SELECT CONTENT

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bts - Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by suzq Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm

The following is all Just My Opinion. I don't expect others to agree with me or not. Maybe I am old, but I have never liked "offensive" jokes or derogatory name calling of anyone for that matter-- I just don't find it humorous at all. Sometimes, It is better to be quiet rather than say something that can make you sound like an idiot or a jerk. I absolutely cringed when I heard that comment and I felt like Rachel might have been surprised and uncomfortable by it, too. I personally did not get the feeling from her that she was very happy about it. I was also taught that sometimes people who are part of a particular group of people -- whether it be race,gender,religion,etc. might feel comfortable making a joke about their own affiliated group, but do not appreciate it or feel good when someone outside of it makes one. This can be some very serious and sensitive topics for a lot of people.

Maybe I am too optimistic, but I am hopeful that the topic of race will be treated respectfully with an honest dialogue about it on this coming Bachelorette season rather than be treated in an ignorant and/or disrespectful manner. JMO

suzq

Back to top Go down

bts - Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:03 pm

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:05 pm

suzq wrote:The following is all Just My Opinion.  I don't expect others to agree with me or not. Maybe I am old, but I have never liked "offensive" jokes or derogatory name calling of anyone for that matter-- I just don't find it humorous at all.  Sometimes, It is better to be quiet rather than say something that can make you sound like an idiot or a jerk.  I absolutely cringed when I heard that comment and I felt like Rachel might have been surprised and uncomfortable by it, too.  I personally did not get the feeling from her that  she was very happy about it.  I was also taught that sometimes people who are part of a particular group of people -- whether it be race,gender,religion,etc. might feel comfortable making a joke about their own affiliated group, but do not appreciate it or feel good when someone outside of it makes one.  This can be some very serious and sensitive topics for a lot of people.

Maybe I am too optimistic, but I am hopeful that the topic of race will be treated respectfully with an honest dialogue about it on this coming Bachelorette season rather than be treated in an ignorant and/or disrespectful manner.  JMO

I really want to be optimistic about it...I really do...but I just can't. I've seen what these producers have done to people one too many times. If you give them any little thing, they will blow it up a thousand fold. I fully expect someone to come out of this season branded a racist. Not necessarily true, but blown all out of proportion. I will be shocked if it doesn't happen. Sadly.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Topazgold Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:18 pm

@suzq IMO speaking as a Black woman, I was highly offended and did not find it humorous or cute one bit. 

Other people of colour may find it okay or humorous but "they" do not speak for me just as he does not speak for all Caucasians. 

Hopefully this season does not turn into a non-humorous, stereotypical, diatribe about Rachel's "blackness".   We can all she is but she like myself is more than that. 

Rant, over

Last edited by Topazgold on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Topazgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:33 pm

I didn't care for it.
In my generation the core meaning of that saying was once you have sex with a black man you never want sex with any other man. Maybe it means something different and I guess it could go with either sex now.
So there were two issues that bothered me. It was suggesting both racial and sexual undertones when they were first meeting. affraid
What ever happened to hi my name is Kasha and I am so glad to meet you?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:35 pm

@Topazgold Thank you for that post, it's so perfect, IMO

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:08 pm

He wont be the last one JMHO. I did not like that comment it was not needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 am

I don't know if the comment was offensive per se, but I just think it's pretty weird if the first thing you comment on when meeting someone is their race. How about meeting them as a person first, not some stereotype? I guess we can blame the show for making such a big deal about Rachel being the first black lead, but this guy was still an idiot for following suit. It just sounded like he wants to date Rachel because she's black, like it's some fetish. Not a good look IMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am

@mindless
I like your post!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Guys is it true that dean got cut !?!
Is he really off the show

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:57 pm

If true he did not do anything for me

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:57 pm

where'd you see that?

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dean Unglert - Bachelorette 13 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+83
FashionLover
Billysmom
bluejay25
Mommyof2
North