SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6

Page 69 of 79 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6

Post by Kashathediva Wed May 31, 2017 8:11 pm

**********For those members who are asking mods to correct posts regarding sourcing: Often times this is not possible for various reasons. I will refrain from going into them.
If you want to post photos or whatever that need sources it is imperative that the sourcing is done correctly.
Mods have gone over this issue repetitively and we seriously do not understand the issue nor understand why it is OUR issue to correct your issues when you do not do it correctly.
Please learn to do this. Please learn to do so when you post.  And most importantly please refrain from expecting us to clean up for you when you fail to do so. Thank you.
And as always, failure to do so will get your post deleted.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6

Post by sdmom Wed May 31, 2017 8:41 pm

@Kashathediva I have a question regarding sourcing:
If it's from Snapchat or IG story, is it ok just to say it's from so and so's IG story/Snapchat? Because when I use IG app on my iPad or my phone, I don't know how to cite the source. 'Thanks!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed May 31, 2017 8:43 pm

@sdmom I do not know how to utilize those apps. So I would ask one of the more tech savvy mods--for help. They can assist. Calling out to any tech savvy mods @Ladybug82 @bluwavz @GuardianAngel and any others!! california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 69 1710264613
And we are all here to help any member as much as we can! I hope you all know this.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed May 31, 2017 8:47 pm

If it's posted on Instagram story for example you can link to their Instagram profile. But you need to have the app on a phone or tablet to view the story. The Instagram stories aren't viewable from a computer. I know that if I post a screenshot of someone's IG story, I always make sure you can view their Instagram name on the story and then give their Instagram handle as a source. I've never had issues beyond for additional sourcing.

The same is probably true for Snapchat as those arent viewable through a computer.

Last edited by umngirl on Wed May 31, 2017 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 69 87b72b10 california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 69 86669110 california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 69 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed May 31, 2017 8:50 pm

@sdmom @Kashathediva Yeah when I post IG stories and Snapchat pics I always just say what account they came from.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed May 31, 2017 8:53 pm

@bluwavz @Kashathediva Ok, thanks! So next time when I post a pic from Rachel's IG story/Snapchat, I can just say: from Rachel's IG story/SC, right? That's easier for this not very high tech poster!
Thanks @umngirl too!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed May 31, 2017 9:00 pm

@sdmom Yeah I think that's fine. I usually post the account name the contestants go by on their SM for the folks who don't follow them so they can look it up and view. Like for Rachel on IG I'd say therachlindsay in my post. Smiley
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 31, 2017 9:02 pm

Petalfan wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Please post the link to the IG story, and not her IG. TY
You can't ? So that's what I posted her profile link.

While you're viewing the story, you right click, copy video address and post it here. Posting an IG link to a sleuth of IG pictures doesn't help me confirm the source.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71516

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 31, 2017 9:09 pm

I can easily do it on a laptop.

https://scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.9793-16/17094741_2003836223182394_5902837205755232256_n.mp4
Does this not work?

To get a link to a post in the app, tap (iOS) or(Android) above the post and then tap Copy Share URL. The link will be saved to your clipboard.
https://help.instagram.com/372819389498306

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Wed May 31, 2017 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed May 31, 2017 9:11 pm

^That only seems to work for posts of videos they post to their account and not the Instagram stories.

california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 69 87b72b10 california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 69 86669110 california - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6 - Page 69 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 31, 2017 9:17 pm

It is acceptable to post the username and that it's from a snapchat or IG story. The post had an IG link, and didn't specify that it was a story. If it doesn't specify where it came from I'm looking through IG accounts looking for the picture, not there, then I look through twitter, it's not there. Then I post in frustration, to post the link. Not b*tching just explaining the process that we need to go through.

In order to check accounts to ensure they aren't private I can't follow everyone.

For those that use their phones, can you view this link? for those that have Google Chrome hover, you should be able to view this just by hovering over the link.

https://scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.9793-16/17094741_2003836223182394_5902837205755232256_n.mp4

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Wed May 31, 2017 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 31, 2017 9:20 pm

@GuardianAngel is that 1 person meal and who is that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 79 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #6

+53
Tiggerlgh
Nillay
SeekAny
Dessler
ElonM
dee
moviechicka
Cila51290
IrelandRose
nikikass
lettore