SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #12

Page 67 of 79 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teameric - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #12 - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #12

Post by Carine Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:14 am

sfrank wrote:Guys that "entertainment lawyer" is clearly a friend. No professional acquaintance or new introduction would IMO refer to Bryan and "my boy". The comments also suggest they are in the same circle of friends. Much ado about nothing.

I think it is interesting that he visited the entertainment lawyer friend and a talent agency the same day, but I guess could just be a simple visit.

Carine

Back to top Go down

teameric - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #12 - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #12

Post by likeashipblown Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:15 am

sfrank wrote:

By comments it sounds like he's a friend, no? Bryan has also been following that IG account for a long time. It's one his first follows.
You know, I was thinking this, too, but I don't think the two things are mutually exclusive, so, it's hard for me to tell how to read it. I do think they're friends, yes. But he also went to the law firm to see him.... for something. But, you're right, you make a good point about why assumptions can't and shouldn't be made.

@ilovepeter Miami is an entertainment/sports industry hub. IF you were seeing a lawyer that specializes in entertainment contracts for instance-- you're in perfectly good hands. All of those entertainment hubs (regional or otherwise) have major reps/lawyers in all of them that are well-versed in representing your best interests.  My brother specializes in corporate, real estate, and entertainment, and is licensed in FL, GA, TX, NY, NJ, CT. He does more entertainment law contracts out of Florida (Miami), Texas (Dallas/Ft. Worth), and Georgia (Atlanta)-- (regional entertainment industry hubs when compared to LA/NYC) than he does in the tri-state area that is home to the NYC market for instance.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:18 am

If there was any doubt on how TPTB control the SM narrative then I present exhibit A:

Spelling Bee group date:
Eric - can't spell facade. TPTB choose to tweet a gif of Eric not being able to spell and SM fans start mocking Eric
Peter - can't spell coitus. TPTB choose to overlook this and don't even acknowledge it (while they mock Eric for the same thing Peter did)

That says it all to me and why TPTB drive the machine... a machine that props up one guy while mocking another despite the fact that they both did the exact same thing - spell a word incorrectly. And all because of the same BS reason they had Lee on the show, IMO. 

It's why I am disgusted with TPTB. I see what they are doing and have done and it is appalling especially for Eric IMO, the first black man to EVER get to F3 and yet not one word from TPTB on this historical moment! It makes me infuriated. 

no
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:25 am

How about failing to emphasize the top three at the spelling bee?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:29 am

Yep. @AllAboutLove bestbud!  teameric - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #12 - Page 67 1f621 no no no
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeanBaby Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:32 am

@AllAboutLove -- just want to clarify, I don't at all disagree with you that they control that engine. (I'm actually 99% sure they do, as when we try to do work with networks and ask for access to social handles, the answer is usually a firm no because PR/editorial is the sole controller of what gets posted there.)

On your second point re: Eric's historical significance within the franchise, I almost wonder if they're ignoring that because of what the response MAY be? It's a strange "damned if you do, damned if you don't" given 1) a segment of the audience who didn't want or agree with the appointing of a black Bachelorette in the first place 2) people finding it insignificant because it happened in a season where the lead was the same race 3) if you continue to point out "achievements" in the race department within the same season when you cast a legitimate racist, people shoot you a mean side eye and a rapid "FOH"

Not saying this to in any way defend what they're doing, have done, will continue to do as a majority of this show and TPTB are reprehensible but, there are a lot of layers to that tomfoolery cake. JMO.

ETA: @stuckinsc THAT legitimately pissed me off laugh out loud -- you have an African American Fulbright scholar spelling words like antidisestablishmentarianism (wasn't one of his words, but still) and you don't show that but we get a full 5 minutes of Josiah kissing a statue and looking hubristic? WE SEE YOU, TPTB.

Last edited by BlueJeanBaby on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
BlueJeanBaby
BlueJeanBaby

Female Posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:34 am

@Seabear bestbud!  hold me back before I'm back on the soapbox at TPTB! :angryemotion 

Honestly I have to force myself not to think about it too much because it just sickens me no
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:44 am

stuckinsc wrote:How about failing to emphasize the top three at the spelling bee?

@stuckinsc  teameric - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #12 - Page 67 4256136633  This annoyed me to no end. Just another example of TPTB and their motivations. no no  

For what it's worth the obvious manipulation of who got which word...annoying. I wanted Will to win! Smiley  Sorry Josiah. giggling

@AllAboutLove bestbud! teameric - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #12 - Page 67 1377737533

Last edited by Seabear on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:45 am

Oh, wow. I'm just getting caught up on the other convo in the thread. I have to bite my tongue so hard on these types of convos because integrated marketing campaigns and political campaigns are my main areas of work, thus I'm very cognizant of every little thing that can play in to forming perceptions and just... I see so many things contributing to how this season is playing out and the perceptions/commentary in regards to Rachel and Bryan and some of the other guys and just... I can't even get started. But, whut?! That Spelling Bee mess happened on official Bachelorette accounts? Oh, dear. OH, DEAR.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:47 am

Ladybug82 wrote:🚋 as I sit here waiting on more MTA info. laugh out loud

And I want to know if she lets f3 go before FS, and f2 go before FRC!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 am

Carine wrote:
sfrank wrote:Guys that "entertainment lawyer" is clearly a friend. No professional acquaintance or new introduction would IMO refer to Bryan and "my boy". The comments also suggest they are in the same circle of friends. Much ado about nothing.

I think it is interesting that he visited the entertainment lawyer friend and a talent agency the same day, but I guess could just be a simple visit.

FYI... according to his IG story the lawyer friend was a guest speaker at Magnus media today so perhaps Bryan was there supporting his friend. But as usual when it comes to Bryan 1+1 = 8 for some people. Rolling Eyes

teameric - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #12 - Page 67 66852110

sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:53 am

stuckinsc wrote:BTW, if a lawyer is hired, then doesn't what they tell the lawyer remain confidential?

I think that is a very valid point. If it's about business, I'd think the lawyer would keep it quiet and not post on sm?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 79 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #12

+82
MiracleSeason
SafronSahara
whit90
Kashathediva
gurlbrit
flojo031
MiaHawk
fabgirl
composer53
luvstx
quietpal