SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 12 of 49 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOLA - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sdmom Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:37 pm

see2love wrote:I am sure Vanessa has many sides to her personality and is a great person outside of the bachelor world, but the "Bachelor Vanessa" is not a favourite of mine. I also wanted to love her as the F1 and because I though her intro video was very touching, but she isnt doing it for me on the show at all.
Ohhh I wont play ouija, oh I dont want to compete for time, oh I was shocked I didnt get the FIR, oh Corrine and lets not forget her facial expressions so far. IMO

I actually applaud her for doing that. By not participating, she would have risked of being called "salty", criticized, or even worse,  sent home. I wouldn't want to play ouija either.  I remember reading posts here "if I were in that GD, I would have walked away? " (shoveling manure comes to mind), so JMO, hats off to Vanessa!
(see, how we look at things differently? that's the beauty of the general discussion thread)

ETA: jinx! @Diana

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

NOLA - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by philphan Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:42 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Not to get off topic, but this will shed some light on part of what goes on, and Sharleen Joynt's recap yesterday is a good example of the discussion we are having here. Sharleen IMO is a well respected Opera singer, established, smart, beautiful and very confident.

If you’ve done any reading on the Bachelor casting process, you know the final round means being flown to L.A., filling out a lot of paperwork including questionnaires and psyche quizzes, getting some medical tests done, speaking with a background check guy, and finally, doing a test ITM followed by a chat with a room full of producers. I will never forget the conversation I had with one producer in that room. For the record, I think very fondly of this producer and we’ve since learned a lot about each other and bonded in many ways, which perhaps further etches this moment in my memory. I was being asked several questions by several producers about myself when I was asked what people usually think of me when they first meet me. I answered that people usually assume that I’m either a ditz (because I’m quite girly and am often judged for being dressed up, and I also have a tendency to fill awkward silences with nervous conversation) or a snob (because I can be shy when I first meet people and I’ve learned it can come off as standoffish). This one producer then asked me, if I had to identify only as one or the other, a ditz or a snob, which I would say I am. I responded, “Neither, because I am neither.” He pressed, “But if you had to identify as one or the other. You have to pick one.” We both remained stubborn until I grew exasperated, insisting that I am neither, but that if I had to pick one, I guess I would say I’m closer to being a snob than a ditz. His response: “So, what things are you snobby about?” Before I even knew what happened, I felt myself becoming defensive for “being a snob,” when my focus should have been on the fact that I’d been completely—and wrongfully—manipulated into that corner.
flare.com Sharleen Joynt

Sharleen sums up why I choose not to truly judge these contestants until I see them after show. Everyone IMO is playing a character in a scripted reality show....the villain, the snob, the sexual one, etc. Producer manipulation coupled with a crazy dating environment makes for a good show but not necessarily an accurate read on each contestant.[/quote]

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:51 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-bachelor-kristina-russia-backstory-165014392.html

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Oh Kristina, how sad. sad A lot of horror stories like that around the world.

Nick vid - At least it wasn't all for nothing. laugh out loud He always IMO can see the positive in any situation.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Kristina is one of my favs even without the backstory. Would love to see her as Bette but that would be a shot in the dark. I'd definitely look forward to her season if she was the lead.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:05 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I am not making excuses for Vanessa because I can't view the volleyball link, but I mentioned much earlier in the season when we first heard her speak, that she definitely speaks like a French Canadian Italian. What I mean by that, IMO they are very straightforward, even to a point of being dramatic in their speech. Also the type of work she is involved in, the way she expresses her words are very direct and clear and I would think she needs to over emphasize. Think Celine Dion.

I can say all that because I live in a French Canadian environment, deal with many French Canadians and my favourite team is French Canadian. IMO They all speak in a very expressive manner and they are masters at facial expressions.

Some would take offense but IMO it's just the culture. Similar to someone with a very heavy Southern drawl. Some IMO like it some don't.

I was coming on here to write this exactly. I have not watched the clip so I cannot speak to it, but based on what I have seen thus far Vanessa pretty much exudes how I would describe a mix of French Canadians/Canadian Italian. Being a French Canadian myself and by living in a predominate Italian community I feel I can partially attest to this. We are emotional, passionate, fiery, blunt, and extremely expressive. I will be in meetings at work and you can tell how I feel about everything based on my facial expressions.

My family when we fight we hash it out - there are tears there is yelling - but at the end we have laid it all out and we move on much quicker. My husbands family is the opposite - they are British - and they push everything under the rug - they never hash it out and never really get over it.

So I understand where Vanessa comes from because I believe I have a similar personality. We are blunt, stubborn, emotional, and extremely expressive - which to some when we are sad it can be whiney, when we are goofy can be seen as obnoxious. IMO
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Volleyball clip for those, like me, who can't view it on the ABC site.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm

notarose wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-bachelor-kristina-russia-backstory-165014392.html

I can see Nick was touched by the story and wanted to comfort her, but that's about it. IMO.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:01 pm

IMO, there's a lot of nitpicking with Vanessa doing things everyone on this show has done before. Vanessa isn't perfect and I'm glad she isn't. She was shocked she didn't get the FIR. I mean who isn't shocked they don't get it on this show. She spoke about Corrine to Nick just like a lot of the girls did that same day. She didn't want to play the ouija game which I don't find a big deal about. Now she's frustrated with the process and not having time with Nick. Again, I don't see the big deal here. JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Interesting clip of Nick and Kristina. To me the saddest part is how matter of fact she tells her story - like it just was. And I'm sure that is the case for her but it's heartbreaking for anyone to have lived through and believed that was normal.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:20 pm

philphan wrote:I have to imagine being in a house of women for several weeks on end would bring out the whiny and jealous part in me as well. And I'm not a whiny, jealous person, laugh out loud.
The girls have nothing to do but talk, work out, sunbathe, do nails and wait for their precious private time with Nick. Even though it may be just for a few minutes, that time is like GOLD for them, imo. So, I'll cut some slack for Vanessa and Dani M. just like I have for contestants in the past.  

This :yes: I don't think of myself as a whiny or jealous person, and I very proactively seek to minimize conflict and drama in my life. Put me in the MF internment camp and I'd probably get myself arrested for my behavior NOLA - Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 3806527698
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:46 pm

@Cila51290 I fully agree with your post!

Maya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 49 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Episode 6 Feb 6 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+65
traveler90
George1218
Cocoasneeze
nikikass
Stacia620