SELECT CONTENT

Sports - Free For All - Discussion

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Sports - Free For All - Discussion

Post by umngirl Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:03 pm

Well I'm not defending Abby's words, that ref was completely and utterly ridiculous with those yellows. The fouls weren't worthy of yellow cards, and that's according to a wide variety of soccer experts. I think the comments from a few years ago were worse in that she basically said the refs fixed the game. Abby didn't go that far. There's no way FIFA is suspending one of the biggest international stars for the World Cup. Perhaps she will get a suspension after.

Personally, I'm still incredibly pissed that FIFA is allowing this tournament to take place on turf. Soccer is meant for grass. And the stupid money grubbers wouldn't listen to the players' petitions over the last few years.

Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 87b72b10 Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 86669110 Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Sports - Free For All - Discussion

Post by umngirl Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:05 pm

On a much happier note, a kid from my high school got drafted into the NBA tonight. I've known him and his family for the past 18 years. And I couldn't be prouder to see him reach his dream.

Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 87b72b10 Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 86669110 Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:24 pm

It was an Olympic game with "questionable officiating" through out the whole game. Canada ahead 3-2 another questionable officiating decision with not much time left in the game was made. IMO that gave them what they wanted. She was right to call them out. Not many have the guts, because it's true.

Like I said, love the sport, hate the politics and the corruption. Hope those arrested rot in jail, along with many more that need to be arrested. Throw in the ice skating judges with them while they are at it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:54 pm

^I remember the game. She flat out said the refs fixed the game. That is nearly impossible to prove and a very serious allegation. Of course FIFA is going to suspend the player. While FIFA is corrupt, they still don't take kindly to those comments. And she was suspended after an investigation not immediately after. The same could happen if they review it after the World Cup.

Abby didn't go nearly that far. There were no allegations of fixing. The worst she said was it seemed like the ref was targeting players who already had yellows. Plus, she apologizes which FIFA will probably take into consideration when thinking about an immediate suspension.

Thankfully, there hasn't been any huge scandals this World Cup. Yet of course. FIFA needs all the positive

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Momon001 Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Yes Umngirl soccer is meant for grass we call it in my homeland foot ball. Soccer and cricket are the most popular spots in the Caribbean.

Momon001

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:19 pm

Congrats Team USA! Good luck in the finals in the beautiful BC Place! #FIFA

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:05 am

Congrats USA Womens World Cup! Total domination!

Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 1627380978

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:11 am

The game was pretty much over after the 4th goal! Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 1710264613 Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 1627380978

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 8367-910 Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 I_got_13 Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 E5kqdm15 Sports - Free For All - Discussion - Page 8 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:27 am

That game was f'ing awesome!! SO proud of the USWNT. They once again showed why they are the best team in the world.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:25 am

Good luck Canada at the Pan Am Games! For the rest of Toronto, sorry you're going through the traffic nightmares.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:31 am

I was hearing that Roger Federer made the Wimbledon final again. It is amazing how he keeps playing at such a high level and manages to be a true gentleman while doing it.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:16 pm

I saw clips from the Ticker Tape parade for the World Champions. It was so great to see all the young girls cheering them on. Hopefully some of those watching will decide to try sports or go back to it.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sports - Free For All - Discussion

+31
GuardianAngel
SLA44
california90
AllAboutLove
Momon001