SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 12:28 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:He sounds just like her squad IMHO.
Okay but the mental image of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar casually being a member of the #GirlSquad is f'ing hilarious to me  california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 50 3806527698

Back to top Go down

california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 12:30 pm

It didn't sound like Kareem was dragging Nick just to make Rachel look good. It sounded like he was dragging Nick because he didn't like the way he came across as the lead. I caught his hilarious, messy boots comment earlier in the article about all of Nick's decisions being tearful.

I am glad WhaFool and the guy obsessed with his genitals will be gone tonight, but am annoyed that Lee looks to be staying on. His pot-stirring in the previews was obnoxious and there was something about his comments and whom they were aimed at that I did not like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 12:35 pm

So Kareem thinks Rachel is too good for Nick, as I am sure there are many who think Rachel isnt good enough for Nick. Brings to mind th saying about one man's trash is another's treasure. Kareem just voiced his opinin and as many have done and will continue to do. Good for hm for thinking that about Rachel and good for Nick for deciding that Vanessa is better than Rachel. Imo

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon May 29, 2017 12:37 pm

MissSid wrote:It didn't sound like Kareem was dragging Nick just to make Rachel look good. It sounded like he was dragging Nick because he didn't like the way he came across as the lead. I caught his hilarious, messy boots comment earlier in the article about all of Nick's decisions being tearful.

Yeah, I don't think he was particularly fond of Nick, but he was really gassing Rachel throughout the entire article though.

Rachel distinguished herself as intelligent, athletic, playful, witty and emotionally mature
For me, Rachel immediately displayed a clear-eyed view of what was going on and handled herself with dignity while treating the others with compassion
What impressed me about Rachel was how playful yet direct she was with her comments. She didn’t hold back on calling out the showboats or the slackers. She wasn’t looking for the best players, she was looking for the best men.
Most seemed very humble and sincere in their romantic intentions toward Rachel. But for those that weren’t, I felt fully confident Rachel would quickly see through them and send them to the locker room of love.
Source

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon May 29, 2017 12:41 pm

I don't mind the first part of his comment, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it. However, I'm pretty sure the reason Nick didn't pick Rachel is because he was more into Vanessa, not because of some inferiority complex. laugh out loud
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 12:42 pm

@mindless so true, because if that was the case he wouldn't have picked Vanessa either laugh out loud.

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Mon May 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Like how would you know where they are filming unless some smarmy producer told you?

From the clip, it seems she supposedly found out when he appeared on the AFR because DeMario was one of the guys who met Rachel early. While I can see a producer being behind this, the story is not that inconceivable.

good for Nick for deciding that Vanessa is better than Rachel. Imo
Except Nick has never said Vanessa is better than Rachel. In fact Nick has never said anything but the most generous, kind and complimentary things about Rachel. Nick's picking Vanessa does not automatically equate to thinking Vanessa is better than Rachel. Love and relationships is not about one person being better than another but about two people being right for each other. My guess is Nick picked the woman he felt was right for him and not as an indictment against the other women.

And that I think is exactly the issue some have with this constant wording of "she was too good for him". It's this need that many seem to have in equating picking one woman or man over another as automatically one being better than the other. Of course silly me, I've always believed that different people can come into your life and even if they're not your happily ever after, it doesn't automatically mean that there was something wrong with that person. It just means they weren't right for you or you right for them.

Frankly, I don't even care about Kareem Abddul Jabar's comment regarding Nick and Rachel because it's not like it's anything people haven't been saying since last season. I'm more disappointed in his doing the show at all. I read his article and as eloquently written as it was, I still call bullcrap on it. I read Kareem's previous article criticizing the show and its entire premise and you know what, as much as I watch the show myself, I saw his point and felt he had very valid criticisms. And the fact is, all of these criticisms regarding the show and its inherent sexism, problematic issues are still there, no matter how awesome Rachel is. Because this is still just another manipulated, edited season of this show as all the others.

So no matter what he says, I came away feeling like the only reason he is suddenly okay with being on the show and done a slight 180, is because the lead is black. So suddenly all the problematic issues of this show doesn't exist because the producers deigned to finally cast a professional and beautiful black woman as the lead? Whatever, Kareem.

Last edited by lleyki on Mon May 29, 2017 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon May 29, 2017 12:49 pm

ReneeM wrote:Kareem Abdul Jabbar is out here saying Rachel was too good for Nick. THE Kareem Abdul Jabbar is really out here hyping her like 'girl, you too good for him anyways'. If I were Rachel, no one could ever talk crazy to me again in my life.
I was relieved she wasn’t chosen by Nick because, let’s face it, she was too good for him. She was smarter, wittier, funnier and more mature than he was, which I suspect he realized and is the reason he didn’t select her.
Source

2 sides to every coin I guess.
Just like being in a cast pool waiting for the right one or being a default right one. Hugesmile
@sdmom
Well, I hope Kareem approves her f1 then.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 12:51 pm

ReneeM wrote:
MissSid wrote:It didn't sound like Kareem was dragging Nick just to make Rachel look good. It sounded like he was dragging Nick because he didn't like the way he came across as the lead. I caught his hilarious, messy boots comment earlier in the article about all of Nick's decisions being tearful.

Yeah, I don't think he was particularly fond of Nick, but he was really gassing Rachel throughout the entire article though.

Rachel distinguished herself as intelligent, athletic, playful, witty and emotionally mature
For me, Rachel immediately displayed a clear-eyed view of what was going on and handled herself with dignity while treating the others with compassion
What impressed me about Rachel was how playful yet direct she was with her comments. She didn’t hold back on calling out the showboats or the slackers. She wasn’t looking for the best players, she was looking for the best men.[/quote]
Most seemed very humble and sincere in their romantic intentions toward Rachel. But for those that weren’t, I felt fully confident Rachel would quickly see through them and send them to the locker room of love.
Source

Cool interview IMO.  I personally agree with all his compliments and assessments of Rachel in general so awesome that he said it about this specific activity. It must be pretty great for Rachel as a basketball fan to have had this experience.   I love the bolded parts the best.  JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon May 29, 2017 12:58 pm

relaxing wrote: Cool interview IMO.  I personally agree with all his compliments and assessments of Rachel in general so awesome that he said it about this specific activity. It must be pretty great for Rachel as a basketball fan to have had this experience.   I love the bolded parts the best.  JMO

Yeah this is my point. For her as a basketball fan, to have an all time great, a legend, speak so highly of her? & he's not just speaking in platitudes, he talks very specifically about her and the things he observed that impressed him. That's so cool IMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 12:59 pm

**edited**! I think we treat these people as if they are not human. Too much trying to be politically correct! Raise your hand if you've never heard someone say "someone was too good for someone else"!!!! ALL IMO

Last edited by Admin on Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Do not tell members what to do or how to act)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 1:00 pm

The SM world also thought Vanessa was too good for Nick last season so What gives? Kareem voiced an opinion and good for Him. I dont necessarily agree or disagree, but I appreciate that whilst a lot of people may agree with him, a lot of people will also disagree with that sentiment. rachel didnt end up with Nick and he seems very happy with his choice so it really shouldnt matter what another columinst has to say. Imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6

+53
Tiggerlgh
Nillay
SeekAny
Dessler
ElonM
dee
moviechicka
Cila51290
IrelandRose
nikikass
lettore