SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 74 of 75 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

neillane - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 74 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by pavalygurl Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:59 pm

stuckinsc wrote:@pavalygurl Catherine came on Sean's season for Sean. Chris Sigfried came on Des's season for Des. Whitney came for Chris Soules. Shawn Booth came for Kaitlyn. So sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I personally find Rachel very smart, so I am willing to trust her instincts. Though honestly, if they aren't forever, her joy through and now has been enough for me. JMO.

I know and agree. But I respectfully disagree, They weren't in love early in the first episode. They let things play out to see if it was real. Rachel kept wondering if it is too good to be true.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

neillane - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 74 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:02 pm

@pavalygurl each of those four people came on the show specifically for the lead. I actually think both Whitney and Shawn were as all in on night one as Bryan. But we can agree to disagree. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:07 pm

I can't blame Bryan being extremely smitten with Rachel from what he saw during Nick's season. Then he met her in person, talked with her, and kissed her, and boom. He was in strong like. One or two more dates, more talking and kissing, and he's falling for her. It happens very often outside of back world too, falling for someone really fast.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:10 pm

stuckinsc wrote:@pavalygurl each of those four people came on the show specifically for the lead. I actually think both Whitney and Shawn were as all in on night one as Bryan. But we can agree to disagree. JMO.

I tuned out CS's season but yeah I totally remember Shawn and Kaitlyn being obsessed with each other the first night. Shawn told Kaitlyn right out of the limo that he came on specifically for her and they were both talking about it being love at first sight in their ITM's.  neillane - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 74 1f602

Last edited by bluwavz on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Peter's parents met and were married in a month. At least that was the story Rachel told her family on his MTP, so it is funny she has a similar love story with Bryan, but Peter who has seen that work and last moves at a snails pace. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:12 pm

pavalygurl wrote:This is what gives me the most pause about him.  I can see being a fan of an athlete, tv/movie star, even politician.  But we don't really know them.  Bryan "knew" Rachel from her stint on Nick's season. TBTP have let us see that  Rachel is lovely, smart, kind, funny, a real catch.  But IMO, coming on night one like you are in love and ready to commit is almost like an arranged marriage.  Or Fleiss' favorite fantasy, a version of Married at First Sight, but without any real matchmakers, only producers wanting drama.  I had a bad "vibe" for lack of a better term about him. Maybe "douchebag"!  I am disappointed we saw so little of their courtship on air.  They refer to conversations which might flesh this out and let me "know" him and all the cast a bit better.  I like what I see of Rachel.  I want her to be happy.  I hope that is what happens.

But isn't that the show? IMO A lot of contestants who come in for a specific lead are like that - case in point. Shawn in Kaitlyn's season or Whitney during Chris's season. I don't know if Bryan came only for Rachel but if he liked the person he saw on Nick's season and was all in, that doesn't make him insincere IMO.. kinda delusional and in a bubble, sure (JMO). I see comments on SM from women who want to sign up for Peter's season and are already planning having his babies. laugh out loud laugh out loud Some of them might make the cut and be there night 1 already in love with Peter. IMO that's the reason the show has recycled leads and doesn't go for random people like earlier seasons.

I agree that TPTB have shown little of Rachel/Bryan's courtship. But IMO that is also the norm on this show now. Last season, Vanessa was practically gone for 4 episodes and once she reappeared around HTD, the only thing we saw till the end were the 'Will she move?' conversations. Since I have accepted long back that we are never really going to get to see the lead/F1's real love story, I don't find anything different this season. TPTB can yell from the rooftops that this is a 'season of firsts', but there were many like me who knew since day 1 that it is going to be no different than all the other seasons where the lead/F1 is thrown under the bus and their relationship is watered down to prop the next potential lead.

ETA: @stuckinsc And @bluwavz, Jinx for the same examples. Saw your posts after posting! ITA! :yes:

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:21 pm

I really like Rachel and trust that she felt Bryan's sincerity and Peter's love even if it wasn't always shown on screen. Given how agonizing it appears that cutting Peter is going to be, to the point of almost sabotaging her relationship with Bryan, I don't think she was all in on Bryan from the get go. I think Peter's downfall started in Switzerland when he didn't tell her he was falling in love with her. She even said in her blog that up until that point, Peter was on equal footing with her other relationships despite not being expressive with words.

It's all water under the bridge now. I feel for her that her love story hasn't really been shown. They even cut her saying that she was falling in love with Bryan. They haven't shown much beyond the physical side with her and Bryan, to the casual viewer. And now the finale is going to be all about Peter.  I hope for her sake that they show Bryan in a good light in the very last episode. It sounds like he is going to be her rock while she grieves and second-guesses cutting Peter. That is wonderful. I wish we had seen more of this Bryan.  In any case, while I don't care for Bryan, I am happy for Rachel that she's so happy with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:33 pm

@Ilovepeter I don't think it was all Bryan from night one. I think Peter and Bryan stood out equally in different ways to her on night one. Just one responded in giving her what she needs. Rachel loves the affection and touching, it makes her giddy. I think as the show went on she realized that Bryan enjoyed giving her what she needs.

I honestly can't see Rachel and Peter lasting, it just wasn't in him to be that person for her. To me that means he wasn't into her, but it could just be Peter is reserved. Either way, he was not comfortable giving love in the way Rachel wants it. Neither of them should have to live in a way that is not comfortable. I do think if they had been meant to be, we would have seen them learning to compromise in a way to make them both happy. To me that stand off on the FSD showed me that they were not meant to be, not only was their no compromise, but there was no comforting even. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:38 pm

coolangel wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:This is what gives me the most pause about him.  I can see being a fan of an athlete, tv/movie star, even politician.  But we don't really know them.  Bryan "knew" Rachel from her stint on Nick's season. TBTP have let us see that  Rachel is lovely, smart, kind, funny, a real catch.  But IMO, coming on night one like you are in love and ready to commit is almost like an arranged marriage.  Or Fleiss' favorite fantasy, a version of Married at First Sight, but without any real matchmakers, only producers wanting drama.  I had a bad "vibe" for lack of a better term about him. Maybe "douchebag"!  I am disappointed we saw so little of their courtship on air.  They refer to conversations which might flesh this out and let me "know" him and all the cast a bit better.  I like what I see of Rachel.  I want her to be happy.  I hope that is what happens.

But isn't that the show? IMO A lot of contestants who come in for a specific lead are like that - case in point. Shawn in Kaitlyn's season or Whitney during Chris's season. I don't know if Bryan came only for Rachel but if he liked the person he saw on Nick's season and was all in, that doesn't make him insincere IMO.. kinda delusional and in a bubble, sure (JMO). I see comments on SM from women who want to sign up for Peter's season and are already planning having his babies. laugh out loud laugh out loud Some of them might make the cut and be there night 1 already in love with Peter. IMO that's the reason the show has recycled leads and doesn't go for random people like earlier seasons.

I agree that TPTB have shown little of Rachel/Bryan's courtship. But IMO that is also the norm on this show now. Last season, Vanessa was practically gone for 4 episodes and once she reappeared around HTD, the only thing we saw till the end were the 'Will she move?' conversations. Since I have accepted long back that we are never really going to get to see the lead/F1's real love story, I don't find anything different this season. TPTB can yell from the rooftops that this is a 'season of firsts', but there were many like me who knew since day 1 that it is going to be no different than all the other seasons where the lead/F1 is thrown under the bus and their relationship is watered down to prop the next potential lead.

ETA: @stuckinsc And @bluwavz, Jinx for the same examples. Saw your posts after posting! ITA!  :yes:

All JMO

Not necessarily. That can happen in the real world. People have gotten married from crossing path (saw someone across a room), something drew them to that person and they wanted to know them and pursue a relationship.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:48 pm

pbmax wrote:
coolangel wrote:But isn't that the show? IMO A lot of contestants who come in for a specific lead are like that - case in point. Shawn in Kaitlyn's season or Whitney during Chris's season. I don't know if Bryan came only for Rachel but if he liked the person he saw on Nick's season and was all in, that doesn't make him insincere IMO.. kinda delusional and in a bubble, sure (JMO). I see comments on SM from women who want to sign up for Peter's season and are already planning having his babies. laugh out loud laugh out loud Some of them might make the cut and be there night 1 already in love with Peter. IMO that's the reason the show has recycled leads and doesn't go for random people like earlier seasons.

--snipped for brevity--
All JMO

Not necessarily.  That can happen in the real world.  People have gotten married from crossing path (saw someone across a room), something drew them to that person and they wanted to know them and pursue a relationship.

I agree about it in the real world. On this show, I don't coz you don't know the other person IMO - you just know the person TPTB chose to show during the earlier season which may/may not be real. IMO You are basically in love with the lead's edit if you are all in night 1. IMO It either works like in Kaitlyn and Shawn's case or blows up the minute RL starts like in Whitney and Chris's case.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:49 pm

@stuckinsc IA that Rachel chose the best man for herself. Bryan does show her the affection she needs. I think that Peter provides a balance and an easy friendship. He shows his love through gifts and attention (as she pointed out in her blog). It seems to me it was a hard decision at the time, but she's very sure now. That's wonderful.

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:53 pm

If Peter had really wanted Rachel and shown it, Bryan was still going to be the F1, because she couldn't fight those feelings that had taken control of her.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 75 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 9 - July 24 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+83
Amethyst
summerdayze
pavalygurl
sparkler
Duke702