SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #3

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stylist - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #3 - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #3

Post by mercieme Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:18 pm

@emusha re Eric, I honestly don't see TPTB doing back to back seasons with POCs but I will be happy if they prove me wrong.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

stylist - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #3 - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Bee wrote:@emusha I agree with Peter, he's the only one I see it being out of this group. I may even apply ; )

I'm curious about Eric, I don't really have any opinion on him either way so should be interesting.

I also think Rachel's facial reaction to Bryan's comment was distaste which is why I was so surprised he was still there but I guess maybe they spoke about it and moved on.

I can't wait to see all the pieces start fitting together

Yep, I thought so too at the time.  I was pretty surprised by how into him she looked on the HTD.  Hopefully that moment was out of character under the adrenalin rush of being on Ellen. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:32 pm

@mercieme I always think Andi picked with her head in that she saw her and Josh being this power couple and obviously the reality of him wasn't what she thought. In that way I feel like if Rachel was picking in a more calculated way of an idealised future she would still have Jack and Josiah types in the mix especially Jack. Two Dallas lawyers attending functions together etc, I think that's really appealing to some people.

Instead it seems to me she has disregarded traditional career and age stereotypes. The guys are all different on those fronts at least. I wonder if there will be a common thread that links them all together in the end and if so what that will be.

Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Carine wrote:
@emusha your post the part about peoples motivations reminds me that I read an article have no idea if true but it mentions Lucas and Blake and how they were both on another reality show together, a source mentions how Rachel was disappointed with some of the guys in her season and how she could tell some were just there for fame. Maybe that's why she was so direct with letting some go..

Very interesting - I can see that happening for sure e.g. her letting Demario go was a big surprise in comparison to the chemistry between them during the AFTR intro imo. I can def see Rachel letting guys go abruptly and immediately as soon as she figures out their motivations...that's where her lawyer spidey senses would come in handy Hugesmile

echoing @mercieme in her asking @bee which guys you would expect to be in F4 if Rachel was deciding with her head throughout. From the extremely limited info, I find Bryan to be the main guy who she might have picked mainly with her heart compared to the rest of her F4 imho.

@mercieme yea, good point - I was wondering if the "shocker" MF was referring to could be 2 POC as leads back to back... knowing how this show works with cast-offs becoming leads this is an opportune time for the show if they really want to cast another POC anytime soon. but like you i'm not very convinced they would go that route. imo

@relaxing Yes, I also considered that Bryan looked very nervous - he was bright red in the face and very fidgety and hyper on Ellen - so I can imagine his responses being as awkward esp the "sloppy seconds" comment he said to Will. I also always find the show confusing to watch esp when the contestants have very strong competitive streaks with the other guys... is this about winning or is this about being with the girl in the end? we shall get to see Bryan more fully - it sounds like from what Millsy was saying he was a "villain" and potentially the cause of that could be him being hyper competitive and assertive (as he appeared to be from his comment on Ellen) IMO
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:35 pm

How often do these people go with the "head" over the "heart" choice? That usually only happens when the person they really want ends up bolting.

JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:44 pm

@Bee thanks for clarifying, IA and I guess Millsy was right when she said she didn't want the lawyer types on her season. I think poster @julychild posted that Josiah and Jack were too mellow in personality to what Rachel wants which is that fun, goofy type personality and that might be the thread that is common to the F4. I can tell that both Eric and fit that script from the AFTR and also Peter at the Spelling Bee in that vid when he was trying to charm the little girl that were the judges. I have not idea if Bryan is fun and goofy but based on the Ellen show I would imagine he has an outgoing personality. 

What i am more curious about is who she has that emotional depth with in terms of someone who really gets her on top of the usual chemistry that folks want to see between these couples. I have to say i don't believe that physical chemistry alone can carry the relationship long term. IMO it's the emotional depth some end up finding post show but I think a few Bettes discovered that during the show with their F1's; IMO, Trista and Des fit the bill.  I don't know what Rachel will be like but looking forward to finding out.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:49 pm

@bee ah interesting! very interesting because I see Rachel as someone who doesn't have those idealized "significant other" image with someone who's professionally and physically her "equal".

