SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Page 6 of 91 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 48 ... 91  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

leftsidelion - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Post by coolangel Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Duke702 wrote:I disagree that the only thing they want is ratings. Yes that is their main concern. But high on the list is someone who is likeable. IMO, they switched from Caila to JoJo because Caila was getting a lot of backlash for not being likeable. Nick would never have gotten the job in the years before that, only because he was likeable on BIP. So IDK, I think picking someone that fans will def end up hating (Juan Pablo , Ben F, Brad) is definitely a concern of theirs. jmo. Dean is def being hated on by fans/social media etc. Peter got a ton of hate for his stuff too. jmo.

MF is on record saying that he doesn't regret Juan Pablo's season coz it had good ratings. He had implied that there was only one season they regret which many people assume is Ben F's season coz he was both difficult to work with and also didn't give them good ratings. I think 'likeability' to TPTB basically means that the lead is not universally hated going into the season. They don't give a damn IMO if fans hate them once the season is done - more often than not, TPTB are the ones who throw them under the bus and turn the fans against them in the first place IMO. I agree about the Caila/Jojo switch and do believe they pay more attention while picking their female leads since the male contestants do not usually bring crazy drama to sustain the season.

IMO It's not hard to change someone's edit if TPTB want irrespective of what goes down. IMO If they wanted to give Dean a good edit on BIP, all they had to do was cut out the scenes where he is still giving Kristina hope (remove the pinky-swear conversation, the beach cuddling, blah blah) and it would start looking like he made things clear to Kristina and she is the one not accepting it. They could have made her the Ashley I of the season with Dean being Jared and he would have SM sympathizing with him just like that. What I am trying to say is that it is not hard to make anyone likable/unlikable in this franchise and TPTB could do it if they choose to. Luke and Josh M both were likable on their seasons inspite of being garbage IMO in real life.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

leftsidelion - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:05 pm

coolangel wrote:The only thing TPTB want is ratings and they'll get it one way or the other IMO - the lead has always been immaterial in the grand scheme of things. IMO The Bachelor works coz of the contestants and the crazy drama the girls bring. See Chris S season for example. It's considered to be one of popular seasons with good ratings and he couldn't even string one sentence together which made sense IMO. laugh out loud  Kelsey Poe, Ashley I, Kaitlyn, Britt, Jade and Carly in particular made that season what it is. All TPTB need are a few interesting women next season and it wouldn't matter if Adam Jr doll was the lead IMO.  cheeky

Sucks to praise them but IMO TPTB know what they are doing and are masters of this game. Look how well they turned the focus away from them casting a racist on the show and get everyone to only talk about Rachel/Bryan/Peter at the end. IMO All those people on SM who were going to boycott the show are back to tweeting MF about who they want as the Bachelor. That is how well TPTB know their audience IMO.

IMO TPTB's issue with Peter is not whether he'll propose or not but that he might not play along with their story lines and it would be a difficult season to produce. IMO They were disappointed last season when Nick didn't sleep with half the cast and deliver the sleazy season they wanted. I see them going with someone who will be more willing to play along this time and go with the storyboard.

All JMO

Agreed. Chris Soules' season had great ratings. That's all the proof you need, IMO. These folks know what they're doing which is how we know they will GO LOW to get what they want. Lord only knows who will be buried in that cast, IMO. I shudder to think.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:@coolangel Maybe we should start campaigning for Adam Jr. to be lead.  cheeky laugh out loud

ETA:  He'd certainly be their puppet and do whatever they wanted.  Hugesmile

JMO
laugh out loud And he might have more personality than some past leads.  Certainly better hair.  leftsidelion - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 6 1f60e
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:49 pm

coolangel wrote:The only thing TPTB want is ratings and they'll get it one way or the other IMO - the lead has always been immaterial in the grand scheme of things. IMO The Bachelor works coz of the contestants and the crazy drama the girls bring. See Chris S season for example. It's considered to be one of popular seasons with good ratings and he couldn't even string one sentence together which made sense IMO. laugh out loud  Kelsey Poe, Ashley I, Kaitlyn, Britt, Jade and Carly in particular made that season what it is. All TPTB need are a few interesting women next season and it wouldn't matter if Adam Jr doll was the lead IMO.  cheeky

Sucks to praise them but IMO TPTB know what they are doing and are masters of this game. Look how well they turned the focus away from them casting a racist on the show and get everyone to only talk about Rachel/Bryan/Peter at the end. IMO All those people on SM who were going to boycott the show are back to tweeting MF about who they want as the Bachelor. That is how well TPTB know their audience IMO.

IMO TPTB's issue with Peter is not whether he'll propose or not but that he might not play along with their story lines and it would be a difficult season to produce. IMO They were disappointed last season when Nick didn't sleep with half the cast and deliver the sleazy season they wanted. I see them going with someone who will be more willing to play along this time and go with the storyboard.

All JMO

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the perspective. FYI, I know we disagree about Peter, but I am a huge Nick fan. Favorite contestant ever. Goes to show how one season you might disagree with a member and the following season agree with everything they say!
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:18 am

Kels0012 wrote:

All JMO

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the perspective. FYI, I know we disagree about Peter, but I am a huge Nick fan. Favorite contestant ever. Goes to show how one season you might disagree with a member and the following season agree with everything they say!

bestbud! IA! Which is why IMO it's so important not to take criticisms towards our favs personally. Contestants come and go but as members we might interact for years to come. The different perspectives of people with different backgrounds and life-experiences make this forum so interesting. Smiley
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:09 pm

I know this would never happen as they're opposing networks but this tweet from DaniD on BB has a lot of likes:

leftsidelion - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 6 Danidm10

It would be a classic Bachelor trainwreck because Mark is a crying teddy bear with a sad backstory who really wants to be loved.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:17 pm

@NCGalBecca omg I vote Mark over any of the other possible candidates. And while we're talking CBS reality stars - how about Malcolm or Joe from Survivor. leftsidelion - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 6 1105969562

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:25 pm

I'd watch Joe do just about anything. I think he's beautiful inside and out.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Can't wait for Fleiss to tweet more about how important getting engaged on the show is after this N/V breakup.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Throw Nick V's name back in as a contender laugh out loud
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:52 pm

I do hope the next Bachelor doesn't propose but agree to date his F1 after the show with the guarantee that Neil Lane will provide the ring if they get engaged.

ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:54 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:I know this would never happen as they're opposing networks but this tweet from DaniD on BB has a lot of likes:

leftsidelion - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 6 Danidm10

It would be a classic Bachelor trainwreck because Mark is a crying teddy bear with a sad backstory who really wants to be loved.

DaniD beatingheart mention here!!! I wish they'd seriously get the next lead from other shows, unless they can get Nick and BenH to double lead.

I'm actually very suspicious of the timing of this announcement...
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 91 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 48 ... 91  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

+106
Minney
docnash14
AEF
Miyala
Bet2Win