SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 58 of 59 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Murakamee Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 am

FashionLover wrote:I mean, Peter was fighting to be F1 and people question his feeling for rachel so no idea
I do feel bad that people are saying rachel was only after a ring but ABC is partially to blame. The jaxapositioning of her seemingly hammering P about a proposal and then her screaming about the ring, in a windy as hell setting where we couldn't even clearly hear was just wrong . ABC was out to make good TV, and no offense to rachel/Bryan, but the Peter/Rachel storyline and final scene was more entertaining (I love drama and angst is you can't tell laugh out loud) that's why like 75% of that finale was about them.

Yeah. ABC did her wrong and in many ways, they did the audience wrong as well. Casting the wrong people and editing the show in a certain way where viewers didn't get to see the romance story unfold as it should. Too much focus on external things, high drama, angst and misery. It created this perfect storm that sadly, Bryan and Rachel are in the eye of. I'm just glad they've been able to push out or ignore the negativity the past couple days and focus on their engagement party and settling in to some semblance of normalcy. Hey, they may have really trashed Rachel's season, but I don't feel too bad, at least she got a great fiance out of it.
Murakamee
Murakamee

Female Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Guest Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:58 am

FashionLover wrote:I mean, Peter was fighting to be F1 and people question his feeling for rachel so no idea
I do feel bad that people are saying rachel was only after a ring but ABC is partially to blame. The jaxapositioning of her seemingly hammering P about a proposal and then her screaming about the ring, in a windy as hell setting where we couldn't even clearly hear was just wrong . ABC was out to make good TV, and no offense to rachel/Bryan, but the Peter/Rachel storyline and final scene was more entertaining (I love drama and angst is you can't tell laugh out loud) that's why like 75% of that finale was about them.

I won't blame 100% of the producers, you know, it's always the casts who gave them material. I actually formed my opinion about her from what I have seen her in episode highlight and interviews, also some of her sm behavior in this whole year.

When I say she is materialistic, doesn't necessarily mean she want money(only). I would say it's the social status, the recognition, the fame. I see a very surface level lawyer who needed all tangible recognition and who needed the world to worship. This particularly shown whenever she mentioned her squad, her emoji and her ecstatic to get the ring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 am

Murakamee wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:This page is exactly why I LOVE this forum! Posters are smart, objective, able to substantiate their positions and fair. Only place on the whole flipping web wihere differing opinions require the corresponding logic. 

P.S. The Lindsay Sisters are looking good.

I agree, and I love your posts, they are so funny!

Thank you, M'am! I've gotten zero work done these past few days but, I am having fun!giggling

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:53 am

peggy0221 wrote:

I won't blame 100% of the producers, you know, it's always the casts who gave them material. I actually formed my opinion about her from what I have seen her in episode highlight and interviews, also some of her sm behavior in this whole year.

When I say she is materialistic, doesn't necessarily mean she want money(only). I would say it's the social status, the recognition, the fame. I see a very surface level lawyer who needed all tangible recognition and who needed the world to worship. This particularly shown whenever she mentioned her squad, her emoji and her ecstatic to get the ring.

Taking the liberty to speak for the fans, we know Rachel is not perfect but, we love her 'as is' and recognize the fact that *non-fans* are entitled to their view and help to fuel fan loyalty and her popularity, as well. So, it's all good.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:46 am

GuardianAngel wrote:She mentioned she likes pear shaped, and Bryan is the one that had the added 80 diamond halo because he had told her on one of their dates she has a halo around her.

So cheesy, Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 58 3806527698 but hey the ring is out of the world IMHO.

Bryan was presented with 7 options and picked one with a halo because he thought it was fitting. He didn't design the ring himself, I don't know where people got that idea from. It's not how this show works.

JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Rachel had plenty of opportunity to have some very pricey shoes, bags, jewelry, and clothing this season. In comparison to other seasons, I think her choices seemed fairly moderate. CMIIW.
Post season and preseason on her own dime, I don't see her trotting out a whole lot of pricey couture lines like some other past cast. Not trying to be judgy on past cast. It's just not what I see with her. She seems fairly moderate.
I don't know if I can call her a "surface level" lawyer, as I can't account for her past history. Her firm seems happy with her. It appears she is trying to work from home or location when not in the office.
Even though shilling is not my style, I applaud their mutual team work ethic out of the gate with their noses to the grind stone. LOL
I'm willing to cut them some slack and allow them to develop a rhythm to their relationship and see where it goes.
BTW--Happy Sunday members. Let's try to find some joy in our day.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:18 pm

peggy0221 wrote:Bryan definitely is the right choice for her, imo.
However, I have never seen any Bachelorette as desperate as Rachel, who herself made it hard for viewers to believe her choice is based on love, imo. "It's pretty, give it to me" is her response to her proposal, that really was very low class I think.

Not sure that was an exact quote, but close, and yes, I was taken aback by that as well.... Of course she would and should be happy and squealing, but I can't picture myself reacting quite that way in a similar position. (And it's all about me, laugh out loud)

Quick question...the engagement party, was it open to the public? Did any prior couples do that? Tia
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Yeah, how is Rachel a surface lawyer when she's been working at her firm for years. Unlike some people, she didn't come on the show fresh out of law school and only a year of practicing, before quickly abandoning it. And yes, unlike some others, I don't see her dropping designer names all the time with what she wears, etc. Yes she got giddy over the ring and said, "it's so pretty, give it to me". I don't think that alone should label her materialistic. JMO

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Billysmom wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:Bryan definitely is the right choice for her, imo.
However, I have never seen any Bachelorette as desperate as Rachel, who herself made it hard for viewers to believe her choice is based on love, imo. "It's pretty, give it to me" is her response to her proposal, that really was very low class I think.

Not sure that was an exact quote, but close, and yes, I was taken aback by that as well.... Of course she would and should be happy and squealing, but I can't picture myself reacting quite that way in a similar position. (And it's all about me, laugh out loud)

Quick question...the engagement party, was it open to the public? Did any prior couples do that? Tia

I believe that their rooftop engagement party was the exclusive one just for friends and family and the after party at the club was open to fans.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm

With regards to Rachel being "a surface level lawyer", I don't think she need us to defend her. Her work ethic speaks for itself. Just a look at her linkedin page is enough. She has been working hard since she was in college.
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Nothing wrong with liking nice things. She works hard and can have them. I don't think that necessarily makes her materialistic.

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 58 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Dessler wrote:With regards to Rachel being "a surface level lawyer", I don't think she need us to defend her. Her work ethic speaks for itself. Just a look at her linkedin page is enough. She has been working hard since she was in college.

Even the fact that she actually finished a trial between the Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons and went back to work a week after the Bachelorette filmed and was bringing work along with her to interviews. I don't remember any other recent lead doing that. Even the leads that I like that went back to their old jobs, like Jojo and Ben, took a long break (Ben took 1.5 years off) before going back. There are other criticisms of Rachel that I don't necessarily agree with, but can understand, but I really don't know where this is coming from. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 59 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+90
Emilia23_12
lleyki
hb591
USAGold
bigbluebird
Mustang19
mindless
MiaHawk
Shadow
richmondrose
twinkle73