SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 30 of 67 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 48 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 30 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:57 pm

@mprssdbyu amazing! Thanks for sharing all that! Beautiful!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 30 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by Sprite Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:27 pm

@mprssdbyu Wow. Thank you for the information. Where are you located? I'm in southern Ontario so I wonder how the growing season might differ. How long do they bloom....a few weeks or months?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:27 am

Ladybug82 wrote:@mprssdbyu so pretty!

Does anyone use some kind of GPS tag on their pet, to find them in real time if they got out, away, lost, etc.?  If so what brand, does it come with a monthly fee, etc.?

I've looked into the smart rabies tags but they have to be scanned to be alerted of a GPS location of the animal and it would have to be updated yearly.  I've been doing research to see what I can find instead of a microchip.  I've got a small dog, 5 pounds, the microchips are big for his little body and still have to be scanned at a vets.  So I was exploring other options.  

He doesn't have a habit of running off or anything, but I'd like to be prepared on the off chance something happened.

TIA! Smiley

A happy ending story and microchips... There is a facebook page for the small town I live in (California) for lost and found animals. A young man recently posted that his 3 month old puppy was stolen from his backyard. I think it may have been a pit bull or pit bull mix. Anyway, after he posted, everyone was on the look out and no one had spotted the dog. About a week later, he got a call from a shelter in the mid west, Oklahoma, I think, that had his puppy. Turns out the young man's next door neighbor is mentally ill, stole the dog for his drive across country, and dumped the dog on the freeway. Some passerby rescued the puppy and took him to the shelter. The owner was contacted because of the microchip and they were reunited. As the admin on that site always says, microchips are a must.

On a different and sad note, I discovered one of my kitties deceased yesterday under the shed. I noticed him on Saturday morning and thinking he didn't look very good, very lethargic. I was going to make him a vet appointment, but never saw him again. This is one of the kitties I let stay in my yard after their feral mom died. He was only a little over a year old. I'm wondering if he was poisoned or ate something that is poisonous?
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:37 am

@Mustang19 awww a happy story and a sad story. One of my friends just lost her kitty of 13 years. He was a stray, she is heartbroken.

So sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:18 pm

@Mustang19 I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm

So sorry, Mustang. Very sorry.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Thank you. This is Yeti. He was a beautiful cat, and such a character. I need to find out if I have plants in my yard that are poisonous for cats. He was perfectly fine one day and gone the next. I don't understand.

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 30 Img_7711
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:39 pm

He is one fine looking kitty. It is very possible he got into something poisonous. Very scary. May he RIP.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:43 pm

@Mustang19 Awe. He was such a beautiful kitty. RIP

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:45 pm

He's beautiful! If he was healthy in every way, I would assume he ate something as well. It could very well be a plant. But why now and not in the last year? Not knowing has to be very hard. I found this.

The following is a listing of plants that are toxic to cats, as well as the most commonly encountered toxic plants:

Amaryllis (Amaryllis sp.)
Autumn Crocus (Colchicum autumnale)
Azaleas and Rhododendrons (Rhododendron sp.)
Castor Bean (Ricinus communis)
Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum sp.)
Cyclamen (Cyclamen sp.)
English Ivy (Hedera helix)
Kalanchoe (Kalanchoe sp.)
Lilies (Lilium sp.)
Marijuana (Cannabis sativa)
Oleander (Nerium oleander)
Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp.)
Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
Sago Palm (Cycas revoluta)
Spanish thyme (Coleus ampoinicus)
Tulip and Narcissus bulbs (Tulipa and Narcissus sp.)
Yew (Taxus sp.)
http://www.petmd.com/cat/emergency/poisoning-toxicity/e_ct_poisonous_plants

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:27 pm

Mustang19 wrote:Thank you. This is Yeti. He was a beautiful cat, and such a character. I need to find out if I have plants in my yard that are poisonous for cats. He was perfectly fine one day and gone the next. I don't understand.

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 30 Img_7711

I am so sorry for your loss. I just had to put my 15 year old cat down this morning quite suddenly. He walked into the kitchen to eat and all of a sudden couldn't use his hind legs and collapsed. Vet said probably a blood clot that got lodged near his back from a heart murmur he had and it paralyzed his back legs. It was so sad letting him go and I am still in shock.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:33 pm

So sorry to hear about the lose of your fur baby Kels. I know how it feels to love a cat and have to let them go. It's hard but we do the best for our kitties that we can and knowing when it's time to give them peace is part of that.
My sincere condolences.
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13952

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 67 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 48 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby