SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mentellall - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:09 pm

appiah01 wrote:
FashionLover wrote:I don't think they look bad. Amanda's bell bottoms are questionable but that's the only thing I personally see wrong with her outfit. As for the drinks in their hand, they are at a party so it's not that odd.

@applah01 I'm not a lawyer but I do understand what you mean about rachel in terms of it being iffy balancing her role as bachelorette and Lawyer. However, I always have to stop myself from thinking that just because rachel is the bachelorette and acting in a way that others deem unprofessional doesn't mean she is. There's already such a double standard for females in the professional field (i.e Josiah is a lawyer who is out partying on weekends but back to work on monday like business as usual and his image may not suffer as much as rachel's does). For me what I hope happens out of all this is that Rachel goes back to work, kicks azz while still having fun so she can show that professional women don't have to always be in pant suits to be respected.

Oh, I have no doubt that Rachel is the consummate professional- I just know how hard it is and how judgmental (ironically) the field of law is. As a black female attorney it is truly even more challenging and I have had my professionalism called into question for silly reasons like speaking about pop culture and being informal so I know that it doesn't take much. In any case, I hope it all proves to be worth it for her in the end.

I don't think we need to worry about Rachel. Her path is not the norm in the legal field. She is not struggling, never has and is not likely to ever have to. Her path is being driven by her interests - not case by case, IMO. She's working her program. My money is on her especially now that she has Bryan by her side. The most successful attorneys I know are rarely if ever in the courtroom. Their law degrees and admittance to the bar were just rights of passage and credibility. They do things far more lucrative than trying cases. 
Now the part about Judge Lindsay being less than thrilled, that I would agree with but, Rachel knows how to manage him (he met with Nick, the F1, F2 and F3 didn't he?)and Mama Abasolo will chill when she sees how happy her son is and gets her Golden Grandma card. 
Today's way forward is not always clear to the current or prior generations because it's not how we would have done it but, these are not those times and there are many new ways so, we just have to watch and learn. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

mentellall - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Post by hb591 Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:40 pm

Anyone know where I can find a clip of Rachel's interview with Extra tv at the MTA? I think she was saying something about her being a soccer mom and something about her fiance saying "Rachel..." during disapproving scenes on the show.

hb591

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:50 pm

@hb591
This is where she said her fiancé disapproved some things
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xaT1fnA9Oq0&feature=youtu.be

This is where she said she wants to be a soccer mom
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXGbFr0hrK4/?taken-by=extratv

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by hb591 Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:52 pm

@sdmom Thank you!

hb591

Back to top Go down

Post by SelmaHB Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:41 am

SelmaHB
SelmaHB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:04 am

I don't think Rachel's social life diminishes her professional capabilities in anyway shape or form. If it did she wouldn't put on SM and that would suck IMO. Society should stop putting women in boxes. Josiah wins 4 million dollars cases in the day and parties like no tomorrow at night, puts it on SM and I don't see anyone deeming him as being unprofessional. JMO
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:34 am

Dessler wrote:I don't think Rachel's social life diminishes her professional capabilities in anyway shape or form. If it did she wouldn't put on SM and that would suck IMO. Society should stop putting women in boxes. Josiah wins 4 million dollars cases in the day and parties like no tomorrow at night, puts it on SM and I don't see anyone deeming him as being unprofessional. JMO

I definitely get where @appia01 is coming from and I think we are all clear that the double standard still persists in the legal profession and in varying degrees, every other profession. However, Rachel is making her own box and that's one of the things women can do and have done and the list includes Oprah and Ellen and Serena and Whoopie and tons of great women in politics and theatre and sports and business and journalism and television and everywhere. They create their place, a new place and I believe Rachel can do that so, we don't need to be fearful or critical because we know amazing women are doing new, phenomenal, unexpected, groundbreaking things that include birthing babies and turning out amazing meals every single day. 

It's good to be a girl! JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:01 pm

mentellall - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 14 DF_PvamUQAAkGaf
The Bachelorette‏@BacheloretteABC
<3 from Dean! #MenTellAll #TheBachelorette
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Maddy wrote:mentellall - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 14 20394223_315863325541839_8712047693410598912_n
themorningbreath
Kenny brought his daughter to #MenTellAll

She's a cutie. Looks like his mini-me.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:20 pm

does lee only own that one teal shirt or? I feel like that was all I ever saw him wearing on the show
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:25 am

mentellall - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 14 BFi3tjim?format=jpg&name=600x314
TheScooponess‏ @TheScooponess
#TheBachelorette Men Tell All: Kenny King's daughter, McKenzie steals the show
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:56 am

Don't know if this ET clip of Men tell all has been shared. Anthony is quite eloquent and articulate. Pity we didn't get to see much of him on the show. What a gem.

@RosecstES Big Ant™ dropping knowledge on Men Tell All... #TheBachelorette 

https://twitter.com/rosecastes/status/891407700776636416

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  mentellall - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 14 1f49b  mentellall - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 -  *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 14 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - MTA - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

+84
CHO
Rolly
luvnunity
nuts2uiam
Shadow
Bet2Win
sfrank
Nillay
Mommyof2
nikikass
richmondrose