SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 29 of 67 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 29 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:36 am

My  "First Lady" water lotus finally opened its first bloom. It 5 1/2 feet tall!

Still waiting on my white one to open. Bud isn't quite finished forming yet. Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 29 First_10Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 29 Water_11

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 29 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:55 am

@mprssdbyu wow that is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures that always bring a calming effect to this thread! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:37 pm

@mprssdbyu That is beautiful. I have never seen that before. How is it grown and how long did it take to get to that stage? Does it flower for long? TYIA

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Wow. Beautiful!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Dreamy, thanks
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13952

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:46 pm

@mprssdbyu so pretty!

Does anyone use some kind of GPS tag on their pet, to find them in real time if they got out, away, lost, etc.?  If so what brand, does it come with a monthly fee, etc.?

I've looked into the smart rabies tags but they have to be scanned to be alerted of a GPS location of the animal and it would have to be updated yearly.  I've been doing research to see what I can find instead of a microchip.  I've got a small dog, 5 pounds, the microchips are big for his little body and still have to be scanned at a vets.  So I was exploring other options.  

He doesn't have a habit of running off or anything, but I'd like to be prepared on the off chance something happened.

TIA! Smiley
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:54 pm

I have often thought about microchipping but never did anything about it. My little girl I trust off leash in the yard, they other one not so much. He's always on a leash. He'll come up to the door, and even if I tell him to come out, he won't until I put his leash on. He doesn't trust himself. laugh out loud Those darn squirrels tease me. laugh out loud

I thought when I checked into it, the microchip was very small. I remember the vet said like a grain of rice?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Microchips are like grains of rice. Those are relatively cheap now to do. I think like 50 bucks. Kasha mistakenly was done twice. Lol.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:33 am

@Ladybug82 Oz is 7lbs and I microchipped him with no problem.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Sprite wrote:@Ladybug82 Oz is 7lbs and I microchipped him with no problem.

We have an underground fence(live in the sticks) but we also micro chipped all the fur babies. I think we paid like $35 and their weights are 8 lbs, 14 lbs and 17 lbs. The only thing you really have to maintain is keeping your contact info up to date.

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Sprite wrote:@mprssdbyu That is beautiful. I have never seen that before. How is it grown and how long did it take to get to that stage? Does it flower for long? TYIA
Sprite, first let me apologize for taking a few days to get back to you. I wanted to round up pics to answer your questions. Last year was the first year I attempted to grow them. I purchased them here. http://pondkoi.com/aquatic_plants.htm

When you receive it, it's root resembles a chard stalk. I got a whiskey resin planter...filled it with mud from ditch and some clay type mud  and filled it with water. You let the root float on top of water until it sprouts leaves....as seen here. (About a week to 10 days). Then you lay the stalk/root on top of the mud in planter and put small pebble rocks on top of it to help hold thick root down so it doesn't float anymore. You don't bury it. In a matter of weeks it will root itself in the mud on its own. They love the heat so I put small aquarium heaters in mine in early April to give it a jump start. If you wait till later in the spring/summer months and just let the heat from sun do it's thing without heater, it will not bloom as often initially.

May 13, 2016
Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 29 Water_12

June 18, 2016
Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 29 Leaves10

July 24, 2016
Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 29 Before10

Last edited by mprssdbyu on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:52 pm

August 9th,, 2016Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 29 White_11

This year my pink one which is also new to me...rooted late this April ....has two blooms now. I don't know if you could see the second large bud behind the pic I posted the other day. They are heavy feeders so I fertilize with aquatic fertilizer. As you can see, it works as they stand over 5 feet tall. Now you know how to grow a Water Lotus! Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 29 3806527698

Last edited by mprssdbyu on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 67 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby