SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Page 63 of 81 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 72 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sorrynotsorry - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Acrunch wrote:
sfrank wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:IDK how many followers they've gained but overall, when looking at the lead and F4 their SM numbers still seem really low to me. Especially for a F1, Bryan's numbers are extremely low compared to recent F1s.

From monday night post show, Bryan went from 184k to 300k. Peter from 351k to 450k.
Bryan has gain more net followers but Peter has the volume for sure!

At 5:07pm EST on finale date, Peter had 302K followers.  I have a screenshot of it on my phone. ;-)  

Oh I'm sure - my count was post-show! yes
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

sorrynotsorry - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:16 pm

I think Rachel is doing DWTS - Matt working on it I'm sure. I think it would a smart PR move at this point too. Turn the narrative around, especially if they pair her with Maks or Derek and she wins! :yes:
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:21 pm

sfrank wrote:I think Rachel is doing DWTS - Matt working on it I'm sure. I think it would a smart PR move at this point too. Turn the narrative around, especially if they pair her with Maks or Derek and she wins! :yes:

I am not sure about Maks, maybe Derek...she will most definitely need a star power to be paired up with because IMO since the AFTR, the court of public opinion based on SM is not on her side.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:26 pm

For me I say, do what jp/ashley, des/chris, and to some extent jojo/jordan did. If their relationship really is the main priority, step away from the spotlight for a minute and work on it. They both have lucrative careers, they're not like former contestants who it made sense to shill. They're not starving for money. After they're solid and strong, gotten to know each other's families and established a life together, then they can come back and shill.
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:26 pm

bleuberry wrote:They're coming out of the gate so strong with the shills. Two #ads today and it's only 9:30 AM laugh out loud.

OMG I just posted this on the general discussions thread! I don't think I have ever seen anything like this before from a couple. He had a website with quite a lot of well thought out merchandise ready to go the practically the minute they were announced. Today they are pimping Lord and Taylor price matching and handing out roses at a store and she is pimping Copper to sell toys for Target on her Instagram. I am kind of shocked. I mean, I expect them all to shill these days, but this just seems excessive and honestly, it feels greedy. Even the unemployed cast members weren't quite this aggressive out of the gate, let alone two professionals making six figure salaries.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:27 pm

mercieme wrote:
sfrank wrote:I think Rachel is doing DWTS - Matt working on it I'm sure. I think it would a smart PR move at this point too. Turn the narrative around, especially if they pair her with Maks or Derek and she wins! :yes:

I am not sure about Maks, maybe Derek...she will most definitely need a star power to be paired up with because IMO since the AFTR, the court of public opinion based on SM is not on her side.

I don't agree - people think Social media represents the world and it's actually a very small percentage. The audience that watched Bachelorette is dwarfed by DWTS. My mom for example does not have IG or Twitter and adores Rachel still. She and all her friends will watch and vote for her! Rachel will likely hit 1mm followed by next week. She'll be fine. IMO
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm petty but I want her to do DWTS just for the meltdown Kaitlyn would have laugh out loud
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:34 pm

IDK. I have long given up that the time is right or not right to shill. That's like saying the time is right or not right to make money. That's all it is. Making money.

It's 2017. This is what it is. People that can shill on SM don't need to "work" the typical job. This may seem unfair or ludicrous but it's what it is. It's how the world works. I don't pretend to live in a world that values Doctors saving lives, who have to pay $300K for med school, and yet most Doctors earn far less than a SM influencer who shills stuff. It may make no sense, it may seem unfair (I certainly think it is), but it's what is is.

I don't watch this show for "real" people who have "real" jobs. They don't go on TV so they can disappear back to their normal lives, not even the so-called "genuine" ones. They all benefit from the show and fame in some way or form. So I don't care if Rach is a lawyer or what she chooses to shill. Same for Peter. Same for any of the past contestants or couples.

Some do it more subtlety where it's not as obvious and through self-branding or other opportunities but it's all about shilling at the end of the day - from Sean/Cat through Rach/Bryan, there are no exceptions. They want fame and $$$ - no matter the varying levels seen, they all benefit from it. It's easy work and easy money and I don't begrudge any of these contestants for doing it. Easy work/money doesn't make any of them better or worse.

It's literally what makes them all the same to me and why when I like a couple or contestant, shilling or not shilling is never part of the variable reason why I like them or don't like them since imo it's a common denominator. I care more about whether they are grateful and appreciative for the opportunities or whether they complain, whine, or act like they're better than thous. Because outside of that, it's just different strokes for different folks.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:35 pm

I am glad Rachel is making money off of people who are leaving her horrendous comments and want her relationship to fail. laugh out loud laugh out loud I do agree that both of them need a better PR though.

I think part of the problem on SM currently with the negativity is that people feel Rachel is a different person than who they thought and IMO that is on them and not Rachel. She has always had that petty, mean girl side to her which I feel people ignored last season coz it suited them. Now they are piling on when she is already frustrated IMO with the post-show experience.

IMO Rachel is a regular person with flaws like all of us and IMO has always been honest about who she is (even when I wished she had taken the high road). IMO SM fans are just taking out their frustration on her coz she isn't living up to their idealistic behavior but that wasn't something Rachel pretended to be in the first place. So IMO she is not in the wrong here.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:36 pm

I think the decision not to divulge any info on where they will live has to do with DWTS. I'm sure TPTB have told her she might get an offer. Not that it's anything they are guaranteeing her but if that's the case they will probably figure things out after that. If there's no DWTS then I'm sure we'll hear about their plans.

@Diana I hate to say it or think it, but this is MF we are talking about. He just might make sure of that for K's benefit alone just because of her behaviour on SM. I wouldn't doubt it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71504

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:44 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I think the decision not to divulge any info on where they will live has to do with DWTS. I'm sure TPTB have told her she might get an offer. Not that it's anything they are guaranteeing her but if that's the case they will probably figure things out after that. If there's no DWTS then I'm sure we'll hear about their plans.

@Diana I hate to say it or think it, but this is MF we are talking about. He just might make sure of that for K's benefit alone just because of her behaviour on SM. I wouldn't doubt it.

Last week, I would have put her chances at 50/50. But at this week I'm bumping it to 98% certain she doing it - it would be smart move for her and her management. She can't end her time in the spotlight with negativity.

The good news is that people have short memories and she'll be able to turn the tide with a good showing.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:48 pm

I think part of the problem on SM currently with the negativity is that people feel Rachel is a different person than who they thought and IMO that is on them and not Rachel. She has always had that petty, mean girl side to her which I feel people ignored last season coz it suited them. Now they are piling on when she is already frustrated IMO with the post-show experience.

This and why I have always said it's amusing when people continue to put these people on pedestals and it's still happening with Peter for some. I like Rachel and Bryan just fine but like you, Rachel showed signs of being this person long before her season ended. It's just that many were in love with her, she was the fan favorite and could do no wrong.

I am amused by all the, "if she's happy and over Peter, why not focus only on that" like her making petty comments must indicate some lingering feelings for Peter. As someone else pointed out, in the ABC News interview, Rachel was still clearly snide and shady towards Vanessa. And how long has that been and what, do people think she still has a thing for Nick?

When everyone was so certain that they never showed any of the Vanessa and Rachel drama because Vanessa was Final 1 and didn't want to show the evil b*tch she supposedly was, I never bought that. To be very clear, I'm not saying whatever happened between those two was one person's fault and taking sides.

I just know that the show has never had issues showing a Final 1 in a negative light and so my suspicion was always that neither woman came out looking great and they were concerned with protecting their lead for their historic season. Rachel is not a bad woman in my opinion. I actually think she and Bryan from what I've seen make a great balance together and they do seem very happy.

But in the words of Maya Angelou, when a person shows you who they are, believe them. Rachel showed that she was petty and could very much be the Regina George/Mean Girl. Like I said, during the season, she was up on twitter going at some people for the most mild comments and back then, when some probably still hoped she did pick Peter, it was funny, it was awesome, she was keeping it 100 and being real.

Now it's suddenly so shocking and disappointing that she's made some petty comments. Like I said, for all her posturing of not caring what people on social media had to say, it's obvious she cares and she cares A LOT. She's clearly irritated in my opinion that social media has deified Peter and is judging her and hates Bryan. And she's making it get to her.

Funny, I would say she should call Nick for advice on how to handle Bachelor Nation/social media hate with a level head but right, she's still shady towards his fiance, so never mind. All that said, all this just happened. Today is Wednesday, the finale was Monday. I do think some are being a bit quick in the complete judgments on her not moving on and holding on to this stuff.

As I said before, she's had to deal with never ending questions about Peter because of the way the finale was edited and all of the reaction from so many is all so fresh. If a week or a month from now, she's still being petty and holding onto things then yeah, people can go in on her needing to let it go. Also, finally, after saying all this, maybe an unpopular opinion but I don't feel like Rachel has been that petty about Peter to be honest.

I've seen all their interviews and I feel like she has for the most part just answered the questions as honestly as possible. Yes, there is an obvious air of frustration from her but I don't know that I would say she's been so petty.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 81 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 72 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

+88
Longhornfan
everly
George1218
summerdayze
pbmax
quietpal
umngirl
julychild
Rolly
mercieme
BlackHalo