SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 51 of 79 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bacheloretteca - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Bobette Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:45 pm

northernviewer wrote:Just watched the episode...kinda chuckled when her family said the Kevin was the type of guy she usually dated....I speculated that a few weeks ago....i said i thought Mike and Mikel are what she was looking for when she went on the show but probably chose "the usual".  Hoping she sees the red flags but I highly doubt it.  

I'm just watching the ep now and at the 3:25 mark Jasmine recalls Kevin's limo arrival and says in voiceover: "I remember thinking uhhh, I don't know if I would date this guy".  

Hasn't Jasmine said in an interview that F1 isn't her usual type?  Based on her vo, that would suggest Kevin.  But then we have her family/friends saying Kevin IS the kind of guy she usually dates, so choosing the opposite would make it Mikhel.

So is the vo a misdirection?  Or maybe the family are saying Kevin's personality is her usual type while Jasmine was basing her initial reaction on his looks at first sight?

question
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

bacheloretteca - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by primexi Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:59 pm

maybe her typical type is a guy with tattoos? her first impression of everyone was when they were in suits. I would think a hairdresser would not be into kevins hair laugh out loud but idk. but i also think the family was talking about personality when it came to kevin.

primexi

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:19 am

IIRC she also said in last night's epi that she was attracted to him early on or they had an early connection. She said that at the same time as she was recalling Kevin's limo entrance?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:38 am

Jasmine goes through a summary of both guys during the process. She said when he first came out of the limo she was thinking he's not her type and would not go out with him. But it wasn't until the second episode when they had that wrestling match, did she take more notice of him. She was intrigued that all the guys called him Captain Canada and how they looked up to him. She goes on to say that from their first date they had a very intense connection and that it has sky rocketed since then. She also compares how other relationships had to catch up to theirs through out the process.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:41 am

GuardianAngel wrote:IIRC she also said in last night's epi that she was attracted to him early on or they had an early connection. She said that at the same time as she was recalling Kevin's limo entrance?

That line I quoted about her not thinking he was the kind of guy she would date is word for word from the episode so for her to then say she was attracted to him early on is a curious contradiction.  

The voiceovers in general were VERY choppy on last night's episode IMO - the scene where Jasmine's talking about KW leaving the FS date sounds like it was assembled from about 20 different vos!  

TPTB definitely seem to be crafting her words to tell the story they want to tell - to what end though?  TWT.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:58 am

Yeah, it's a bit weird that Jasmine said on her first ID with Kevin that he wasn't her usual type/she had never dated a hunk/stud that all the girls want ... and her family/friend basically stated the opposite. So does she not know her own type? Are they wrong? I guess maybe they interpret the guys differently? laugh out loud 
I mean, she said Seth was her type and IMO he's nothing like Kevin ... so ... who really knows laugh out loud

ETA: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you're welcome laugh out loud I really enjoyed Laurelly ... she was so funny & I thought her interaction with Kevin was adorable.

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:08 am

At the beginning of episode 9 didn't it feel like the Mikhel was auditioning for the part of bachelor with his walk and contemplation on the beach.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:22 am

Personally I didn't get that audition feel.
They do that type of shot when they are reflecting on their thoughts or whatever.
I've seen that type of shot with April after (not comparing for F1 theory or anything)
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:54 am

dee wrote:Jasmine goes through a summary of both guys during the process. She said when he first came out of the limo she was thinking he's not her type and would not go out with him. But it wasn't until the second episode when they had that wrestling match, did she take more notice of him. She was intrigued that all the guys called him Captain Canada and how they looked up to him. She goes on to say that from their first date they had a very intense connection and that it has sky rocketed since then. She also compares how other relationships had to catch up to theirs through out the process.

Yes that's what I was trying to remember. Thanks for putting it all in order.

If Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Seth are her type, then Kevin is not her usual type IMHO. It's possible she was referring to looks alone and the mother was referring to first impressions, tough guy, doesn't appear serious or the stable type.

However after knowing more about him, f/f served in the Navy and as Jillian Harris said she thinks Kevin mentioned his previous dating history only as a matter of reassuring the mom that he now knows Jasmine is who he wants to be with long term.

This is the opposite of what we sometimes see when the contestant has never been in love, or has only had one long term relationship and that's a concern to the lead.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:16 am

Bobette wrote:
northernviewer wrote:Just watched the episode...kinda chuckled when her family said the Kevin was the type of guy she usually dated....I speculated that a few weeks ago....i said i thought Mike and Mikel are what she was looking for when she went on the show but probably chose "the usual".  Hoping she sees the red flags but I highly doubt it.  

I'm just watching the ep now and at the 3:25 mark Jasmine recalls Kevin's limo arrival and says in voiceover: "I remember thinking uhhh, I don't know if I would date this guy".  

Hasn't Jasmine said in an interview that F1 isn't her usual type?  Based on her vo, that would suggest Kevin.  But then we have her family/friends saying Kevin IS the kind of guy she usually dates, so choosing the opposite would make it Mikhel.

So is the vo a misdirection?  Or maybe the family are saying Kevin's personality is her usual type while Jasmine was basing her initial reaction on his looks at first sight?

question

I'm going to put more stock into what the family said. :yes: Jasmine (and all leads) often say what they need to say for the show and some of it can even be post filming VO's. Besides "type" can take on many facets...whether it be looks...occupations...traveller....steady employment and location....etc etc etc....

All I know is that her family took an instant dislike or mistrust of him based on something in her past.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:23 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
dee wrote:Jasmine goes through a summary of both guys during the process. She said when he first came out of the limo she was thinking he's not her type and would not go out with him. But it wasn't until the second episode when they had that wrestling match, did she take more notice of him. She was intrigued that all the guys called him Captain Canada and how they looked up to him. She goes on to say that from their first date they had a very intense connection and that it has sky rocketed since then. She also compares how other relationships had to catch up to theirs through out the process.

Yes that's what I was trying to remember. Thanks for putting it all in order.

If Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Seth are her type, then Kevin is not her usual type IMHO. It's possible she was referring to looks alone and the mother was referring to first impressions, tough guy, doesn't appear serious or the stable type.

However after knowing more about him, f/f served in the Navy and as Jillian Harris said she thinks Kevin mentioned his previous dating history only as a matter of reassuring the mom that he now knows Jasmine is who he wants to be with long term.

This is the opposite of what we sometimes see when the contestant has never been in love, or has only had one long term relationship and that's a concern to the lead.
IMO this assessment of the situation makes sense, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :yes:  (and yes, thanks for the clear summary of events, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Smiley).

Re. the family/friend on KW ... I highly doubt they "disliked" or "distrusted" him after knowing him for 5 minutes. They may have had natural reservations based on his "stud/hunk" (and therefore many assume "player") aura, but they IMO seemed to warm up to him quite a bit, especially her friend, who one could argue might be able to be a bit more objective since she's not as blinded by an innate sense to protect Jasmine as the sister/mother. IMO it's natural for loved ones to feel like the "nice guy" is a safer bet vs. the "bad boy". Heck, many viewers & Jasmine probably feel the same. But IMO in love, you can't settle just because something seems less risky, especially when it's a surreal situation like Bach/ette ... you need to follow your heart/listen to your gut. 

I guess we'll know J's decision soon enough! Smiley

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:30 pm

Even if he is her type I don't think there is anything wrong with that. After she said in an interview that Nick Viall is who she'd pick of any past Bachelor on a date I never thought she would pick the vanilla personality "nice guy" type. The lady leads almost never seem to and I think that's okay. Women don't owe it to "nice guys" to pick them just for being "nicer" than the other guy. And I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that you should never settle for the the safer bet over what you really want. You only have one life so don't waste it playing it safe just because it may not work out and everyone else is telling you what you should do. Eff that noise. laugh out loud

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 79 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+37
Emilia23_12
notarose
ElonM
lrose
Bobette
makeover
Seabear
Just Looking
Miyala
AllAboutLove
Idlemess