SELECT CONTENT

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:35 am

IMO, Matty is his own person and has his own personality, especially considering he is a marketing guy, where new innovation is the key in his area, I can totally see this a fun new thing for him to try out.

IMO, nothing creepy about this. AR is huge now and it definitely engaged people try it out. To me, this is a very good opportunity!

Back to top Go down

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:38 am

AR is fine. It's the premise of him acting even virtually as a single guy that other women can kiss while in a relationship that is creepy. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:04 am

I do dream of kissing some of my celebrity crush sometimes giggling giggling
So to me, it's very normal and think it can definitely engage some fans.

If he is hanging out at a bar in person and acting like a single man, that would be a problem, IMO. However, this whole thing is just a marketing gimmick, and it's not something crazy that is beyond moral standard, imo, so I personally don't see anything wrong with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:59 am

It's creepy to me that he would agree to something like that. If you're truly in love or care for someone, the last thing IMHO you would do is get involved in a situation where other women are fawning over you. There are all sorts of other marketing idea's that they can do, together IMO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:27 pm

They are both in marketing so I don't think they see it as anything more than an interesting and innovative business opportunity. Laura saw him with multiple women she knew while on the show so for virtual Matty to be kissed by anonymous women who she doesn't know and isn't likely to see isn't exactly a stretch or a big deal. IMO

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Imo the definition of "very normal" is not a guy who wants to have people virtually kiss him. To me "very normal" is the opposite of that and it's something that I don't see ANY other bachelor lead who is in a relationship ever doing. Art/BachNZ is probably the most "normal" lead I've ever watched and for sure he would never do something like this no matter what marketing/business opportunity as he has more integrity and respect for himself and his partner imo.

That said, if it's just a marketing/business opportunity for Matty then to me that's what his relationship is - a business opportunity and not one based on love and respect and certainly not one that is "very normal" since no one who is "very normal" would want to be virtually kissing anyone other than their partner. imo

Never in a million years would I want to even virtually kiss someone who is in a relationship nor would I want to have people virtually kiss me while I'm in a relationship. Heck, I wouldn't even want to do so if I was single. It's just creepy and narcissistic for Matty to want to have others do that and virtually kissing them imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:35 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Imo the definition of "very normal" is not a guy who wants to have people virtually kiss him. To me "very normal" is the opposite of that and it's something that I don't see ANY other bachelor lead who is in a relationship ever doing. Art/BachNZ is probably the most "normal" lead I've ever watched and for sure he would never do something like this no matter what marketing/business opportunity as he has more integrity and respect for himself and his partner imo.

That said, if it's just a marketing/business opportunity for Matty then to me that's what his relationship is - a business opportunity and not one based on love and respect and certainly not one that is "very normal" since no one who is "very normal" would want to be virtually kissing anyone other than their partner. imo

Never in a million years would I want to even virtually kiss someone who is in a relationship nor would I want to have people virtually kiss me while I'm in a relationship. Heck, I wouldn't even want to do so if I was single. It's just creepy and narcissistic for Matty to want to have others do that and virtually kissing them imo.

I see it differently. Things that I never would have thought normal in a million years are normal now. Stuff that even a few years ago would have seemed odd, unusual, rude, etc. are more accepted today. I don't necessarily like it or agree, but it is what it is. Times change. Opportunities for these contestants are constantly changing and what we may think out there today, might end up being the norm in a few years. As long as Laura is OK with it, I don't see the big deal. Frankly to me, everyone who comes on this show is somewhat narcissistic so this could just the next step in reality tv.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:59 pm

I don't see how a man like Matty in a relationship who talks about imagining another woman naked, who chooses to have other woman virtually kiss him is just some sort of shilling next-step level thing. To me it's a reflection of how he views his own relationship. If it is just a business partnership fine. But at no point do I or will I defend that type of stuff. There's a lot of contestants I don't care for who are coupled from this franchise but I've never heard any lead talk about imagining another woman naked or wanting other women to virtually go on a date with him or kiss him - implying he is still single. Time doesn't change this. There's plenty to shill and promote without having to stoop that low imo.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Oh my, must've missed the imagining someone naked part.... Can someone fill me in? Tia

Also, I don't know much abt augmented reality....it's just an exhibit, yes? Mattys involvement with it is pretty much over, right? He won't be seeing film of himself with other women or anything, will he? Sounds to me just like a Bach promo/gimmick, then, if that is the case. Unless there's more to it than I realize....?
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Billysmom wrote:Oh my, must've missed the imagining someone naked part.... Can someone fill me in? Tia

Also, I don't know much abt augmented reality....it's just an exhibit, yes? Mattys involvement with it is pretty much over, right? He won't be seeing film of himself with other women or anything, will he?  Sounds to me just like a Bach promo/gimmick, then, if that is the case. Unless there's more to it than I realize....?

I'm with you. And it is not that uncommon that people fantasize about other people...naked or not...when in a relationship. If *I* are going to condemn people for fantasizing I'm sure *I* would have to condemn plenty of those women kissing the virtual Matty since I doubt they are all single...not to mention married actors making out with co-stars...in person!

It's not like Matty thought up this gig. It was offered to him and he did it. For all *I* know, he discussed it with Laura and she thought it was a good opportunity.  Honestly, it sounds like a very interesting gig to me. I would be curious to know how that kind of stuff is done and would jump on the chance to work on something like that.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:45 pm

It's one thing to fantasize about someone else naked but it's totally another thing to say so publicly like Matty did no no I don't know of any other man who is in a relationship in this franchise who has publicly said this. It's totally classless imo to do so 

Matty chose the gig. His choice. For the record, he did NOT discuss it beforehand with Laura. He chose to do it without her knowing about it and only told her about it after the fact. Her being fine with it or not (girl had no choice but to be fine with it imo since he'd signed for it already laugh out loud) doesn't change my opinion about it whatsoever. To me it was something that shows me a record of Matty who puts himself first and has little feelings for others imo. Same as what I saw of him on the show.

Maybe their relationship is a business relationship and if so it won't surprise me at all. If anything, Matty doesn't strike me as a guy who is in love and puts his partner first. This moment of Matty after Laura reaches for him and he moves away with a grimace of his face imo certainly doesn't make me think of a guy in love - it's totally awkward and cringe imo  Suspect  

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 3 22769696_10212713840474775_6830741533474995337_o
Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 3 22555800_10212708424339375_4635279740662809872_o
source
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 pm

Where did he say the naked thing? I was unspoiled so I missed a lot of stuff.

Over the last few years I have almost become immune to being shocked and surprised by what tactless things people say...from reality tv and in real life. Most times I just wish they would keep their mouths shut. I don't need to hear all about their sex lives five minutes after meeting them or see their naked selfies. That said, I was rather neutral on Matty during Georgia's season and less than impressed after it. He was OK during his own, but he was never someone that drew me in, nor was Laura. Neither seems to be the OTT gushing type so I guess it may appear to be more of a business relationship rather than a love match. It wouldn't surprise me, but still his doing the virtual gig, I don't find that big a deal. His not telling her beforehand, that is a different matter. He has appeared self centered to me before, so this may be just another example. Frankly, I don't care. If they are happy and in love, I wish them well and if they are just going along, well, that's their business...literally and figuratively. Either way, I hope they both get what they want out of the relationship.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matty Johnson - Laura Byrne - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+20
limoncello
LeapofFaith
Kas_256
Agent99
Enough