Consistently, Rachel has said things that made it very clear that she doesn't buy into that "picture perfect" coupling IMHO - she said she's not particularly looking for a black guy, she's said outright that she doesn't want any attorney's on her show, she wants someone who's not threatened by her - someone that loves what they do and knows what they want, she also wants someone very sincere, has a great sense of humor, can have some great fun as I and as I mentioned above, she's swooned over musicians. also - she'd gone on a trip to PR with a DJ friend of hers (a guy). Lastly, she wants a guy who can talk about sports with her.

IMHO the "checklist" that's in Rachel's head pretty strongly fits the F4 she has picked. This checklist is very different from the societal norm but I really do see all 4 of the guys having most of the attributes above. Thus I do think her F4 was picked with her head and also I assume with her heart/attractiveness.

... IMO Rachel sees herself as "lawyer by day" and "fun and goofy Big Rach by night" - it's in her intro package for Nick's show and it's in her IG profile intro, her girlfriends on the show describe this duality in her and it's obvious she enjoys the company of 23-25 year olds and the fun times.

I agree with @coolangel's assessment that Rachel seems to have played it safe so far and being very career focused (as she confessed to Nick during her NO date she wasn't used to taking risks) but then seeing someone close to her die made her wake up and want to take big risks and to enjoy her life per her 1:1 with Nick. I think she wants someone who can enjoy life with her in that way. And someone that can join her in that vacuum cleaner dance, that'd let her put her hair down and be the fun - goofy and exciting Rachel. IMHO. I think this might be another way Nick and Rachel connected cos he's also seeking that same relief from the monotony of a career.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:05 pm

@emusha I agree with what you're saying. I think I've just worded it badly because I actually agree. I made the Andi comparison in order to say I thought Rachel was opposite of that and didn't care about that stuff. As you've shown as well she has mentioned several times that she doesn't care about that stuff.

I guess to me though that attitude and lack of care of status and career says a person is choosing with their heart and not head. Even Peter who seems more laid back and quite is still there and tells me that any checklist goes out of the window when you have a connection with someone. I think that fits in with the assessment from you and @coolangel about her finding that balance and building more of a life outside work.

Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:12 pm

@Bee ah gotcha! cool cool...I think it's how we're describing the "choosing with her head" part that's getting us a bit mixed up hehe Hugesmile

I was using that language to describe someone who picks a guy not based on the strongest feelings of lust/physical attractiveness but based on compatibility to her personality (mental/emotional compatibility) and compatibility when it comes to sharing the same vision with her regarding the life she wants to lead/values she wants to adhere to.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:16 pm

mercieme wrote:@Bee thanks for clarifying, IA and I guess Millsy was right when she said she didn't want the lawyer types on her season. I think poster @julychild posted that Josiah and Jack were too mellow in personality to what Rachel wants which is that fun, goofy type personality and that might be the thread that is common to the F4. I can tell that both Eric and fit that script from the AFTR and also Peter at the Spelling Bee in that vid when he was trying to charm the little girl that were the judges. I have not idea if Bryan is fun and goofy but based on the Ellen show I would imagine he has an outgoing personality. 

What i am more curious about is who she has that emotional depth with in terms of someone who really gets her on top of the usual chemistry that folks want to see between these couples. I have to say i don't believe that physical chemistry alone can carry the relationship long term. IMO it's the emotional depth some end up finding post show but I think a few Bettes discovered that during the show with their F1's; IMO, Trista and Des fit the bill.  I don't know what Rachel will be like but looking forward to finding out.

This makes me more and more curious about Peters personality. He also seems really mellow making me wonder if he is actually "goofy" and it isn't coming across yet or whether he is like Jack and Josiah but he gets a pass because there is a connection.

Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:24 pm

@emusha laugh out loud, yes wording.

I truly hope she does pick as you have described, I think it will serve her well.

Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:42 pm

IMO the adrenaline rush of being on Ellen brought out Bryan's character, IMO, rather than it being out of character.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #3

+48
bleuberry
Seabear
kimberlyg
Ash2214
AllAboutLove
SunnyRachel
jess
lleyki
bluwavz
adriana
Beagle