SELECT CONTENT

Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3

Page 7 of 59 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 33 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" -  Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3

Post by rhondam Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:44 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I remember Andy's season there was a particular screen cap. I will search for it when I am done with this post just for the heck of it. We had difficulty placing who was in the screen cap. It did not make sense.
Anyway, it ended up being Tessa going up the steps of a restaurant entrance with Andy. She got another 1:1 that was slated to go to  someone else.  It was not planned for her. That is what confused the sleuthers. She had had her 1:1. How could it be her again? It was. There was cast influence to modify who that date was for.

*ETA* pretty woman date.
Are you saying that Tessa was not scheduled to go on that particular date but she is indeed the one who did go on that date?

I agree that certain dates are geared for certain people based on fears etc but I swear I read or heard one of the Bettes say that the show arranges the dates but they get to choose who goes on them. I will keep a look out to see if I can find the blog or interview with yhat info.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" -  Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3

Post by julychild Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
rhondam wrote:One of the past Bettes (forget who, sorry) said that the dates were set up but the leads got to choose who went on what dates for the most part. I think it was Ali or Jilly.
I actually thought it was just the opposite. That the dates were set up by production with who was going on what and the lead had little to no input. Think of how often the adrenaline date is for the cast person who has the fear of the focus of the date. (heights, sharks etc)
Also, a few seasons back sleuthers actually got a visualization of storyboard set up. I doubt the lead would know about this or dates ahead of the fact.

You are right Kasha. Ali said (and Jason M also said the same) that the leads had no say in who goes on what date until they get to the F4. The producers also determine who goes home every episode and even in what order the roses are given out. She said once you identify your top 6 or so, they run the show from there and only give you free reign at the F4 point. Don't know if things have changed since her time.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:57 pm

That is what I remember hearing. Yes. There are others here who will also remember this. 
That date was a 1:1. It was the Cinderella/Pretty Woman date. It was initially for someone else. 
Tessa was very luke warm about this entire process of dating and was threatening to leave is what I had heard. I heard the date was re-arranged so she could spend more time with Andy.
But getting back to the subject at hand, I have never, ever heard the lead has input as to who goes on what date. The lead is not sure what the dates are even.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:05 pm

I expect if the lead does a tantrum because her mind is already set and at mid-season she still had no date, that they would accommodate her somehow.

this season we saw 2 NFL oriented group date..... considering that both needed some before season planning, we can assume that she had no say in them... except the football when jordan was a winner no matter the team. That was the episode where I think luke and robby stayed home right? episode 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:08 pm

julychild wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
rhondam wrote:One of the past Bettes (forget who, sorry) said that the dates were set up but the leads got to choose who went on what dates for the most part. I think it was Ali or Jilly.
I actually thought it was just the opposite. That the dates were set up by production with who was going on what and the lead had little to no input. Think of how often the adrenaline date is for the cast person who has the fear of the focus of the date. (heights, sharks etc)
Also, a few seasons back sleuthers actually got a visualization of storyboard set up. I doubt the lead would know about this or dates ahead of the fact.

You are right Kasha. Ali said (and Jason M also said the same) that the leads had no say in who goes on what date until they get to the F4. The producers also determine who goes home every episode and even in what order the roses are given out. She said once you identify your top 6 or so, they run the show from there and only give you free reign at the F4 point. Don't know if things have changed since her time.
Oooooh I strongly disagree with that. Definitely in some odd cases when they need some drama, but not all guys. No, no, no. I guess we'll have to join one of their blogs to ask in the comments to know for sure. I have never joined any of those things, but I will so we can get an answer. Smiley 
Kashathediva wrote:That is what I remember hearing. Yes. There are others here who will also remember this. 
That date was a 1:1. It was the Cinderella/Pretty Woman date. It was initially for someone else. 
Tessa was very luke warm about this entire process of dating and was threatening to leave is what I had heard. I heard the date was re-arranged so she could spend more time with Andy.
But getting back to the subject at hand, I have never, ever heard the lead has input as to who goes on what date. The lead is not sure what the dates are even.
They know about their dates as thy come up. I believe I heard/read that they decide who for what date for the week. Ok I'm making a lot of claims here so I'm going to do due diligence and try to find these answers. Smiley

ETA: For clarification, I am NOT saying the lead PLANS the dates, I am saying that they are allowed to CHOOSE (for the most part) who gets what date. This is what I recall hearing/reading and I will get proof either way. Somehow. Someway. Someday (hopefully soon)
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:13 pm

My understanding was that the dates were all planned out and prepared before the season starts filming.  Nothing is done last minute, it's all apart of the story board, but someone please CMIIW.

Now, who goes on what date and when must wait until final guys are picked for the M&G, who the top contenders are, whose staying/going, and TPTB see who clicks and who rubs against each other to further manipulate situations and add drama.  JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:24 pm

something I noticed tho is that jojo knew that chase was going to interrupt the RC... she kept looking at the stairs and she was slowing her speech to keep the subject on chase until he arrived. that is how I felt it.

So IMO, she is completely aware of how things will happen sometimes like for example ask her to do not eliminate X or Y because it fits their script... unless it suit the prods like giving her the tabloid when she was on cloud 9 after jordan first date.

I do not remember who said that at M&G the prods already ask the lead who are the top 4 or 5.

puppets...

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:34 pm

I felt that the air hanger thing was awkward too like she was waiting for Luke to say something. I don't know.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:38 pm

HEA wrote:I expect if the lead does a tantrum because her mind is already set and at mid-season she still had no date, that they would accommodate her somehow.

this season we saw 2 NFL oriented group date..... considering that both needed some before season planning, we can assume that she had no say in them... except the football when jordan was a winner no matter the team. That was the episode where I think luke and robby stayed home right? episode 3?

The dates for the most part and the locations are storyboarded way before filming begins. A good example is the wedding Chris and Whitney "crashed". They did not stumble upon the wedding. 
Basically, what Ashley Salter stumbled upon during free lance walk of boredom on the mansion grounds showed this "war room".  Myself, as well as other members on this forum have seen photos of the storyboard in back drop and it is similar to what they showed on Unreal.
And again, the lead does not choose who goes on what dates. There maybe an odd occasion where there is a change like the one I noted above with Andy and Tessa, but if this were true, you would not have a heart torn choice for the 2:1 dates. The lead would choose an easy disposable choice and a keeper. 
When it gets down toward the end--Like Sean with Cat and the elephants there may be a more working relationship between production and lead, but that's about it. It's not like the lead sits down with production and choose ok--robby, JT and Wells this date. Jordan, Luke, Chase this date and Chad 1:1.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Based on all this, can it be that the whole thing is a sham and that the couples who have lasted are just coincidence? Hmmm.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:Based on all this, can it be that the whole thing is a sham and that the couples who have lasted are just coincidence?   Hmmm.

Yeah, I was wondering if a lead said I want so-and-so for F1 prods could say something like no you can't have him, he's our next Bach. That would s*ck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:56 pm

It's certainly not "reality" as  in a documentary. It's more scripted than some reality tv and less than others, I suppose. 
However, even totally scripted movies and shows have had couples "acting" that fell in love with each other. It happens all the time.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 59 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 33 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3

+81
mizzoufan
TrishB
Beagle
sdmom
blueblues