SELECT CONTENT

Olympics - Discussion

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Olympics - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Olympics - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:46 pm

I just love seeing the joy and happiness of the Olympic athletes especially when their family and friends are there for them.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:20 pm

I was bummed to wake up to the score (my dh stayed up so I'm sure he's tired at work today) but happy for Team USA. Olympics - Discussion - Page 11 1627380978

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:44 pm

What a hard fought game...I kept trying to talk myself in to turning off the tv and going to sleep, but just couldn't.  So happy I didn't!!  

cheerleader  Olympics - Discussion - Page 11 1627380978 cheerleader
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:16 pm

I stayed up too. It was 2:30am by the time I got into bed. laugh out loud

@XQZME I couldn't shut it off either. I didn't plan on watching it all, but how could I not! It was so exciting from start to finish.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31 pm

@GuardianAngel  ... yes it was!  The dogs and I were curled up in bed watching Lindsay Vonn.  When she goofed her slalom run, I went to sleep.  Woke up to a thunderstorm right at the start of OT and was riveted Smiley

I've only watched men's hockey all these years with the Blue Jackets and the Buckeyes here in Columbus. I have to say, I prefer women's hockey over the men after last night.  The women actually PLAY hockey and skate their behinds off.  The men, it just feels like a cage match on ice!
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:50 pm

@XQZME We have an NHL thread in case you weren't aware. I apologize I don't recall if you've posted in there. Smiley

NHL Thread

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:43 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:What a career! What a love story, maybe.  beatingheart The way he looks at her, the way he was touching her, omg, it was so freakin sweet. They are so passionate it can't be just for the routine can it?? It was happy and sad watching them. I remember them from way back when. It's amazing they've skated for 20 yrs and have had a remarkable career. What a way to finish it off, (if in fact they retire)

I need to find that montage. That was so beautiful. The person I follow on twitter, who I've posted here before, does incredible montages for Hockey. He's done a few for the Olympics. I tweeted him last night asking if that was his work. If he uploads it, I will post it here, I want to watch it again.

I am so glad I found this thread - I have been bored to death of Arie's season.
I have been following Tessa and Scott for 12+ years and it was amazing to see them end the way they did. Their dedication, passion, work ethic, and Canadianess. After taking those 2 years off - I think they both really realized how much they missed each other and the sport. I truly think they did this one for each other.

I am not sure if they are or aren't dating, up until this Olympics I have thought they weren't, but I have sensed a little bit of a shift in these last two years, I suspect that some days they are business partners, some days best friends and some days lovers. They are in such a unique situation that I don't think we or anyone would really be able to comprehend. I don't think they know themselves. But regardless I don't think they want this Olympics to be about "are they or aren't they". They want to make it about their country and their sport.

Regardless if they are or aren't, I still think it is one of the greatest love stories because whether they are in love or not they have been dedicated to one another for the last 20 years, dedicated to the sport, to their partnership and to each other.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:45 pm

@sbolduc Great post. I like not knowing for sure. laugh out loud Every look he gives her, every PDA she gives him, keeps me guessing.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:02 am

GuardianAngel wrote:@sbolduc Great post. I like not knowing for sure. laugh out loud Every look he gives her, every PDA she gives him, keeps me guessing.

Not to mention the fact that he sang "Come What May" to her as they were doing their last ice dance including the line "I will love you to the end of time" laugh out loud my hubby noticed and made me rewind
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:11 am

@sbolduc it was all over the news! laugh out loud Everyone watches their every move so closely. It's so cute.

This is adorable! These ladies pushed Canada into 2nd place! I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Good luck to everyone, only a few days remaining. So proud of all the athletes!!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:21 am

I love watching the skating! All of the skatings.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:18 am

Did anyone catch the mini documentary on Tessa and Scott that the CBC showed about the making of Roxanne? All about what goes into the planning/developing/training for a routine. It was really interesting. I had no idea. If you get an opportunity to watch it, I would highly recommend it. I think they said that it was up on their website.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Olympics - Discussion

+13
alwaystulips