SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

h - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Mommyof2 Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:40 am

Ben could never make it as President. Washington would leave him sobbing in the corner! h - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 3806527698
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

h - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:45 am

Ben can be MY president. As in "Helloooo Mr. Presidentttt" h - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 3806527698

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:22 am

Ben already has z-list fame in the form of his own reality show. That's the big time for these alumni and unprecedented. Seriously, living the dream for a lot of these people!! laugh out loud

This political seat only makes 30K a year. He'd likely make more money shilling Sugar Bear Hair and Hello Fresh. Running a campaign is long, grueling hard work. Again, easier to sit on your butt, shilling products, and making storylines out of wedding planning, Honduras trip & Humanity and Hope, everyday life around Denver. Not to mention, by doing this, Ben is really putting himself out there and risking losing a lot of fans once he starts talking about his political beliefs. That takes major courage, and it likely will alienate some people. And if/when he loses (he's prob going to lose this one), he's opening himself up for a lot of criticism. There is NO WAY, IMO, he's putting himself through all this for the sake of fame, or for a storyline for his reality show. Especially just doing it for the reality show - that almost seems borderline unethical to me.

I think he's doing it, because whether it was initially his idea  or not, the idea intrigues him.  You just don't decide to do something like this without really wanting it. It's a way to use his "platform" in a more meaningful way. It's a career move. It's a bigger deal, and potentially longer lasting than any fleeting reality show or fame chasing. If anything, of the two, he's probably using the reality show for his potential political career, not the other way around.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:10 am

Alanna laugh out loud laugh out loud laugh out loud laugh out loud.

What else is the reality show going to show of Ben and Lauren? Lauren trying to hock things on instagram? Ben selling software? If they're not going to create staged drama on their own within their relationship, the show needs a story. The political stuff gives it one. (This isn't even about disliking Ben/Lauren; it's just what I perceive about what's going on. Plus, the CO GOP gets a puppet.)

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:27 am

Maybe I'm being naive, but IMO Ben wants to bring attention to the things he's passionate about, like the charities he works on, and one way is through politics. He wants to help and make a difference, and he can do that through politics. IMO he wouldn't do it just for a sl for this reality show.

Personally I'm exited to see her adventures in career changing, and what they will show about the charity work. I also think there is a lot of down time for them that isn't filmed, they only have the camera crew around for special occasions IMO.

The first episode will start most likely with the 4th of July celebrations, the engagement party is filmed, Lauren's trips to figure out her career plans, the politics, wedding dress fittings/planning/ meetings. For a 10 episode show they don't need to have a camera crew around all the time. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:18 am

^ Do we even know if it's going to be 10 episodes? I'd assume it's definitely going to be an even number of episodes.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:22 pm

babs wrote:snipped

I agree.  If he wanted fame, just for the sake of being famous, he would go Hollywood, not politics.  A lot of politicians end up infamous.

Exactly. It would be more detrimental to him if he was in it just for fame. I can't see anyone putting in all those hours negative media attention etc, just for fame. He has IMO proven he is a caring individual who is always positive and wants to make a difference. IMO that's all that this is about.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71507

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:^ Do we even know if it's going to be 10 episodes? I'd assume it's definitely going to be an even number of episodes.

I'm just guessing 8 or 10. The ten would just fit well with a follow up wedding or finale episode wedding IMO.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:17 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/ap-star-of-the-bachelor-files-to-run-for-colorado-house-2016-7

h - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 Eb97c9
h - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 9zt107h - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 Xgicuch - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 Oaw2uvh - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 2pqw5k8h - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 30szzauh - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 6 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgia Lindsay Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:20 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
babs wrote:snipped

I agree.  If he wanted fame, just for the sake of being famous, he would go Hollywood, not politics.  A lot of politicians end up infamous.

Exactly. It would be more detrimental to him if he was in it just for fame. I can't see anyone putting in all those hours negative media attention etc, just for fame. He has IMO proven he is a caring individual who is always positive and wants to make a difference. IMO that's all that this is about.
Agree, he could put himself through a lot less 'torture' than politics if he wanted fame, there are much easier ways to do so. JMO

Georgia Lindsay

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:55 pm

http://www.people.com/article/bachelor-ben-higgins-running-office-colorado?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Why did he withdraw?
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:00 pm

^ He withdrew..? I just read that exact article about 3 hours ago, and it never said he withdrew then... That's weird IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq