SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

relationshipgoals - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 49 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by nikikass Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:43 am

Rachel is a strong beautiful woman who has a fiancé that loves her to pieces.

I dont feel bad for her at all.. I am extremely happy for her.

I dont think Rachel cares one iota of how many followers she has or doesn't have.

IMO the less the better. Less crazies to deal with.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

relationshipgoals - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 49 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:21 am

nikikass wrote:So just to be clear..  If Vanessa was feeling how she was feeling.

She should have said.  "Get out of my face you f'n B Itch."

But not "you are being aggressive"?

Okay I have heard it all now.   I am done.

Let me be clear i am not condoning anything here.   But lets face it we get angry and we confront the people that are making us angry.  

I just didnt know there are ways to get angry at a Person of colour.  Are we not the same and getting angry is getting angry?

I don't understand either.
To me it looks like people cannot argue / get angry with Rachel because she is black that everyone should paid extra attention when dealing with her.

And I'm a Chinese, I do understand there is cultural differences across different races, but I too find it hard to understand why Rachel seems to take many things in an offensive way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:41 am

mprssdbyu wrote:
nikikass wrote:At the same time POC need to realize people dont know the detailed black history.  We didnt experience that in Canada and we were not educated.   We never had segregation and everyone was equal.

We learn our history and a little of everyone's world history but not into fine detail.   Unless of course you major in that in university.

Canadians dont expect everyone  to know our history.  Hell we are just happy when the world knows we don't live in igloos.

Perhaps its a tad arrogant that each and every person in the world knows this fau pa?
V felt bullied whether Rachel's idea/meaning of the word "bully" matched V's or not. I saw enough after filming wrapped to know the squad is not a friendly bunch if you are deemed not a part of their clique. Call it what you want. They are all entitled to feel how they feel. All includes V, too no matter how R chooses to spin her version.

Exactly this!!!
If R is entitled to feel hurt, so is V feeling being bullied.
IMO, V called her out like it is, like how she would in normal daily lives, it probably was not about color at all, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:52 am

I'm just going to say this, I hope Vanessa continues to take the high road.

Rachel and her "squad" will continue to show their true colors.

All JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:19 am

Diana wrote:I'm just going to say this, I hope Vanessa continues to take the high road.

Rachel and her "squad" will continue to show their true colors.

All JMO

It won't matter, IMO. Vanessa is off the scene and soon to be off the radar. Same will be true of the squad when this new batch is baked. Rachel doesn't need the squad. She just doesn't know it yet. JMO

Last edited by Chgohighlife on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot JMO)

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKimist Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:02 am

Can I just throw this out there and mention that all of this is exacerbated by the fact that this was on television?

It's one thing to be black and to be called aggressive and a bully in the world. It's another thing for that to be televised on reality tv. We've had the trope of black person as bully/aggressive/and out of control since the beginning of the genre. Just look at early seasons of the Real World, Big Brother, Real Housewives, any of the Flavor of Love series and their spin-offs. Americans across racial lines eat that up with a spoon and I'm glad Rachel did not play into it.

The ability to defy stereotypes is how Rachel's family has achieved all that they have.  Let's just say that to maintain her social and career status Rachel must play respectability politics at all times. Her behavior has to be above reproach at all times. (Always having to be twice as good to get half as far... Thanks Papa Pope) That's how she's acceptable enough to be the first black franchise lead, it's also why Jasmine is not.

For those of you who don't understand:  Imagine spending your whole life never getting to express displeasure, frustration, or any emotion beside happiness for fear that someone is going to tell on you for having a basic human reaction. It's not something that you discuss at Happy Hour, but I would be willing to bet that if you have black friends or family, they've been on the receiving end of this at least once.

Vanessa may not have been aware of the weight of her accusations, but that doesn't diminish the consequences for Rachel.

So kudos to Rachel for not falling into a trap and separating herself. It gives more context for why she was disappointed in Kenny, and why her "squad" meant so much to her.

TheKimist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:27 am

Reading the last few pages, AGAIN, Rachel didn't bring up the issues with Vanessa, DLo did. People seemed to have assumed, that Vanessa used a racist slur, after DLo ran her mouth, and Rachel cleared the air, and told what was said. Imho Rachel did a good thing here, and it's not her fault, that this issue was brought up, but Rachel is getting dragged for it, again.

Imho Vanessa had the right to feel the way she did, but imho when she took the issue to Nick, it crosses a line. And Rachel imo had the right to distance herself from Vanessa, and be hurt by her accusations.

Imho both Vanessa and Rachel were in the right, and in the wrong. Vanessa shouldn't have blabbed to Nick, and Rachel shouldn't have been shady with the squad after the show ended. Jmho.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:29 am

teamkristina wrote:...i feel so bad for rachel she's getting attacked and losing followers. This is so unfair to her. all jmo
No worries on this front. She's only lost 65-ish followers. She just happens to be sitting on the boundary of 900,000 and 899,940ish, so it's obvious right now when there are fluctuations. And that type of follower "loss" can't really be attributed to a cause, imo, because there also bot accounts and a slew of other similar types of accounts that routinely follow and unfollow people and these types of daily ups and downs are pretty routine for high-profile and celeb accounts. Her ability to maintain her followers regardless of what she does or says-- is pretty strong, tbh.

Even after her "role model" post that drew criticism, she dropped a few thousand followers and that number rebounded and surpassed where she'd been in less than 72 hours. This handful of followers right here? Isn't even a blip on the radar comparatively.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:... Imho Rachel did a good thing here, and it's not her fault, that this issue was brought up, but Rachel is getting dragged for it, again...
I honestly very much respect that she really doesn't want people being blamed for or assigned things that are not accurate-- whether she likes them or not. She's taken the time to correct things like this multiple times now. She even spoke up a few days ago when Tanner was being accused of something pertaining to her and she told people she and Tanner had talked and had an understanding of what the score is, and blah, blah, blah, and she event went on to say that sometimes humor doesn't translate as written, she gets his humor, leave him alone if they're attacking him on her behalf, that was the basic connotation. She even tagged Jade when she said it.

For as much as some want to label her a stereotypical mean girl, and that's totally their right, she seems to have a pretty strong sense of justice, imo. Blame people or don't blame them... for stuff they actually said or did. Lol. Don't drag them for assumptions (wrong ones) on her behalf. I respect that in her. Immensely.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:04 am

Yeah, I only think she talked about it now because people were accusing Vanessa of saying the n-word. She didn't talk about it for a year or even ever allude to it, so she seemed perfectly content to let the story die. She had to tell the full story to explain why DLo would use that terminology, but in a weird way way, I think this was Rachel looking out for Vanessa. It would have been better for Rachel to stay quiet, as everyone would have continued thinking she was this innocent victim and Vanessa had said something truly henious. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:42 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:Reading the last few pages, AGAIN, Rachel didn't bring up the issues with Vanessa, DLo did. People seemed to have assumed, that Vanessa used a racist slur, after DLo ran her mouth, and Rachel cleared the air, and told what was said. Imho Rachel did a good thing here, and it's not her fault, that this issue was brought up, but Rachel is getting dragged for it, again.

Imho Vanessa had the right to feel the way she did, but imho when she took the issue to Nick, it crosses a line. And Rachel imo had the right to distance herself from Vanessa, and be hurt by her accusations.

Imho both Vanessa and Rachel were in the right, and in the wrong. Vanessa shouldn't have blabbed to Nick, and Rachel shouldn't have been shady with the squad after the show ended. Jmho.

100% agree- both parties were right, and wrong.

DLo was wrong to use the term "derogatory". People jumped to the worst conclusions about what that was, so I am glad that Rachel cleared the air about it, and she did it quickly. Kudos to her for that. At the same time....and I say this as a black woman....not everything is about race. In the interview, Rachel said that she felt that Vanessa attacked her character by calling her a bully and aggressive. If Vanessa felt bullied by Rachel, that is her truth, and she had the right to voice that. I don't think she should have had to tip toe and try to find the politically correct wording. Rachel's own squad has been quoted as saying that when Rachel goes into "attorney Rachel mode and voice", you better watch out.

It's not fair that Rachel can dish it out, but when the tables are turned, she can't take it, and claims to be offended or hurt. Just playing devil's advocate, Rachel calling Peter manipulative and wishy washy in front of millions of people was an attack on his character. However, that is how Rachel felt, and she had the right to voice that, just as Vanessa had that right. All JMO.

And as a sidenote- I think the reason why more people liked/sided with Rachel vs. Vanessa (in the house), is because it was clear that Vanessa was going to be F1, according to a lot of the girls. It was more fun to gang up on the front runner more than likely out of jealousy. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:46 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:Reading the last few pages, AGAIN, Rachel didn't bring up the issues with Vanessa, DLo did. People seemed to have assumed, that Vanessa used a racist slur, after DLo ran her mouth, and Rachel cleared the air, and told what was said. Imho Rachel did a good thing here, and it's not her fault, that this issue was brought up, but Rachel is getting dragged for it, again.

Imho both Vanessa and Rachel were in the right, and in the wrong. Vanessa shouldn't have blabbed to Nick, and Rachel shouldn't have been shady with the squad after the show ended. Jmho

I felt this was such a good post, IMO that I wanted to re-quote it this morning. Thanks.
It's sad this was all brought to the forefront almost a year later. Immaturity(IMO), dragging(IMO), and ignorance (IMO) mainly due to a cast person extending their 15 minutes of fame one more time. no no

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday