SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - FAN FORUM SPOILED F1 -*Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Page 40 of 81 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wishfulthinking - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - FAN FORUM SPOILED F1 -*Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion  - Page 40 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - FAN FORUM SPOILED F1 -*Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Post by Carine Mon May 22, 2017 12:49 pm

From another interview, yep cannot please everyone..

Are you nervous to relive your journey as it all plays out on TV? And what about criticism you may receive as the season airs?  

Rachel Lindsay: I'm very nervous to re-watch it. I don't think -- I could be on TV every day and I don't think I would ever get used to watching myself and seeing how it all plays out. And then again, I wasn't living in the house with the men, so to see a different side of them, yes, I'm excited. I'm a little anxious about how it's going to play out, yes.

Am I worried about what people think? Not really. I mean, for me to agree to do this, I had to get over that. I'm sure there will be things here and there that will affect me, but I have to get used to that, that I cannot please everyone and everyone will have an opinion and it won't always be favorable.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelorette-star-rachel-lindsay-interview-huge-fear-of-mine-was-pick-guy-pushing-his-own-agenda-22046.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Carine

Back to top Go down

wishfulthinking - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - FAN FORUM SPOILED F1 -*Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion  - Page 40 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - FAN FORUM SPOILED F1 -*Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Post by ReneeM Mon May 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Seems like she's approaching this the right way. As long as she goes through the entire season with that mentality, she'll be good. Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Mon May 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Another good one this one is Rachel talking about her F1.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bachelorette-rachel-engaged-race-wasn-t-a-factor-fiance-1005880?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Mon May 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Oh how sweet. She said she found her forever with him. heartbeat
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Mon May 22, 2017 1:15 pm

It was a really good interview and gave a bit of info on their relationship. Posting the full interview..

Bachelorette' Rachel Lindsay: Race Wasn’t a Factor in Choosing My Fiance

Rachel Lindsay has gifted her final rose and is ready to say, "I do."

Ahead of the 13th season of The Bachelorette, the ABC reality star revealed that her journey on the reality dating series will end with a proposal. "I'm very much so in love and very much so engaged," she shared.

On Monday's premiere, Bachelor Nation will meet the most diverse group of suitors to ever compete for a Bachelor or Bachelorette's heart in the franchise's 15-year history. After Lindsay, 32, became the series' first black lead in 33 combined seasons of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, it has been revealed that nearly half of her 31 suitors are nonwhite contestants.

With the barrier-breaking season, however, comes external pressure for Lindsay to pick a winner based on his race. Here, the Texas lawyer opens up to The Hollywood Reporter about how she handled those expectations and the role race plays in her pursuit of love this season.

Congrats on your engagement! Bachelors and Bachelorettes do not typically reveal the engagement this far in advance — are you already bucking show rules?

I couldn't wait to tell the world! I’m going to be a whole other level of giddy when I can tell the world who it is.

The only details about your winner that you shared was that he "checks every box." What are some of those qualities?

Confident, direct, self-aware, a sense of humor, great smile, knows what he wants as far as the same things that I want — a marriage and a family. Also that he likes sports — that’s a big deal for me. He doesn’t need to play them, but needs to like them. And someone with good integrity.

You spoke about the hard road ahead now that you two will need to date in secrecy until your finale-night debut. Are you changing any show rules to make sure your relationship survives?

I wish I could break all the rules during this time, honestly. But I know that’s not possible, so it’s just important to keep an open line of communication. I don’t want to shy away of any questions that my fiance has for me about the journey or about myself in general. I’m an open book and I feel that as long as I continue to do that, he’s a strong enough person to be able to handle it. The same goes for me. I’m throwing those questions out at him and it’s reflective of how we want our relationship to be moving forward and forever — just keeping it real and continuing to communicate with each other even when it’s hard.

What are your talks like right now?

We’re on cloud nine about being engaged, so we’re just talking about how great it is to be engaged and what comes next. We are two happy little birds.

This is usually a tough time for Bachelor and Bachelorette couples — something Nick Viall and his winner Vanessa Grimaldi were open about during the last After the Final Rose. What are some of your fears about this in-between period?

I have fears. It will be hard and I’m fearful of that. I try to think of every possible angle of how things are going to happen. The odds are against us. We can’t be public about our relationship. We have to watch the show air, and he has to watch me have relationships with other men. That’s why I say communication is so important, because I want him to be able to talk to me about how he’s feeling.  And America’s watching, so everybody in America will have an opinion about me, about him, about other guys, and that’s hard to watch, especially when you’ve never done it before.

Now a week since wrapping production, how many times have you two seen each other? What are your secret dates like so far?

We just finished filming, so I just got back and we haven’t even started all of that yet or seen each other since the proposal.

Ahead of filming, you said you felt pressure from the African-American community to pick a black man. How did you grapple with that during the season and are you ready to face Bachelor Nation, and specifically the African-American community, if your final pick is a white contestant?

I remember having that conversation and talking about the pressures that I feel from America, or black America. It was something I wanted to get over before I entered my own season. I was just like, “You know what? This is for me.” I’m not choosing a man for anyone else. I have to be selfish. I have to do what’s best for me. I’m the one who has to love and spend the rest of my life with this person, if I’m lucky to find that one. I couldn’t get caught up in picking a certain man to please a certain community. Race didn’t play in as a factor when it came to choosing men along the way. In my final decision, I just went with my heart and the person I found my forever with.

On your Bachelor hometown date — way back when — your sister spoke with your now-ex Nick about the current climate and how he should be prepared that not everyone is accepting of interracial couples. How did those talks go with your contestants this season and how did you navigate those issues personally as you pursued interracial relationships?

If someone wanted to talk about race in the beginning, then we would talk about it. It was not important for me to bring that up until I was going to walk into someone’s home or they were going to walk into mine, and then I just needed to know his thought process and realize that not everybody might be as accepting of our relationship as we are. I just needed to know if they were strong enough to handle that and how they thought about it or if they thought about it.

Would you like to see ABC cast a black Bachelor next?

I haven’t really thought about what the next Bachelor’s going to look like or who that may be. I think it’d be great — I had great men, so whoever it is, if it’s someone from my season, they would be fantastic. There are options for black, options for white, Latin, everything.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bachelorette-rachel-engaged-race-wasn-t-a-factor-fiance-1005880?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Mon May 22, 2017 1:17 pm

She mentions that he is direct and I can't wait to see what that plays out like and just their entire dynamic.

Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Mon May 22, 2017 1:36 pm

So happy for the two of them. Really hope it works out for them long-term. Communication is very important and it's good that Rachel and her F1 have that, especially as they navigate through this crazy process.

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by TLTF Mon May 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Oh yes!! Communication is key!! Especially in this time when they will be watching the show separately and he'll be seeking her other relationship! But if he is as confident as she says he is, they ll just fine!! Can't wait for her to finally says who he is laugh out loud she just can't wait Smiley

#TeamPeter wishfulthinking - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - FAN FORUM SPOILED F1 -*Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion  - Page 40 1f495
#TeamRachel wishfulthinking - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - FAN FORUM SPOILED F1 -*Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion  - Page 40 1f495
TLTF
TLTF

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Mon May 22, 2017 2:18 pm

All the best to these two lovebirds, hopefully, they are each other forever love. beatingheart
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by TLTF Mon May 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Another like from Peter to Rachel on Instagram. Well not directly but he liked Elan last pictures with Rachel Smiley

#TeamPeter wishfulthinking - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - FAN FORUM SPOILED F1 -*Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion  - Page 40 1f495
#TeamRachel wishfulthinking - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - FAN FORUM SPOILED F1 -*Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion  - Page 40 1f495
TLTF
TLTF

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon May 22, 2017 2:30 pm

TLTF wrote:Another like from Peter to Rachel on Instagram. Well not directly but he liked Elan last pictures with Rachel Smiley

He just can't help himself! He can't come out and completely gush like Rachel's been doing but he's been doing it in a different way. They're in love guys :sprinklehearts

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Mon May 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Not my choice for her but it seems like she happy and that all that truly matters.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 81 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - FAN FORUM SPOILED F1 -*Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

+64
officeRules
Just Looking
True Believer 96
IrelandRose
Sprite
LoveDovez
Topazgold
TrishB
mysthelma
Kure24
Norcalgal