what to do.

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 26 Thunde10

This is what they do, they come to me and crawl all over me, behind me, in front, trying to get to the wall squishing themselves in that spot, both of them. laugh out loud

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 26 Ts210

My own pics.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 67 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby