SELECT CONTENT

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum

Post by Billysmom Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:30 am

I hadn't heard that Laura had originally decided against doing the Bach. Glad she had a last minute epiphany....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum

Post by Mrs O Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:32 am

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Matty_16
Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Matty_17
Rikkim wrote:Some articles with updates on our fave couple:

Scroll past half way to find M& L:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/meet-the-celebrities-of-the-bw-magazine-hot-list/news-story/4302758d93f710d689a00db1dec78936

Matty J will be on our screens soon on 'The Living Room'!
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/matty-j-lands-job-as-tv-travel-reporter-on-the-living-room/news-story/1ad774145c726125cfa80c26de795745
Mrs O
Mrs O

Back to top Go down

Post by Rikkim Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:19 am

Another awesome article...

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/the-bachelors-matty-j-and-laura-expose-their-life-after-the-show/news-story/1905880ab8780820c93fb6574e708857

(Article copy and pasted below in case you can't access it)

The Bachelor’s Matty J and Laura expose their life after the show

THIS time last year, a single Laura Byrne was eating breakfast with a girlfriend in Sydney’s Palm Beach when her mobile phone rang.

It was a casting consultant from The Bachelor: they loved her application and were keen to get her on the show.
“I said ‘no’,” Byrne tells BW Magazine.
She politely explained she had filled out the application as “a bit of a joke” with her girlfriends after a few too many glasses of wine and didn’t expect anything to come of it.

She also felt very uneasy about leaving her jewellery business, ToniMay, to compete on the show.
So, The Bachelor went into production with 21 other hopefuls — and no Laura Byrne.
Then, one day after the contestants had arrived at a secret hotel in inner Sydney to ready themselves for their first meeting with Bachelor Matthew ‘Matty J’ Johnson, one persistent producer couldn’t get Byrne out of her mind, so she gave it one last shot and called her.
She told the jewellery designer it wasn’t too late, and if there was any chance at all she changed her mind, she could meet them at the hotel at 11am the next morning and still get a spot in the mansion. Byrne assured her that wouldn’t be happening. But at 4am the next morning, Byrne woke from her sleep, struck by a moment of clarity.
“It was just like, ‘holy sh*t, I’m going to go into the Bachelor house,’” she says.
She phoned her sister, who doubles as her business partner at ToniMay, and requested a lift to the hotel.
“The whole way there she kept saying, ‘you’ve had months! Why would you decide to do this now!’” recalls Byrne, 31.
Although much to the chagrin of her sister, who was left to run ToniMay single-handedly, those who believe in destiny could consider Byrne’s sudden decision a moment of fateful intervention — the Sliding Doors moment that aligned her with meeting the man of her dreams.

It’s been seven months since Johnson stood on the beach in Thailand and told Byrne he’d fallen for her, and the couple are still very much in love.
They’ve recently returned from their first holiday together to Bali and are looking forward to their first Christmas as a couple. They’ll be spending it with Byrne’s family in the picturesque town of Berry on NSW South Coast and Johnson will be flying his mum down from Brisbane to join the Byrne celebrations.
“I’m really excited about our families meeting,” he says.
“It’s weird how much things can change in 12 months’ time but I’d say it’s probably been my best year.
“I wanted to go on the show to meet someone who I thought I could spend the rest of my life with and I’ve found that, so it’s just nice to be able to enjoy what we’ve got,” he says.

Before Johnson, 30, became the Bachelor, the marketing executive had his heart obliterated on The Bachelorette, memorably doubling over in pain when Georgia Love told him she’d chosen Lee Elliot.
But after a few months listening to sad love songs, Johnson was ready to find love again and gave the reality TV franchise one last shot.

Throughout the show, he appeared to foster a genuine connection with the final three contestants, Byrne, Tara Pavlovic and Elyse Stacy.
However, according to several contestants in the Bachelor mansion, the connection between Johnson and Byrne was apparent from the beginning.
Viewers also picked Byrne as the winner but that didn’t stop the pretty jewellery designer from spending months feeling desperately insecure.

“Matt gave me no indication it was me,” she says.
“Even when I was like, ‘so, I’m in love with you,’ he just said, ‘thanks’.

“Normally, in real life, if you’re pouring your heart out to someone they will give you an indication as to whether it’s mutual. I didn’t know whether I was wasting my time, whether I was making things up in my own head, reading into things too much — I had no reassurance at all.”

Byrne admits the process was incredibly testing and she “struggled” sharing the Bachelor house with so many women.
“I’m 31 years old and I haven’t been in a share-house with 14 girls in the one bedroom, ever. You don’t get any personal space, you’re always with each other, and the conversation is always about the same thing and it does get draining,” she says.

