SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Page 47 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sponsored - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 47 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:13 am

I don't care what he's doing. A well known entertainment company signed him up. It isn't a Micky Mouse small company, it's a major company IMHO, and that speaks for itself. They obviously have some sort of plan. I have no idea what that is, but I don't think companies sign just anyone, if they don't see revenue potential. SCCMIIW.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71528

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Sponsored - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 47 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by bachfan218 Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 am

IMO I don't see the problem with Bryan using the Dr. title, if the degree that he earned is called "Doctor of Chiropractic". What's the issue? no idea

And IIRC, he referred to himself as a chiropractic physician throughout the season and his job title was "Chiropractor" so IMO he isn't misleading anyone.

As for the recent modeling photo, not sure what he's planning on doing career wise but I mean.. it's a nice picture and he looks great laugh out loud I won't read into it that much.
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:15 am

sdmom wrote:I think natural doc has always been there since we sleuthered him, and I don't find anything wrong with it. He is a bona fide doctor, not a medical,doctor and he never claimed he's a medical doctor. I don't know why this keeps being brought up? You can have a doctor in any field, not just in medicine. Jmo.

And I agree he's pushing 40, not a fan fav, no particular talents, that's why I scratch my head about Bryan's future plans.  Is he so confident that he thinks he can become a gainfully employed model/singer/actor? Is Ravehl really so blond in love that she supports his aspirations? I really have no clue. But since he's not paying my bills (so wisely put by Kasha), I am just sitting in the comfort of my own home and enjoy whatever sm posts they put out there.
All Jmo.

That's just it sdmom I don't think he is - he removed the "dr", got rid of the merch link, and updated email addy. He didn't change anything else. Natural doc still there along with health and fitness. People are acting like he put model/entertainer in his bio. No one knows what he's up to so it's all just ideal speculation at this point. If they signed him then they see potential so we shall see!

That said, if Bryan is on a telenovela in a few months I too will join the chorus of WTFs laugh out loud

Last edited by sfrank on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:16 am

Hawaii Girl wrote:I'm glad he took the 'Dr.' crap out of his Instagram name. You're not a 'physician' or a 'doctor', dude! You went to a chiropractic college, not an accredited med school. I actually wish he'd tried to call himself a doctor in front of Rachel's actual physician uncle at the MTP just to see the reaction. What a loser. IMO.

Except Bryan IS a doctor. According to this website, he's a D.C.
https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/MQASearchServices/HealthCareProviders/Details?LicInd=10644&ProCde=501

Education and Training
Institution Name Degree Title Dates of Attendance Graduation Date
PALMER COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC - IA DC

The chiropractor school he attended is an accredited program that awards doctorates :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmer_College_of_Chiropractic

The Doctor of Chiropractic Degree Program of Palmer College of Chiropractic’s campuses are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE).

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:21 am

@Alanna IDK--I've been consistently doing it for years, as you know and it still keeps me around and lurking. 2pop
I pretty much really don't care across the board what any of these people/cast do. I think I am consistent with that.
Ironically, as time goes by, there are certain couples/cast that I did dislike more that I am now growing more fond. It's like an old pair of shoes or that crazy uncle that kind of grows on you. Kind of a strange experience for me.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

@Kashathediva I like your approach because it helps me less invested but enjoy the show more. And this board! I don't really snark but I find so much fun in sleuthing!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:39 am

The great doctor debate.
I call my dentist doctor. I call my optometrist doctor.
When addressing a teacher, social worker, etc if he/she has a doctorate, they are called doctor.
Some with the title are more focused on being addressed as such and some are less focused on it.
Personal preference. The title was earned.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 am

sdmom wrote:I think natural doc has always been there since we sleuthered him, and I don't find anything wrong with it. He is a bona fide doctor, not a medical,doctor and he never claimed he's a medical doctor. I don't know why this keeps being brought up? You can have a doctor in any field, not just in medicine. Jmo.

And I agree he's pushing 40, not a fan fav, no particular talents, that's why I scratch my head about Bryan's future plans.  Is he so confident that he thinks he can become a gainfully employed model/singer/actor? Is Rachel really so blind in love that she supports his aspirations? I really have no clue. But since he's not paying my bills (so wisely put by Kasha), I am just sitting in the comfort of my own home and enjoy whatever sm posts they put out there.
All Jmo.

He did always have natural doc, but he used to have the link to his practice so it was clear that he was a chiropractic doctor and not a medical doctor. Right now, he has nothing clarifying what he is and someone could easily, for example, try out his tea or ask him health advice assuming they're in the care of a medical doctor. It's just shady and he should make it 100% clear what kind of doctor he is. Especially if he is planning on going into something health related. He also should stop using the phrase "chiropractic physician" as that's not a thing.

There have been other delusional reality TV stars, so I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he has a shot with this modeling or entertainment industry thing! I mean, he TM'ed Dr. Abs, The Ab Doctor, and his own name and tried selling mugs with a sketch of abs and the caption Dr. Abs...He's not the most savvy and self-aware person out there, IMO.

@Alanna Awwww! I wish I had a bestie that was as funny and witty as you! There have been way too many times when I've literally LOL'd after reading your posts, usually when I'm in the library "studying".

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:57 am

@Aria I see what you mean about the ambiguity there. My sister is a pediatrician and watched the show with me, and she has similar concerns. I guess I assumed that most people looking at his Instagram knew him from the show and therefore wouldn't be misled by the Dr. title. In any event, I'm curious to see what career plans he has for the future!
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:14 pm

Aria wrote:

... He also should stop using the phrase "chiropractic physician" as that's not a thing.

But, say, if he were to look for a job in Dallas, there are job listings in Dallas that label it as such: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Meyer-Chiropractic-Center/jobs/Chiropractic-Physician-1106e365d85a77b4?q=chiropractic+physician

And my brother-in-law is a chiropractor and has his own clinic and tons of his colleagues/employees use the term and are also use "Dr." and I don't think any of them are being disingenuous or think they're making up titles for themselves-- and none of them would ever do harm to or mislead a patient.

I respect your take and get how you feel it can be misleading, ftr, and I respect how you feel in general even though I don't agree, just saying, this isn't uncommon or inaccurate, it doesn't seem to me?  

Because, I mean, From Cleveland Clinic to other majors-- their websites highlight their chiropractic physicians ( https://my.clevelandclinic.org/ccf/media/Files/Wellness/fact-sheets/chiropractic-services ) and their services and full stop use the terminology. Cleveland Clinic is well-respected as are some of the others I could list. It seems to be a very acceptable terminology to some. And I guess not to others?

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:23 pm

@likeashipblown I see that clinics advertise do that, but again, I think that's to boost the marketability of their chiropractors and make them seem more qualified and "better". The institutions that reward the degree shouldn't and, from what I've seen, do not use that terminology. "Doctor" is fine and totally earned, but "physician" is supposed to be reserved for MD/DOs. I have more of a problem with his IG profile because there's nothing about being a doctor of chiropractic there, whereas at least "chiropractic physician" does have that qualifier.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:29 pm

What has Bryan done that says he's  not self aware besides selling that tacky merchandise?

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

+70
whit90
TheWrongReasons
hae1001
SelmaHB
Tiggerlgh