SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:59 pm

This is pretty sad. He is such a gentleman who has been in the business for years and has never had an ounce of scandal.

Tom Bergeron poked fun at how fast he had been replaced by Tyra Banks as the new host of “Dancing with the Stars.”

After exiting the series earlier this week, the longtime host of ABC’s dancing competition took to Twitter on Wednesday, joking, “I guess I won’t be getting back my monogrammed towels.”

Bergeron’s co-host Erin Andrews — who also exited the series — quipped, “You got towels @Tom_Bergeron??”

“I’m sorry this is how you had to find out #TerryCloth,”

https://pagesix.com/2020/07/16/tom-bergeron-jokes-about-tyra-banks-quickly-replacing-him-on-dwts/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by pavalygurl Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:46 am

@GuardianAngel I saw him speak once at the LA Times book fair which at the time was at UCLA. He had written a book called something like "I'm hosting as fast as I can". He was so funny and kind and just a great speaker. He stayed on afterwards and spoke with all the of the folks who waited to speak with him. He could not have been more gracious. My sister and I just loved him. I like that he was always the same gracious guy on the show and while he'd kid with folks, it was not mean spirited. We need more of that in this time. I'm kind of meh on Tyra. I can think of lots of hosts I'd prefer to her.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:39 am

@pavalygurl ITA I've watched him for years on various other shows he hosted. Thanks for sharing your personal story. yes

I don't know much about Tyra only because what little I've seen of her, she doesn't interest me at all.

I A with all those who feel the hosts are not what needs to be changed. The show has become to me an obvious game of favourites which has not been enjoyable for me the last several years.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:17 pm

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1295448910132060161?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19214

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:10 pm

Do we know when this will premiere? I can't find a date unless they haven't announced it yet.

How many days/ weeks prior to the premiere do they announce the dancers, I can't recall.

Kaitlyn and Jason are on a boat on the lake for a "last night cuddle cruise". I wonder if she's getting ready to leave.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:22 am

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1295698337845452800?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19214

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Jason and Kaitlyn said on IG story that she's leaving for LA in a few days. Will probably start rehearsing with her partner next week?

I read an article that they will probably keep the partnerships a secret until premiere night. Pretty certain people will sleuth and find out before hand. Knowing Kaitlyn she will give hints on her partner since we know she can't keep secrets. giggling

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 8367-910 DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 I_got_13 DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 E5kqdm15 DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:24 pm

They are making the DWTS pro dancers married couples quarantine from each other? That is odd -- I wouldn't like that. Will Jason be able to come with Kaitlyn and stay with her? Will the contestants be able to meet each other at all? This is definitely a different season IMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:41 pm

This makes total sense. The pro's that are married, must live apart. If one gets sick, chances are the other will, which would eliminate two couples because chances are their partners would have been exposed. Even if they aren't infected they'd have to quarantine. I don't understand why this isn't the same for everyone.

The sports teams are all in bubbles. Reporters, cameramen, etc anyone involved with the team, plus all the people who work in hotels restaurants etc. No one allowed in or out. They can't see their families or anyone, period.

Given the COVID-19 pandemic, the show is implementing a new rule this season: all pros must live apart, even those who are married to a fellow pro. This precaution aims to prevent the eliminations of two pros and their celebrity partners should one get sick throughout the season.
https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1295698337845452800?s=20

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:49 pm

Linds911 wrote:Jason and Kaitlyn said on IG story that she's leaving for LA in a few days. Will probably start rehearsing with her partner next week?

I read an article that they will probably keep the partnerships a secret until premiere night. Pretty certain people will sleuth and find out before hand. Knowing Kaitlyn she will give hints on her partner since we know she can't keep secrets. giggling

I'm thinking Sasha since Kaitlyn is so tiny.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:40 pm

@Sprite agree with you. And I think they could have a really good shot at the mirror ball, too!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:03 am

The one thing Tom could do (that I'm not convinced Tyra can do) is to rescue a situation that was rapidly going south. Whether it was a wardrobe malfunction, a too-pointed comment by a judge, or an upset contestant, he would pull a quick quip out of his hat and get everyone to laugh and move on. He would get them past that awkward moment.

I personally think it's an ageist thing. DWTS has always chased after younger viewers, even though it's core demographic has always skewed older. The show has lived in a constant state of denial. I don't mind them including younger celebs, Bachelor/ette celebs, etc. in an attempt to pull in younger viewers, but to outright deny your core viewership is IMO silly. Tom was starting to look noticeably older this past season, the the switch, although disappointing, was not a huge shock to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In unrelated news, long time DWTS pro Sharna Burgess was reportedly approached, pre-pandemic, to be the Bachelorette - Australia. She says she turned it down because the opportunity didn't feel right at the time, and also because she lives and is based here in the U.S. She says she wouldn't mind the occasional gig down under, but the U.S. is her home. She wouldn't mind being the Bachelorette here, however!

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/dwts-sharna-burgess-id-go-on-the-bachelorette-if-asked/
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Former Contestants - Updated News - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
jojo47
Amethyst
LoveDovez
MiniDiva
bluwavz