SELECT CONTENT

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RoyalWedding - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 14 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sat May 19, 2018 11:45 am

I love the house of Givenchy and the style they are associated with....most notably Audrey Hepburn....most definitely not Kim K!!! Trashy Kim K is the last thing that comes to my mind when I think of graceful, elegant Givenchy.

I get that it is elegant and this is her second wedding, but if it was not worn by MM, I doubt people would be raving that much about it. As I have said, I have seen this dress before. Nothing at all special about it other than MM just wore it. Media has been posting lots of retrospectives of previous royal gowns...British and others...and this dress or something very similar was in there. I expected something a bit more unusual or at least a twist on a classic. This was neither and the fact that it cost so much for something so plain...no handmade lace or embroidery or bling...and that is basically a copy of an old design....seems just ridiculous to me. I could have sewn that gown myself.

Other than the somewhat disappointing dress, I loved all the rest. The veil was exquisite. The music and the ceremony were wonderfully inclusive and different. I will be interested to see what her other dress will look like.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

RoyalWedding - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 14 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sat May 19, 2018 11:51 am

I'm hoping the DM comes through with some pics, they have their swarmy ways of getting scoops!

handwave

Kate's second dress was more plain with a little jacket. I just googled it and remembered it after seeing it.

RoyalWedding - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 14 Http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F09%2F22%2F12%2F11%2F170922kateseconddress
https://honey.nine.com.au/2017/09/22/11/41/kate-middleton-second-wedding-dress

I'm going to guess something more straight line and maybe @Sprite will get some bling in there!

They are showing Camilla's hat, what a mess. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Sat May 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Sprite wrote:I love the house of Givenchy and the style they are associated with....most notably Audrey Hepburn....most definitely not Kim K!!! Trashy Kim K is the last thing that comes to my mind when I think of graceful, elegant Givenchy.

I get that it is elegant and this is her second wedding, but if it was not worn by MM, I doubt people would be raving that much about it. As I have said, I have seen this dress before. Nothing at all special about it other than MM just wore it. Media has been posting lots of retrospectives of previous royal gowns...British and others...and this dress or something very similar was in there. I expected something a bit more unusual or at least a twist on a classic. This was neither and the fact that it cost so much for something so plain...no handmade lace or embroidery or bling...and that is basically a copy of an old design....seems just ridiculous to me. I could have sewn that gown myself.

Other than the somewhat disappointing dress, I loved all the rest. The veil was exquisite. The music and the ceremony were wonderfully inclusive and different. I will be interested to see what her other dress will look like.

@sprite...I agree with you about the dress.

It was very beautiful but it was just lacking. It needed SOMETHING...just a little something...to to take it over the top into spectacular!!!
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 19, 2018 12:55 pm

@XQZME I agree with you both.  There is simple elegance and there is spartan. I felt it bordered on spartan. I enjoyed the symbolism with the 53 flowers on the veil. The fit of the dress was off too imo in several areas.  
I wonder if both Kate and Meghan had to compromise quite a bit with choice and style due to royal bearing. I was disappointed with both their gowns.  The cake looked scrumptious.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Sat May 19, 2018 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat May 19, 2018 12:57 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I'm hoping the DM comes through with some pics, they have their swarmy ways of getting scoops!

handwave

Kate's second dress was more plain with a little jacket. I just googled it and remembered it after seeing it.

RoyalWedding - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 14 Http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F09%2F22%2F12%2F11%2F170922kateseconddress
https://honey.nine.com.au/2017/09/22/11/41/kate-middleton-second-wedding-dress

I'm going to guess something more straight line and maybe @Sprite will get some bling in there!

They are showing Camilla's hat, what a mess. laugh out loud

Yes. I liked Kate's actual wedding dress much more. Not particularly a fan of the second.

I don't necessarily need bling...I'm not a particularly blingy person...but I would have liked some embellishment on the gown. Maybe some hand embroidery or lace or even a little bling. Just something.

As for Camilla's hat. I found a picture of the pillows my aunt had in the late 60's and I nearly spit out my tea when I saw Camilla's hat.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/174/0/5343933/il_fullxfull.1251021267_eetm.jpg

RoyalWedding - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 14 Il_ful10

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 pm

RoyalWedding - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 14 3806527698 I remember those pillows! Good comparison.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat May 19, 2018 3:35 pm

I guess I’m all alone here. I loved Meghan’s dress/look/tiara. I thought it was beautiful. Kate’s dress, I was never much a fan of.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat May 19, 2018 3:39 pm

I'm truly in the minority as I didn't love either Meghan's or Kate's wedding dresses! Meghan looked stunning through (girl doesn't have a bad angle!) and the love between her and Harry is just so precious.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2018 3:41 pm

sosleepy wrote:I guess I’m all alone here. I loved Meghan’s dress/look/tiara. I thought it was beautiful. Kate’s dress, I was never much a fan of.

You are not alone.

Kate's dress suited her. Meghan's suited her. 2 different women. 2 different dresses. Just how it should be.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat May 19, 2018 3:48 pm

sosleepy wrote:I guess I’m all alone here. I loved Meghan’s dress/look/tiara. I thought it was beautiful. Kate’s dress, I was never much a fan of.

Me too. Meghan looked stunning and the veil was amazing. She is a woman in her mid 30s, I like that she didn’t wear a fluffy princess dress.

Most important, Harry seemed to love it!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sat May 19, 2018 4:03 pm

Meghan was certainly glowing for sure but I was a little taken back with the fabric and the fit of the dress. The veil and tiara made it somptuous and elegant, but that dress’ s fabric had NO fine detail like any lace or texture to it, even on the bust, which was not well fitted, IMHO, looked very plain and as some said ‘ spartan’ . It looked like a thick almost winter white fabric... I was not expecting or looking for sexy but she has such a great figure, it felt very conservative. Hopefully the other dress is a little more springlike!
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat May 19, 2018 4:05 pm

I felt like Meghan’s dress was missing a little something. The tiara and veil were perfect. Her dress for tonight’s reception is so much better.

I thought Kate’s wedding dress was perfect and fit for the future queen. She looked royal.

RoyalWedding - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 14 87b72b10 RoyalWedding - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 14 86669110 RoyalWedding - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 14 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

+44
chasus71
terrypat
HavaDrPepper
Topazgold