SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22

Page 39 of 80 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 59 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nickviall - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 39 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22

Post by northernviewer Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:47 am

Skates wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:laugh out loud @ Km's vs Miles. Wait till they get into pounds and grams, or litres and gallons.

I'm an in between. I learned Imperial in school. I'm ok with Temps and Km's but it's pounds not kilo's or grams.

Oh and baking is a nightmare, I'm still old school with that too. laugh out loud

It always makes for fun conversations when I go to Florida. I can't quickly convert miles to km's. We are a confusing mess. laugh out loud

I'll never get used to Fahrenheit in weather, no problem with oven temperature though since most recipes are shown using Fahrenheits...pounds and kilograms are widely used in Canada...miles and kms are adjustable...I just can't measure the weather without using Centigrade...I'll be at a loss when people tell me the temperature in Fahrenheit..I'll definitely need a table with the conversion factors on hand everywhere I go... Lol!!...
I was in grade school when we started switching over to metric, so i can do both. i think most Canadians have a general understanding of both metric and Imperial systems, so Vanessa probably has no problem in US. On the other hand, Im sure Nick is. A lot more confused when Van talks about litres, meters and celsius Hugesmile

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

nickviall - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 39 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22

Post by Catdwoman50 Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:24 am

northernviewer wrote:
Skates wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:laugh out loud @ Km's vs Miles. Wait till they get into pounds and grams, or litres and gallons.

I'm an in between. I learned Imperial in school. I'm ok with Temps and Km's but it's pounds not kilo's or grams.

Oh and baking is a nightmare, I'm still old school with that too. laugh out loud

It always makes for fun conversations when I go to Florida. I can't quickly convert miles to km's. We are a confusing mess. laugh out loud

I'll never get used to Fahrenheit in weather, no problem with oven temperature though since most recipes are shown using Fahrenheits...pounds and kilograms are widely used in Canada...miles and kms are adjustable...I just can't measure the weather without using Centigrade...I'll be at a loss when people tell me the temperature in Fahrenheit..I'll definitely need a table with the conversion factors on hand everywhere I go... Lol!!...
I was in grade school when we started switching over to metric, so i can do both.   i think most Canadians have a general understanding of both metric and Imperial systems, so Vanessa probably has no problem in US.   On the other hand, Im sure Nick is. A lot more confused when Van talks about litres, meters and celsius Hugesmile

Speaking of measurements.  I studied abroad with an Architecture degree (international metric system) imagine learning all the standards of measures in meters then trying to practice and take exams in the US using the old English system.  I can empathize with Vanessa having to translate all that measurements into the English metric system.  In my head I still have to calculate sometimes, even the money conversions.  I'm sure V bugs Nick about that - I can relate very much. Yes GA, temperature conversion was the hardest to get used to (that fraction in the conversion always stumped me).

I can hear N/V their conversations in my head.

Vanessa: "In Montreal, this costs ...." "Woohoo it will be 22 degrees today!"
Nick: [Rolls eyes]

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:43 am

crunchycheeto wrote:LOL at the kilometres vs. miles "debate" giggling The more they learn about each other, the more these differences between Americans and Canadians will come out. Like, they probably grew up on different cartoons and cereals and that stuff is bound to come up in conversation.

I'm with Vanessa though. The metric system just makes more sense. The only time i'll use the hashtag-team combo... #TeamMetric

Born in the UK, moved to the US before the Metric system took hold in the UK. All my family (brothers) are still there, and can't stand I don't use Metric LOL. So I can empathize with Nick. They also don't get that Fahrenheit is still used in the US as opposed to Celsius.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
nickviall - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22 - Page 39 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:57 am

In Canada aren't a lot of food products (supermarket) labelled in both metric and Imperial or does that differ between the provinces?

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:03 am

@notarose Yes I'm pretty sure that's correct since it was a Federal mess. (and don't forget labelled in English and French Smiley )

When they converted, it was a disaster, then they simply use both.

My son is Vanessa's age, he doesn't have a clue about F temps' or anything to do with Imperial. When we cross the border for gas, he pulls out his cell phone to covert gallons to litres. laugh out loud

C x 2 plus 30 gives you a rough idea = F

F /2 plus 30 = C

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ukglasgowkiiss Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:49 am

2ndcampbell wrote:
cookielover12 wrote:There were so many hurtful questions and comments under Vanessa's IG post about her brothers height

I think Vanessa replied to one the comments by saying "Whats your point?" but the person who she replied to deleted their comment

She had replied on a few and most of the original comments had been deleted. It was probably for the best that we didn't see those nasty comments but it looked like Vanessa was talking to herself.
I think Vanessa might hv blocked them so the comment wd also dissapear. I think there were more than one nasty troll on that thread- I didnt see the original comments but got the idea.
If it was my brother they were insulting I wd certainly block them too. Not worth seeing that kind of stuff daily- it doesnt take long to block a person.
Imo.

#TeamLove rose bud  peace  

'[b]For the open window for a bare forehead              
I said it to you for your thoughts for your words
Every caress every trust survives
.'   (Paul Elouard)1
ukglasgowkiiss
ukglasgowkiiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Most things USA are also labeled metric/imperial. I see grams/ounces or liters/quarts etc.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:20 pm

So I have adamantly avoided bringing negative stuff to the fan thread because well it's a fan thread and I have no interest in reading it. Because of that I won't link to the article but I'm sorry I just have to laugh at this latest US Weekly article claiming how Vanessa is struggling being out of the spotlight (what spotlight? And isn't she in it more now that she and Nick are publicly a couple). This part especially cracked me up.

Another gripe: "Vanessa's not used to the attention being mostly on Nick," notes the source. "It's taking a toll."

Um, hasn't the attention always been on Nick as the lead? There's never been attention on Vanessa because until the season ended, she was one of many competing for him. And again, if anything, she has more attention now that the season has ended and everyone knows he picked her and they're publicly a couple.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:24 pm

lleyki wrote:So I have adamantly avoided bringing negative stuff to the fan thread because well it's a fan thread and I have no interest in reading it. Because of that I won't link to the article but I'm sorry I just have to laugh at this latest US Weekly article claiming how Vanessa is struggling being out of the spotlight (what spotlight? And isn't she in it more now that she and Nick are publicly a couple). This part especially cracked me up.

Another gripe: "Vanessa's not used to the attention being mostly on Nick," notes the source. "It's taking a toll."

Um, hasn't the attention always been on Nick as the lead? There's never been attention on Vanessa because until the season ended, she was one of many competing for him. And again, if anything, she has more attention now that the season has ended and everyone knows he picked her and they're publicly a couple.

That article to me is laughable. It basically implied that she's not thrilled with the DWTS thing. More than any other F1, she's embracing the whole DWTS experience. Nick himself said she has an open invite to rehearsals and stops by whenever she can/wants to. She helps him with his steps. He said her & Peta were fast friends. She's definitely not jealous IMO. That article is so off base in regards to what we're seeing from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Nick was dropping hints about a quick trip to Montreal in the near future. Any clues that they may be headed there this week?

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:49 pm

Noticed this CBC Montreal reporter tweeted Vanessa. He is a sports/weather guy according to his bio but also a philanthropist. Wonder if his interest might be in her new charity and if so it would be great to get more info about it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/fcavallarocbc

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:56 pm

@notarose Vanessa said on her Montreal radio show interview she was going in May. I wonder if they'll take a quick trip. It would be nice for them / him to be back in Montreal.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 80 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 59 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - FAN Forum - Discussion #22

+64
aviej
mistygracie74
lleyki
Cila51290
whit90