SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Page 22 of 81 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Post by Norcalgal Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:04 am

@Seabear I disagree with you. I truly hope Rachel takes the high road and lets it go. I believe she acknowledged the racism last week. I hope she and her fiancé model Jojo and Jordan and move beyond the Bachelor franchise. They have enough going for them that they don't need it. And who does it serve to go off on the racism or even Peter, if he is F2? It only feeds SM cray, which Rachel certainly doesn't need as she is not using SM to make a living. Living well is the best revenge.

I am not glued to SM and am glad as I feel it brings out verbiage that most would not directly say to someone they don't know. We need to build people up, not tear them down. Positive words beget positive actions. And by moving on and living happily, I believe Rachel would serve notice that choosing sides is far less important than living a good life.
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5305

Back to top Go down

The - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Post by Aria Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:08 am

TheWrongReasons wrote:
Seabear wrote:@TheWrongReasons I took the DLo interview with AshI the same way you did. I think DLo's choice of descriptor for Bryan was rude/unsupportive toward Rachel/Bryan and I don't think Rachel will be happy with DLo if she watches that interview. The giggling and talking about the old show did not help either. There are a zillion positive descriptors she could have chosen instead. Very lame. IMO.

snipped
Aria wrote:
coolangel wrote:IMO The squad are fair-weather friends. IMO Rachel's time in the spotlight is about to come to an end and Dean/Peter's time is just beginning. So IMO it's no surprise that DLo uses all positive association words for Peter and Dean and low key shades Bryan.

I personally think only Astrid and Whitney are really loyal to Rachel as friends. I expect the rest of the squad to latch on to Peter/Dean eventually to get more visibility in the media and continue their 15 mins.

All JMO

Alexis and Jasmine have surprisingly been really loyal too from what I've seen. They've both even thrown shade at Peter, with Jasmine's IG story basically saying "what other motivations does he have if he's not on the Bachelorette to get married" and Alexis straight up saying she's annoyed with him being wishy-washy and unfair to Rachel and wants him to go home. Pretty strong words as Peter's time in the spotlight is just beginning and the Bachelors usually tend to last much longer there than the Bachelorettes, since the show will often given them DWTS and/or other shows. I've never gotten the sense Danielle L and Rachel were good friends anyways - she wasn't even part of the original squad and it seemed like they all just accepted her as Jasmine was let in. I hope Rachel becomes more selective with continuing some of these friendships. I've had friends/family members whose SOs I didn't like, but I don't publicly sh*t-talk them. IMO.
@Seabear and @Aria - I like DLo, but I agree with you guys re. the quoted/bolded. I try to criticize/call out those I like if they do/say something I don't like laugh out loud

With this particular comment, I didn't like it and she wasn't talking about my fiance. Rach probably won't care too much but I can't imagine she would be happy with it if she happens to get wind of it.

I agree that Alexis and Jasmine have been more loyal - generally I personally don't think the squad are "fair-weather friends" as @coolangel opined, but I do think DLo is noticeably closer with other girls in the group such as Raven, Alexis and of course, Jasmine, so she just kind of became absorbed and friends with Rachel and the others as well. Still no excuse to not be supportive though considering they all know how hard it is for all the couples/contestants with SM.

I do kind of feel that her "player" comment was more so due to groupthink and some sort of influence/loyalty to Dean and by extension Peter vs. a desire to become more popular through them but that's JMO.  

Generally: IMO not a great comment by DLo, I didn't like it, hopefully she realizes it was kind of rude and is more supportive in the future as Brachel can always use more support.

I agree with that completely. Danielle L doesn't come off as calculated and fame-hungry to me, just someone who is being influenced by her "boyfriend" (hook-up buddy? What are they, haha? ), who I'm sure has been telling her how amazing Peter is and how terrible Bryan was.

And, I love that you criticize your faves when they make mistakes! I really enjoy your posts here (we have SO many smart, perceptive, and insightful posters here!) and that's a big reason why. I try to do that too.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:20 am

"The Bachelorette" season finale: Who will Rachel Lindsay pick?
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:23 am

stuckinsc wrote:Des and Chris have made it and have a beautiful son. If a couple can survive that they can survive anything. Perhaps a brutal AFTR is the icing on the cake to leave TPTB in the rear view mirror? JMO.

People are still saying Brooks was her true F1. I think I read it here the other day. hehehe Sometimes ya just can't let it go.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by rosecake Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:26 am

That Newsday article is really good. He got it spot on.

rosecake

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:28 am

Isn't Dean DLo's "boy toy". The same Dean who acts like Bryan pissed in his cereal instead of borrowing him clothes because his bro Peter doesn't like him? We see where her loyalty belongs. Rolling Eyes

I personally hope Bryan and Rachel take the high road. Let your love tell the story and prove these naysayers wrong.

JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:32 am

Ladybug82 wrote:"The Bachelorette" season finale: Who will Rachel Lindsay pick?

What’s “real” at this point can be a question, Strandburg says. “You don’t know if you can trust your own feelings, because they’re very, very powerful. The feelings unquestionably are real — at this stage no one’s faking it. But there’s fear since you’re still rational and you know this isn’t the real world.”

He’s leaning toward Abasolo. Kraus, he says “has been very honest to her about recovering from a previous relationship, and I think he’s doing his best.”

But he adds: “I think he’s worried about his feelings — is this infatuation or something more real? In terms of how she looks at him. I think it’s a lust thing — she’s very attracted to him. But she doesn’t change her demeanor in the way that she does when she’s with Bryan.”

With Bryan, the series alumnus says, “She becomes a person who seems totally at ease, totally smitten. I know she’s a little on guard around him, because I think she’s afraid he’s going to break her heart, like he’s too good to be true.

“People seem a little unsure about this guy,” he says, “that maybe he’s a bit of a player. I was having a conversation with some friends about this and, I said, ‘He’s a chiropractor, not a DJ. He’s a professional, he has a normal lifestyle.’ I feel what they have is very natural. I think she’s going to choose him.”
Dr. Cupcake Chris nailed it, IMO.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:40 am

IDK. I keep going back and forth if I want Rachel to take the high road at ATFR or put Peter on the spot for atleast some of his questionable behavior. At the bare minimum, I want the famous Big Rach side-eye. laugh out loud laugh out loud Atleast give me that, Rachel! cheeky cheeky

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:41 am

Like I said at the beginning of the season, Rachel is no different than any other lead. TPTB will use the lead to their advantage for ratings. So whether this is a historic season, or a lead that was truly heartbroken in the last season, there is very little mercy IMHO. Every lead has obstacles that they inject into the storyboard.

If Peter is the next bachelor it won't be any different whether he's white, handsome, strong, ugly whatever.  He'll have his turn and I think they'll have a hay day with him. IMHO.

Just because it was a historic season, they did Rachel no favours this season IMHO, further proof for me it doesn't matter who the lead is. Rachel was well liked, it will be interesting to see how Peter's SM fans will feel about her choosing Bryan.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:54 am

makeover wrote:
Ladybug82 wrote:"The Bachelorette" season finale: Who will Rachel Lindsay pick?

What’s “real” at this point can be a question, Strandburg says. “You don’t know if you can trust your own feelings, because they’re very, very powerful. The feelings unquestionably are real — at this stage no one’s faking it. But there’s fear since you’re still rational and you know this isn’t the real world.”

He’s leaning toward Abasolo. Kraus, he says “has been very honest to her about recovering from a previous relationship, and I think he’s doing his best.”

But he adds: “I think he’s worried about his feelings — is this infatuation or something more real? In terms of how she looks at him. I think it’s a lust thing — she’s very attracted to him. But she doesn’t change her demeanor in the way that she does when she’s with Bryan.”

With Bryan, the series alumnus says, “She becomes a person who seems totally at ease, totally smitten. I know she’s a little on guard around him, because I think she’s afraid he’s going to break her heart, like he’s too good to be true.

“People seem a little unsure about this guy,” he says, “that maybe he’s a bit of a player. I was having a conversation with some friends about this and, I said, ‘He’s a chiropractor, not a DJ. He’s a professional, he has a normal lifestyle.’ I feel what they have is very natural. I think she’s going to choose him.”
Dr. Cupcake Chris nailed it, IMO.

He said the same thing when he was on Kaitlyn's podcast! I love when contestants go against groupthink and what the edit is telling them and think for themselves. It's why I really like Sharleen's blogs too (even when I don't agree!).

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:08 am

@Aria ITA. But I think for most people who don't have any preference over P or B can tell objectively that it's most probably gonna be Bryan. Natalie & Kit from Access Hollywood, Jared, Caila, Olivia, even Ashley I, they all predict Rachel is gonna choose Bryan. Not default to Bryan but choose him, even with the current edit.

@coolangel Lol, same. I haven't decided what I want Rachel to do on AFTR. Taking the high road is never wrong but I can't lie, I enjoy it too when Big Rach comes out to play. Dilemma! laugh out loud

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by composer53 Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:25 am

I think we should flood the #the bachelorette with comments of "We want to see more of Rachel and her F1 than a therapy show for Peter"!
composer53
composer53

Female Posts : 424

http://www.artisticadvocatesforhealing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 81 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

+88
Longhornfan
everly
George1218
summerdayze
pbmax
quietpal
umngirl
julychild
Rolly
mercieme
BlackHalo