SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4

Page 18 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FBF - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4 - Page 18 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4

Post by zoe06 Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:05 pm

sfrank wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:Here are a few things we can think about in reference to the move; 
1) Bryan may have rented this place (we know it's been listed since the end of filming) and gotten a larger place in Miami for the two of them.
2) Rachel may have finalized negotiations with ESPN in NYC to work there or in Connecticut where their major telecasts are. (Matty Nice, Matt is there too).
3) DWTS negotiations may be finalized and they need to be in LA soon to start preparations. If she's on, this is the best possible season for a wonderful partner because of the announced pro line up. There are rumors that Demario is on. Yuck!
4) Rachel's law firm she is employed by has offices in San Francisco. She could work with them at least until she passes the ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL California bar. 
5) Bryan could open a new office for his firm or, for himself if they move to Dallas, LA, NYC, Connecticut or, San Francisco.

I honestly don't think this is a thing. I can tell you that ESPN in a BIG hole financially and has been getting rid off talent not adding them. They laid off a TON on-air people (and other employees) just 3 months and there's rumors that more are coming. As much I as I like Rachel, I just don't think they would sign her especially since she'd be a complete neophyte in the sports broadcasting space.

Unfortunately, this is a very true point. I am happy they their relationship is prgressing and that they are preparing to move in with one another and it is looking like LA most likely, although i don't want them out there with Bach Nation, but I never thought that SF would be a possibility i would really like that although all signs are pointing LA.

zoe06

Back to top Go down

FBF - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4 - Page 18 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:35 pm

sfrank wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:Here are a few things we can think about in reference to the move; 
1) Bryan may have rented this place (we know it's been listed since the end of filming) and gotten a larger place in Miami for the two of them.
2) Rachel may have finalized negotiations with ESPN in NYC to work there or in Connecticut where their major telecasts are. (Matty Nice, Matt is there too).
3) DWTS negotiations may be finalized and they need to be in LA soon to start preparations. If she's on, this is the best possible season for a wonderful partner because of the announced pro line up. There are rumors that Demario is on. Yuck!
4) Rachel's law firm she is employed by has offices in San Francisco. She could work with them at least until she passes the ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL California bar. 
5) Bryan could open a new office for his firm or, for himself if they move to Dallas, LA, NYC, Connecticut or, San Francisco.

I honestly don't think this is a thing. I can tell you that ESPN in a BIG hole financially and has been getting rid off talent not adding them. They laid off a TON on-air people (and other employees) just 3 months and there's rumors that more are coming. As much I as I like Rachel, I just don't think they would sign her especially since she'd be a complete neophyte in the sports broadcasting space.

You could be right about the broadcasting piece - no one knows but, it is important to remember that financial holes require maneuvering and renegotiation of contracts and other litigation. Rachel is connected to the NBA and the NFL in nebulous (for us) terms and has an undergrad degree in sports management and completed internships with a major franchise and the NBA plus she is an attorney. I don't think they are flying her to NYC for giggles and we know she was seen there when she left Bryan for a day earlier this week and also during airing of her season. It's not an option we should discount without knowing more - which we don't and likely won't unless there is an announcement. JMO

DWTS, I didn't realize she said she wouldn't do it. It does seem to take a huge chunk out of a new relationship and force a location change so, may be a wise choice - who knows? It certainly didn't create glue for Nick as he and Vanessa have now split.  JMO

Last edited by Chgohighlife on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : undergrad degree in sports management)

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Nillay Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:39 pm

makeover wrote:From Rachel's IG story. The babies are busy packing at Bryan's place.

FBF - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4 - Page 18 C7uyTdLl
Hand placement  Praying

Nillay

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
sfrank wrote:

You could be right about the broadcasting piece - no one knows but, it is important to remember that financial holes require maneuvering and renegotiation of contracts and other litigation. Rachel is connected to the NBA and the NFL in nebulous (for us) terms and has an undergrad degree and completed internships with a major franchise and the NBA plus she is an attorney. I don't think they are flying her to NYC for giggles and we know she was seen there when she left Bryan for a day earlier this week and also during airing of her season. It's not an option we should discount without knowing more - which we don't and likely won't unless there is an announcement. JMO

DWTS, I didn't realize she said she wouldn't do it. It does seem to take a huge chunk out of a new relationship and force a location change so, may be a wise choice - who knows? It certainly didn't create glue for Nick as he and Vanessa have now split.  JMO

How do you know ESPN flew her to NYC? Are you just basing that a random tweet from the that editor or something else? I would also point out that Disney/ABC owns ESPN and they share offices in NYC. She could have been there for a variety of reasons, IMO.

Either way, excited to see what comes next for these two!!!
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by teambigrach Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:36 pm

FBF - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4 - Page 18 21042645_1508628409197322_1530137482803281920_n
pic

giggling

teambigrach

Female Posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:57 pm

sfrank wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:
sfrank wrote:

You could be right about the broadcasting piece - no one knows but, it is important to remember that financial holes require maneuvering and renegotiation of contracts and other litigation. Rachel is connected to the NBA and the NFL in nebulous (for us) terms and has an undergrad degree and completed internships with a major franchise and the NBA plus she is an attorney. I don't think they are flying her to NYC for giggles and we know she was seen there when she left Bryan for a day earlier this week and also during airing of her season. It's not an option we should discount without knowing more - which we don't and likely won't unless there is an announcement. JMO

How do you know ESPN flew her to NYC? Are you just basing that a random tweet from the that editor or something else? I would also point out that Disney/ABC owns ESPN and they share offices in NYC. She could have been there for a variety of reasons, IMO.

Either way, excited to see what comes next for these two!!!
My actual point is that we don't know, there are many options available to these two because they are older and more skilled and experienced than most. That was the point of my post to open up options based on actual professional skill sets -  not, tweets and gossip but, I'm perfectly ok with waiting for the real answer and not speculating at all. I'm excited to see what they do next and where, as well.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:10 pm

Hello, newbie here. Have been visiting this place for years but only joined recently. I am excited and apprehensive for Brachel as they start their lives - together. I agree @Chgohighlife about them being older and wiser (my words, not yours!) may help open up opportunities for them, and hopefully the glue that keeps them together. Praying They are soooooo cute together.
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:39 pm

@Kolormiblnd Welcome! Hugs.

I can't wait to see their future plans!

I know I don't know them and don't get a vote in their life plans, and I don't know what they're up to other than trying to read some tea leaves, but I've increasingly felt of their three options that Dallas and L.A. were the best options for them-- for a number of reasons-- as long as Bryan can acclimate to leaving the city that he grew up in-- 40 years later.

If Bryan can acclimate somewhere else, well then... Miami cannot offer what Dallas and L.A. can, imo.

Bryan's family is there and they're supportive, yes, but beyond that... It's a much more difficult uphill climb for Rachel in Miami, imo. She's strong, she could do it, she does not like to underachieve, but why put her in that position?

Miami is not necessarily the easiest of cities/areas to navigate, in my experience, if you do not speak Spanish well. Only a quarter of Miami is English primarily/only. A QUARTER. One in four. I mean...

I spent part of my childhood growing up in a northern suburb of Dallas, you are not hampered by lack of a strong Spanish speaking capability. I've visited Miami, plenty, you can struggle, quickly, and easily, at lots of places and in tons of settings if your Spanish isn't on point. That can be difficult.

Second, she's not licensed to practice there and there's no reciprocity with the places she is licensed. She'd have to take the bar again, which she can do, and likely will get licensed in FL at some point if, and/or, I'd like to think positively-- when she and Bryan are a permanent lock. But, in the mean time, she'd have to spin her wheels and not be as able to as easily hit the ground running there. I don't know if absent being able to practice, if she'd have as many outside opportunities in Miami, as she would Dallas or L.A.

Next, they wouldn't have the political, celebrity, and so on type of relationships in Miami that they will have in a Dallas. And even in an LA (thanks to their ties to ABC and it's family of networks, for one example).

Dallas... Would be arms wide open for Rachel and Bryan. She's a hometown girl. She's connected beyond belief. Big business in Texas loves Rachel. She reps big business in Texas, who are we kidding. Lots of money opportunities there. She's licensed, she still has her job there (Bryan was very clear to say "she's still working" at the Mohegan event, he didn't say "we") and her firm is shouting they want her to stay in ANY CAPACITY she wants so it's clear they're trying to pay the Good Sis AND let her chase her other dreams... And Rachel has made clear, extra clear she worked too hard to become a lawyer, she's not giving it up.

Saying that she's politically and socially connected in Dallas goes without saying. She's entrenched. Not just due to her dad, but yes, but due to her own contacts. Her best friends. Her manager. Tip of the iceberg.

She and Bryan were in Dallas for a week and the red carpet got rolled out for them. ESPN/WNBA, Texas Rangers, their engagement party was packed, promotional opportunities at both events, etc. And while that won't be every day, the point is, there's a lot of upside to Dallas for them.

The cost of living is better in Dallas than Miami. And Rachel has a ton of family in Texas. More family than Bryan has in Miami, it seems. And I do believe her family will be supportive.

Bryan can speak Spanish and English, that's not an acclimation challenge for him. Bryan can easily practice in Dallas or L.A. He's the more flexible of the two of them, due to those two things, for starters. He's not operating with one hand behind his back in any location they pick ala Rachel due to communication or job issues.

And LA, depending on what offers they're weighing, is neutral for them. Rachel would probably have plenty of opportunities waiting that would bridge the gap between when she get licensed there, etc., so that would lessen the issue of her not being able to immediately practice. And we could go on.

I just, Miami, for tons of reasons, has always seemed to have the fewest pros for them as a unit, imo. But that's just me. I'll be interested to see how things shake out. I'm excited for them and their new adventures.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:50 pm

likeashipblown wrote:@Kolormiblnd Welcome! Hugs.

I can't wait to see their future plans!

I know I don't know them and don't get a vote in their life plans, and I don't know what they're up to other than trying to read some tea leaves, but I've increasingly felt of their three options that Dallas and L.A. were the best options for them-- for a number of reasons-- as long as Bryan can acclimate to leaving the city that he grew up in-- 40 years later.

If Bryan can acclimate somewhere else, well then... Miami cannot offer what Dallas and L.A. can, imo.

Bryan's family is there and they're supportive, yes, but beyond that... It's a much more difficult uphill climb for Rachel in Miami, imo. She's strong, she could do it, she does not like to underachieve, but why put her in that position?

Miami is not necessarily the easiest of cities/areas to navigate, in my experience, if you do not speak Spanish well. Only a quarter of Miami is English primarily/only. A QUARTER. One in four. I mean...

I spent part of my childhood growing up in a northern suburb of Dallas, you are not hampered by lack of a strong Spanish speaking capability. I've visited Miami, plenty, you can struggle, quickly, and easily, at lots of places and in tons of settings if your Spanish isn't on point. That can be difficult.

Second, she's not licensed to practice there and there's no reciprocity with the places she is licensed. She'd have to take the bar again, which she can do, and likely will get licensed in FL at some point if, and/or, I'd like to think positively-- when she and Bryan are a permanent lock. But, in the mean time, she'd have to spin her wheels and not be as able to as easily hit the ground running there. I don't know if absent being able to practice, if she'd have as many outside opportunities in Miami, as she would Dallas or L.A.

Next, they wouldn't have the political, celebrity, and so on type of relationships in Miami that they will have in a Dallas. And even in an LA (thanks to their ties to ABC and it's family of networks, for one example).

Dallas... Would be arms wide open for Rachel and Bryan. She's a hometown girl. She's connected beyond belief. Big business in Texas loves Rachel. She reps big business in Texas, who are we kidding. Lots of money opportunities there. She's licensed, she still has her job there (Bryan was very clear to say "she's still working" at the Mohegan event, he didn't say "we") and her firm is shouting they want her to stay in ANY CAPACITY she wants so it's clear they're trying to pay the Good Sis AND let her chase her other dreams... And Rachel has made clear, extra clear she worked too hard to become a lawyer, she's not giving it up.

Saying that she's politically and socially connected in Dallas goes without saying. She's entrenched. Not just due to her dad, but yes, but due to her own contacts. Her best friends. Her manager. Tip of the iceberg.

She and Bryan were in Dallas for a week and the red carpet got rolled out for them. ESPN/WNBA, Texas Rangers, their engagement party was packed, promotional opportunities at both events, etc. And while that won't be every day, the point is, there's a lot of upside to Dallas for them.

The cost of living is better in Dallas than Miami. And Rachel has a ton of family in Texas. More family than Bryan has in Miami, it seems. And I do believe her family will be supportive.  

Bryan can speak Spanish and English, that's not an acclimation challenge for him. Bryan can easily practice in Dallas or L.A. He's the more flexible of the two of them, due to those two things, for starters. He's not operating with one hand behind his back in any location they pick ala Rachel due to communication or job issues.

And LA, depending on what offers they're weighing, is neutral for them. Rachel would probably have plenty of opportunities waiting that would bridge the gap between when she get licensed there, etc., so that would lessen the issue of her not being able to immediately practice. And we could go on.

I just, Miami, for tons of reasons, has always seemed to have the fewest pros for them as a unit, imo. But that's just me. I'll be interested to see how things shake out. I'm excited for them and their new adventures.

Agree! to EVERYTHING! What SHE SAID! FBF - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4 - Page 18 1176891977 clapping! thumbsup High clap

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Agree with @ @Chgohighlife and @likeashipblown with couple of caveats to LA - 1) Wickedly difficult bar to pass. She can do it but really requires dedication. 2) not really family friendly **IMO**
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by ukglasgowkiiss Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:25 pm

coolangel wrote:They look so cute wrapped up in each other after a busy day. heartglasses

I came across this old IG Story yet again today and it's one of my favs. I love their sense of humor. giggling  giggling

Source
OMG how did I miss this at the time. Obsessed rofl giggling FBF - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4 - Page 18 1176891977
Genius!
He shd do this character more often, perhaps a dance routine to match. Love love love them & how clued up about everything they are. They have all the feels & all the smarts to make it. Love em both ♥️ ⌚️ ⌚️ ♥️

#TeamLove rose bud  peace  

'[b]For the open window for a bare forehead              
I said it to you for your thoughts for your words
Every caress every trust survives
.'   (Paul Elouard)1
ukglasgowkiiss
ukglasgowkiiss

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:37 pm

So happy these two are not wasting anytime bringing their lives together. I can see them getting married sooner.

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  FBF - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4 - Page 18 1f49b  FBF - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4 - Page 18 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - FAN Forum - Discussion - #4

+53
lightredemption
Ladybug82
quietpal
Mommyof2
fabgirl