In the outside world, Byrne relies on exercise as a way of clearing her mind but her usual walks with her three-legged dog Buster and gym classes weren’t part of the Bachelor house experience.
“You can run on the treadmill, in the garage, but you don’t have freedom. The house is amazing, you’re so well taken care of but you can’t go for a walk on the beach. It’s an unusual experience because you give up a lot of freedoms for the process,” she says.

And if you’re lucky enough to find love on The Bachelor, those restrictions continue long after the show has wrapped production. Byrne and Johnson were obliged to keep their love secret for four months between the final ceremony in Thailand and the finale going to air.
Contact was mainly restricted to phone calls and both were aware of being followed by paparazzi every time they left the house. However, they were allowed four very discreet dates, orchestrated by the production company.
“They would take us to different places, a few hours out of Sydney, really remote and isolated and sometimes we’d have no phone reception,” explains Byrne. “They had to keep us away from paps (paparazzi) and stuff, the paps make it really difficult.”

Even now their relationship is public, the couple have chosen to spend the formative months of their courtship behind closed doors, away from the watchful eyes of interested onlookers. Like any new couple, the first months have been all about getting to know each other — and each other’s quirks. Byrne has learnt that Johnson is extremely particular about the way his bed is made.
“Matt’s really obsessed with having the sheets on in the correct way. The top sheet can’t go on inside out or he’ll have a tanty and have to undo the bed and then redo the bed again,” she says, teasing him with a giant smile.
And Johnson has learnt Byrne has a big problem with chewing gum — and that he best get rid of it if he plans on kissing her.
“I have a weird phobia against it. I can’t stand it. As soon as he comes in the house chewing gum I’ll say, ‘spit that out!’” says Byrne.

She’s also discovered he snores but says it doesn’t bother her. They’re also very complimentary of the other’s cooking. Johnson loves Byrne’s stir-fries while Byrne has been particularly impressed with her new boyfriend’s fish pie.

And, thankfully, they’re both on the same page when it comes to messiness. “We both run a bit of a floor-drobe,” confesses Byrne.

Most of all though, it’s their shared sense of humour which makes them get along.
“I find him funny. He enjoys that,” says Byrne.
“And you laugh at my bad jokes, which is one of the most important things,” adds Johnson.

But despite being a self-confessed “perfect match” when it comes to their taste in books, TV shows and movies, there is one sticking point between Byrne and Johnson.
“What’s your favourite thing about Christmas?” I ask Byrne.
“The Mariah Carey Christmas album!” she exclaims.
Later, I question Johnson about his thoughts on Christmas, and if there’s anything he dislikes.
“The Mariah Carey Christmas album,” he says, with a smile.

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen22
Rikkim
Rikkim

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs O Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:59 am

Thnx for posting this article @Rikkim
Mrs O
Mrs O

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:11 am

Great article....thanks!
Billysmom
Billysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:43 pm

@Rikkim Thanks for posting! What a great article. That's amazing she got on the last minute after saying no for several months. It sounds like they'll have a great Christmas with both parents. Very nice!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:46 pm

@Rikkim aw - thanks!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:37 am

Matty & Laura's first Christmas!
Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen22
source

& he got her a 'Mattaura' scrapbook! heartbeat (SC's from Laura's IG story)
Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen23
Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen24
Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen25
The note at the top says
Dear Laura,
Well what a year it has been! I thought the best way to sum it up is by taking a trip down memory lane where it all started. One of the best parts of doing the bachelor is that the beginning of our love story has been captured. From the first kiss, date, laugh, conversation, & the first time we told each other ‘I love you’. From the very first moment I spoke to you on the red carpet I knew I had met someone incredibly special. I know you hate a compliment so I won’t go on about all the reasons I love you, but just know I do. Couldn’t be happier to spend Christmas together with you.
Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen26
Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen27
Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen28
Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen29

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:29 am

This is so sweet a gift...priceless!
Billysmom
Billysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:21 am

My SC's of some of the comments on matty's most recent IG post bc cuties heartbeat

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen21

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum - Page 14 Screen20

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:26 pm

@ReneeM thanks for the update! They get each other!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5301

Back to top Go down

Post by locoforbach Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:32 pm

That scrapbook is awesome, wish we could see more of the "cutting room floor" stuff from the show.  Just confirms what I thought from their first date - she was his #1 from early on.

I am from USA but have to say theirs is my favorite Bach story EVER.  I can re-watch their dates over and over and never tire of them.  They truly make me smile.  Whether or not they end up marrying and having babies, I believe that then and now they are in love.  Nothing fake or done for the spotlight/shilling.

After seeing those pictures I hope I can find where to watch the Aussie episodes from their season, I think I am in need of a good smile moment today!
locoforbach
locoforbach

Female Posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Fan Forum

+24
Just Looking
IrelandRose
Loulou
LeapofFaith
Emilia23_12