SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 63 of 67 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ONstorm - Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 63 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:41 pm

@Sprite thanks for the info. I didn't realize that especially if he's an outdoor cat how do you keep him from roaming. I don't mind at all that he was hanging around, I was just worried he was lost.

@Linds911 laugh out loud so sweet! My boy and little girl when I had her sad were both great in the car. That makes it so easy to take them anywhere. They would both lay on their pillows and not move. The longest I've driven is around 2 hours, not a peep. Some have problems with motion sickness. Glad you were able to get pictures!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

ONstorm - Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 63 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by Sprite Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:38 pm

@GuardianAngel It can be hard. Some people let them roam because they don't use the litter box in the house. My experience is that unless they have UTI, if the litter box is clean, the cats use it. If it isn't, there will be a mess everywhere. Some cats like going out during the warmer months and will more willingly stay indoors when it's cold.

I adopted Jet years ago. He was a stray I found during one of the coldest winters ever. I came home from work one Sunday and there he was on my welcome matt. There was a foot of snow on the ground and the poor guy had frostbite. His paws were peeling and he couldn't walk any more. He was so hungry. I brought him inside and put him in the cat bed in front of the fireplace. He only woke up when I brought him some food and to use the litter. Slept for a couple of days. I contacted the humane society and animal care and control if anyone was looking for him. Nobody was so he stayed. During the winter he was as happy as a clam to be indoors, but as soon as the warmer weather hit, he was out. I tried, but he wasn't having any of it. That is why he was Jet. So fast and sneaky. Thankfully, we were in a nice area with lots of trees so he never went far. If I was leaving, I would call him and he would trot right back home. He was like a dog. Brought me a ton of "gifts". It was like a graveyard around my house. He would even bring me fresh burgers and BBQ chicken...hot off the grill. He would be so proud strutting with his tail up in the air. He was the smartest of any of the animals I ever had and had the biggest personality. Such a love bug. Still miss the little bugger. He was like miniature black panther and just as deadly.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:51 pm

@Sprite what a great story! Thanks for sharing.

Animals are so smart it's unbelievable. I'm not cat expert but since he brought you a lot of gifts, he must have been showing you how much he appreciated you. It must have been heartbreaking to find him on your door step with all that snow but rewarding to see him get healthy.

I saw this today. laugh out loud

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CatsOnTwitter&src=typeahead_click

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:57 am

@GuardianAngel So cute.

I have yet to meet an animal I don't like. I can't say the same about people.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:18 pm

@Sprite so true.

I'm so thankful for all the organizations out there and foster's like you who help out. This is just one of my many favourites. Pilots who volunteer their time.

https://twitter.com/PilotsNPaws

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:28 am

@GuardianAngel Yes. Some of our volunteers also participate in transport. Not flying, but driving. Sometimes we have dogs coming from Quebec and there are volunteers all along the way who do 1 1/2 hour intervals. So basically they drive 3 hours there and back each during the route. The planning is the hardest part because sometimes you have multiple animals who have different stops. They have to coordinate the volunteers for pick up/drop off, make sure they have enough space in the car/van for multiples if needed. Sometimes some volunteers have to keep them for a day. It can be trying, particularly during bad weather. That is why they only allow people to drive for 3 hours tops. It can also be stressful if the dogs have behaviour issues or aren't good in the car. Some of are volunteers are so amazing.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:34 am

@Sprite That is so much planning and work plus getting the volunteers I think is challenging too. Driving to Quebec in the winter would be awful.

I admire them all!!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:51 pm

Dogs are going insane!! laugh out loud

https://twitter.com/dead_inside13

https://twitter.com/sunshowers08
And some not so crazy about the storm. laugh out loud (Like my pup who's been sleeping since 10am laugh out loud)

https://twitter.com/JackieMarchegi2

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:46 pm

I love seeing dogs romp in the snow!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:03 am

ONstorm - Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 63 20210110

My Winston. No matter the weather, the tongue is always hanging out.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:20 pm

@Sprite aww so cute.

My guy used to love the snow. Now he doesn't want anything to do with it. laugh out loud

My Sophie little girl who I lost suddenly RIP, loved the snow. Watching her roll around and do zoommies in the first snowfall was so enjoyable.

I think this is when Louie started hating winter. laugh out loud my baby girl on the right loved jumping right into snow drifts. She'd warm up like a sprinter does, then go for it! laugh out loud

ONstorm - Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 63 Pelham10

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:20 am

@GuardianAngel So cute. I do love it when they enjoy the snow. Winston tolerates it, but basically he is a couch potato and goes out because he has to and because he gets a treat when we get back.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 67 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby