SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Page 8 of 91 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 49 ... 91  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

losangeles - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Nah. I've always believed that (even with the exceptions) that just switching the exact same couple so Bach to Bette and they will have higher odds purely because of the one woman, many men format. I just think the Bette format is socially/relationship-wise evolutionary more supported for higher odds regardless of the individuals. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

losangeles - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Post by hae1001 Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Possessionista just tweeted out a petition to have nick be the bachelor again. Please no.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:15 pm

They aren't going to stop the proposals at the end, IMO. It's part of the fairytale and people watch for it. It's entertainment. It's a show, after all. if there's no proposal, there's no need for HTD or, MTP. I don't recall any man needing my parents' permission to date me after I left for college and certainly not after I had a job and my own place. It's dating. Means nothing without commitment. JMO

Last edited by Chgohighlife on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : jmo)

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:18 pm

Though I have no interest in watching Nick further, he isn't the worst choice of the names being batted around as options, IMO.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:40 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I don't think the odds for a non-proposal ending are any better considering those are 0% odds of lasting laugh out loud

Exactly.
JPG didn't propose, Jesse Palmer didn't propose, Charlie opted to date both women after FRC, and none of them made it to the end.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:48 pm

If they stop the proposal I'm not watching any longer. I just don't see the point.

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:00 pm

@jalkire i don't know why a fake proposal is such a big deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:02 pm

IMO engagements would be more successful if there are less contestants which means more time with the lead. And each contestant is hand picked for the lead not crazy whaboom types that cause drama.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:16 pm

The show is what it is.  It's been successful enough with the engagement no matter how real or fake for going on 22 seasons of the Bachelor and 14 of the Ette.  Not including the engagements and relationships from multiple seasons of Bach Pad or BIP.  IMO, TPTB are not going to get rid of the engagement no matter how silly it may seem to get engaged to someone you've know 6 weeks and spend a handful of hours with, all while dating 25+ others.  

It's a norm and expectation of the show and IMO those that don't comply are thrown under the bus repeatedly (just ask Brad and JPG).  IMO there has been very little change to the show all these years, mostly having to do with how to deal with the ever evolving SM and spoilers. So I don't think they'll change what's expected or do a total reboot for Peter or anyone else that felt the same.  If they couldn't and wouldn't do it to be more respectful for the first WOC lead, why would Peter get any special privileges?  

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:02 pm

@Ladybug82, ITA! :yes: This is the show - dating 25 and getting engaged to 1 at the end. Even if that engagement is only 'Dating with a Neil Lane Ring' in the real world. laugh out loud

IDK what removing the proposal expectation is going to achieve. Then it would just be 'Tinder on Television' cheeky laugh out loud

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:10 pm

@coolangel yes to what you said. I know the porposal is ridiculous but that's why I watch; it's totally fantasy and I'm entertained. I have no interest in watching someone dating a bunch of people and then choosing one in the end. I see enough of that in my real life.

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:02 am

Call me crazy but...Does anyone else think there is even the slightest chance that DeMario is being considered? They did that segment on BIP last week with him, and if Corrine adds her praises next week...? IDK, stranger things have happened....
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 91 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 49 ... 91  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

+106
Minney
docnash14
AEF
Miyala
Bet2Win