SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Page 9 of 91 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 50 ... 91  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fitness - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Post by sosleepy Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:09 am

Call me crazy, but I don't want them to nix the proposal. I'm not watching this show to see real life scenarios, I'm watching it for the real life soap opera/drama/$hit show. I don't really care that it's unrealistic, the proposal and high stakes dating makes better tv. Plus, that's how you end up with the rare JPG/Brad 1.0 endings, and that's always gold! If it becomes the standard, then meh. Not as special. Besides, back in the day it was common to have non-proposals. Success rates were even more dismal without them, and relationship length much less.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Fitness - Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Post by makeover Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:18 am

laugh out loud laugh out loud laugh out loud If there is no proposal at the end, do you truly think Neil Lane will continue to provide the diamond rings if/when the couples decide to get engaged months/years after the show is over? NO F-ING WAY. NL ain't stupid. He wants his diamonds to be shown on prime-time national TV.

IMO, people tune in every season not because they want to witness "true love", but because of all the extravagant dates, fairytale locations, luxurious vehicles, free gifted jewelry/watches, including the ~100K engagement ring at the end. It's an escape for people to live vicariously through the contestants. At least it is for me. I wouldn't watch a show with random people dating in real life scenarios, laugh out loud.

After so many years of proposals and engagement rings, I think it is part of people's expectation now. Like it or not, IMO.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:23 am

sosleepy wrote:Call me crazy, but I don't want them to nix the proposal. I'm not watching this show to see real life scenarios, I'm watching it for the real life soap opera/drama/$hit show. I don't really care that it's unrealistic, the proposal and high stakes dating makes better tv. Plus, that's how you end up with the rare JPG/Brad 1.0 endings, and that's always gold! If it becomes the standard, then meh. Not as special. Besides, back in the day it was common to have non-proposals. Success rates were even more dismal without them, and relationship length much less.

Yeah, there's literally a 0% success rate with seasons that ended without an engagement. Charlie/Sarah did last for 5 years, on and off, but the vast majority of those couples lasted a few months. I do think there's something about that promise and that public show of commitment with an engagement you make that keeps couples together during the hard times (like SeanCat during DWTS). IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:11 pm

There are a lot more who did propose and broke up. Only Sean married his f1 and Jason his f2. The rest all split so either way it's mostly a bust. I don't enjoy the proposals and never have because they're so unrealistic. It can still be romantic without one, imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:20 pm

albean99 wrote:There are a lot more who did propose and broke up. Only Sean married his f1 and Jason his f2. The rest all split so either way it's mostly a bust. I don't enjoy the proposals and never have because they're so unrealistic. It can still be romantic without one, imo.

It's a 8% success rate (just Sean out of 13) with the Bachelors that were engaged and a 50% success rate (couples that are still together) with the Bachelorettes that were engaged (as Jen never got engaged). It's not perfect, but it's better than 0%. And a lot of the failed engagements lasted for a long time, like Jillian/Ed and Ali/Roberto and Ben/Lauren, whereas most of the non-engagements like Jesse, Bob, and Travis only lasted a few weeks/months. I don't have any feelings about the proposal, good or bad, but I do personally think that non-engagement endings would probably just lead to couples who were going to break up anyways to break up faster and it might have caused couples like Sean/Cat and Jojo/Jordan not to get through the hard times. I don't think they really harm the couple, like others predict, IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:39 pm

IMO I don't think MF cares about the romance. I never have.
It's how far can he go to reach his prototype: Who Wants To Marry The MultiMillionaire?
That's what he wants. IMO
If he could get a couple to follow a script unbeknownst to the viewing audience that appeared semi-authentic and get that FRC or ATFR wedding that would be the brass ring. IMO
Who cares if the couple disintegrates 6 months post show and maybe the couple wouldn't either if they pocketed a hefty paycheck. He wants that marriage like what's his name with Darva Congers, only showing the journey.
He came pretty close with Lacy and Marcus. He got Ben H's minister at the ATFR with hopes and kept twisting that arm. Maybe someday. Maybe not. He has not found the right couple yet and hasn't found their price.
It's a race before cancellation. JMOAA

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Murakamee Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Slightly O/T but where can I watch Ben's season online? ETA: Ben H the Bachelor. Nevermind. I found it on Amazon.

Last edited by Murakamee on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OT)
Murakamee
Murakamee

Female Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:49 am

I don't think comparing the Bachelor with the Bachelorette works all that well. It seems that most of the women leads went into the show looking for a serious relationship and I'm not so  sure about the male leads who often seemed to let it go to their heads. For those guys it doesn't seem like it mattered whether they proposed or not. Having said all that, I doubt they're going to suddenly stop pushing for a proposal no matter how unrealistic it is and I'm not going to stop being doubtful (and sometimes hopeful) about the final couples.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Peter is flying somewhere today per his Instagram story but has a bootcamp in Madison tomorrow... quick LA trip to negotiate with production, maybe?  question

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:56 pm

Hawaii Girl wrote:Peter is flying somewhere today per his Instagram story but has a bootcamp in Madison tomorrow... quick LA trip to negotiate with production, maybe?  question

We can only hope. :yes: Hasn't a fill-in been used before? I NEED Peter as my Bach. If not him, Chase or Nick 5.0 (last resort). Otherwise a non-related to the show person.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia620 Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:35 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYV1FEKAYjb/?hl=en

Do you think his caption is a hint that he is going to be the next Bachelor?

source: instagram
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:40 pm

@Stacia620 sure sounds like to me TPTB BS's invitation to get run over by a bus. laugh out loud

After all the shade towards them, patting himself on the back for 'being true to himself' and not proposing IMO if he has agreed, he is going to certainly learn a thing or two about being pushed out of your comfort zone.

That picture is an example of full model pose inviting OTT fan comments because he loves it IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 91 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 50 ... 91  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

+106
Minney
docnash14
AEF
Miyala
Bet2Win