SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 7 of 73 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 40 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sistersnotfriends - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:13 pm

julychild wrote:
atem wrote:
coolangel wrote:I just wish everyone on SM would stop throwing around 'historic' when it comes to announcing Rachel as the 'Ette. IMO It almost makes it look like that is the only reason she is getting the role. There is so much more to her than being black. They are already setting a very bad tone for her season IMO.  no no

Tell that to MF!

I understand, but she will be the first black Bachelorette. "Historic" might be an over-hype word, but she'll forever be known as the first black Bachelorette, and that will follow her everywhere. Whether MF calls it "historic" or not. My real issue will be on if they deliberately make moves to alter the format of the show to reflect her "blackness"...very delicate, but hope you understand what I mean. Thant would be dumb and offensive.

I totally understand what you mean. I think dumb and offensive are words you would see if you looked up the Wiki or even Webster's definition of this show.
With that being said and not that I think it's right, good or anything positive, this show is going to continue to make the lead look bad or weak etc regardless of sex, race, etc.
If the viewer is going to be sensitive to issues etc brought up by the show-well buyer beware, I guess. It's going to happen is my opinion.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

sistersnotfriends - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:17 pm

The media is starting to announce ot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Yeah. It will be interesting to see if viewership goes down now. No point to watch the last episode.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Why take that chance with Nick's viewership? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by jessietrey Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:31 pm

I know that fans are mad about the announcement happening now (especially with her not being eliminated from The Bachelor for two more episodes), but I feel like the producers had to make the announcement now because Rachel was not generating much fan support on social media. They needed to make the announcement so that they had time for her to do press rounds and gain support in Bachelor nation. The finale would have been too late in my opinion.
jessietrey
jessietrey

Female Posts : 329

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:31 pm

TPTB always do planning and storyboarding for the next season while the current season is airing.
I don't understand why do this to Nick's viewership either, except if the pool of men for Rachel are currently substandard and needs padding. Personally, I do not think 3 weeks prior to filming is going to be enough to get quality males. JMOAA.
I mean Nick's season is done to them. (TPTB) imo. Maybe they don't care if the ratings bump down, if they are banking to throw out more Rachel crumbs the rest of the season.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:33 pm

It's bittersweet! The unspoiled will be spoiled now imo.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:41 pm

I think it will end up being more than bittersweet when all is said and done. JMOAA

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:55 pm

jessietrey wrote:I know that fans are mad about the announcement happening now (especially with her not being eliminated from The Bachelor for two more episodes), but I feel like the producers had to make the announcement now because Rachel was not generating much fan support on social media. They needed to make the announcement so that they had time for her to do press rounds and gain support in Bachelor nation. The finale would have been too late in my opinion.

I thought Rachel was getting quite a lot of support online especially after her date...? I am finding the whole social media talk interesting, is it really that important? I am a slight newbie to the whole selection process. I guess I wasnt really paying it that much attention before.

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Yeah. It will be interesting to see if viewership goes down now. No point to watch the last episode.

Why? If RS is correct (and I think he is if Rachel's being announced today), then Rachel was F3. So this doesn't spoil the finale, since there are still two ladies in the running by then. Basically, anyone who watched the season preview knows Rachel made it to Finland, so she's in the F3. The only thing this announcement spoils is that she wasn't F1 (unless you think she turned Nick down). It doesn't tell us who the F2 were or who won. I think keeping up suspense for the finale is their main concern, as evidenced by the lengths they went to to make it seem Caila was chosen last year, while I'm sure they'd already picked JoJo. IMO it was a sham, so people wouldn't know which of the F2 Ben picked. That won't be a problem this year, if Rachel was F3.

The "historic" nonsense aside, I think the early announcement actually shows that they know this will be a sensitive issue to some and they want people to get behind Rachel as soon as possible. Plus it'll give them a chance to make sure there are guys there who are genuinely interested in her, since an Ashley Hebert situation is the last thing they need after finally going with a "diverse" choice. It would look so bad.

All JMOAA.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Do we "know" Rachel is F3? There are strong arguments that she is not and possibly F2.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Do we "know" Rachel is F3? There are strong arguments that she is not and possibly F2.

No, but I think this proves that she is. I don't think they would spoil the finale since it's their main event each season. FD episode? Who cares really. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 73 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 40 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+67
limoncello
dw_a_mom
Luvstruck
sosleepy
Sprite