SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by suzq Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:25 pm

The Daily Mail is reporting that tomorrow on GMA — Tyra Banks will be named the new DWTS host. Does this mean they are only having 1 host? They also said that Tyra would be an excutive producer.

suzq

Back to top Go down

twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:35 pm

@suzq WOW! THAT IS “ a different direction” I guess they’re scrambling to look better in race representation.... no idea
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:43 pm

@Astrobach. Tyra is okay. She is on Celebwatchparty show with her mom. I actually enjoy her mom more. Do they only need 1 host now with COVID or are they trying to save money. I will miss Tom and Erin. JMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:01 pm

I'm sorry but IMO Tyra does not have the sense of humor to carry the hosting of this show. I have seen her on the Celebrity Watch Party and she isn't really funny, more OTT and trying too hard.

If they want more race representation they could cast more people of colour as part of the cast and dancers. Don't mess with the host. To me that is the one part of the show that didn't need any changing.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:34 pm

Tyra was horrible as the host of AGT. I am so disgusted that they dropped Tom as host all because he wasn’t diverse enough. I liked Erin but, IMO, she was replaceable. Tom was the heart and soul of DWTS.

twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Samuel10twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Samuel10 twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Family10twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Samuel15twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Yeah no thanks. Will just look up Kaitlyn's dances on YT no need to sit through 2 hours of Tyra every Monday. Agree she was a bore on AGT. Well thank god The Voice is on Mondays. Bye bye DWTS it was fun.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 1f49c

twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 8367-910 twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 I_got_13 twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 E5kqdm15 twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11977

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:57 am

Tyra will be the solo host. Guess they decided they only need 1 host now.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:57 am

Their ratings have been on the down slide for a few years so, they definitely need a refresh but, I would have made the shakeup at the judging table and switched out that tired as*ed music.
If diversity is a goal, they should have replaced Erin with a young, cool female from the music world and kept Tom. Tyra can produce and interject her style/influence without starring.
All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:18 am

Well since Tyra is also named as an Executive Producer she will most likely contribute to DWTS budget even if she is just helping secure funds. They are able to lower costs considerably by cutting the co-host position. As for Tom & Erin they will be missed but both will turn up somewhere else on TV, although Tom is 65 & I am sure he has plenty of money saved for a comfortable retirement.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:40 am

https://twitter.com/DancingABC/status/1283424560763699200?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19231

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:54 am

So disappointed that they let Tom and Erin go.  Like others have said, they should have at least kept Tom.  I personally have not liked Tyra as a host and don't see this as an improvement for DWTS.
If I watch the show, it will probably be recorded so I can fast forward through the interviews.  twins - DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 10 3806527698
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:18 am

It seems that many of the comments on the Facebook announcement are not very happy about getting rid of Tom and replacing him with Tyra.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
jojo47
Amethyst
LoveDovez
MiniDiva
bluwavz