SELECT CONTENT

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Page 32 of 38 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 32 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:01 pm

@umngirl I tend to agree with you. You can't have it both ways. I ultimately feel the worst for William as he has stepped up to his destiny, presumably giving up many other things he'd rather be doing.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 32 Empty Re: Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

Post by Topazgold Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:05 pm

Unfortunately I think they need to step away in order to preserve their marriage and sanity.  Harry saw how the press tore apart his family and ultimately killed his mother. Harry will do anything to protect his family and I don't blame him. He is putting family before duty.  As we know the Thorne will ultimately go to his father and/or William and then William's children, etc...

They've (Press) treated Megan as an outsider from the beginning and the press/some people don't plan on easing up anytime soon. The fact that they came to this decision without informing the Windsor’s speaks volumes. Harry is going the way of Princess Ann and his father Prince Charles, the second time around with Camilla. All IMO

Topazgold

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:54 pm

He is so far down the hierarchy to ascend to the throne that I can't blame him for scaling back.  He can do a lot of good in other ways. And, the little I have seen about them has shown that there is a bias against Meghan.  I honestly can't say this surprises me... after all he chose to marry Meghan instead of going with someone that was "royal approved" with the right lineage behind them.  

He still may have some rebel in him!

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchy23 Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:59 pm

umngirl wrote:I’m the opposite of a fan of Harry and Meghan so I hope they get stripped of their titles, all funding (including from the Duchy of Cornwall), their residence in the UK and protection officers. They went to be private and make a private income then go for it on your own. They already have crapped all over his family and have been incredibly selfish so leave them to their own destructive devices.

They don't need allowances from the royal family. Their personal belongings are around 40 million. Harry is never going to be king, so why should he live his life dedicated to the royal family. I don't see how he "crapped over his family"! That would be Andrew! Charles cheated on Diana! He is a saint in comparison!

The British protocol needs to reform.

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 32 Hollan11
Dutchy23
Dutchy23

Female Posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:26 pm

@Dutchy23 well said, ITA. All reports I've read and the actual IG post says "and work to become financially independent,". I think he just wants out, plain and simple. Wants to live his life with his wife and son and away from the drama of Buckingham Palace. He has done so much good for so many charities, they can continue on their own.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7EaGS_Jpb9/

He will still continue to support the Queen and will live in the UK during part of the year. I wonder if that will change once she God forbid, passes.

I saw that family picture behind the Queen that did not include them. I think it was her Christmas message picture. I noticed it right away Harry and his family were not part of it. It didn't take long for the tabloids to pick up on it.

I just read an article somewhere, who know's if it's true, he posted the IG without approval, because he heard The Sun? or one of the tabloids was going to leak the info.

His father and uncle have a lot more to be ashamed of then one who wants a normal life for his family IMHO. I say go for it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:21 pm

Dutchy23 wrote:snipped
The British protocol needs to reform.

I couldn't agree with you more but we might differ in how to approach reformation. As one who would like to see changes in the US, I feel I cannot support my favorite candidate/causes but rather focus on what I would like to see in the short-term. Australians probably know they cannot have an economy selling coal to the rest of the world (a huge polluter, furthering harm to our planet) and then ask for sympathy for the wildfires damage forever. So change will have to be made. It's a matter of steps, especially with big institutions. And two of the biggest and long-standing institutions are the Catholic Church and the British monarchy!

People don't like disruption to their daily lives in a big way - heck, those of us in Northern California who had to endure power shut-offs to 'prevent' wildfires squawked the loudest! I am all for Harry living the life he wants but he should respect his Queen and grandmother, not to mention his father and brother AND the public, who have allowed him to have an incredibly privileged life. It comes with downsides but so does lack of education and poverty.

My own personal opinion is Meghan has found it quite stifling to live up to the expectations. She wasn't raised in the UK and coming late to 'The Firm' was probably far more difficult than we can imagine. She was an outspoken and admired public person and now she has to watch her every word and step. I could not imagine having my family publicly disrespect and talk about me the way hers has. Neither she nor Harry should be forced to live a 'caged' life. But how they go about change should be respectful. And there are other royal families who have successfully navigated change that may offer examples.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by terrypat Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Rumour has it that Harry and Meghan left Archie in Canada,and she might be back with him now.

Some say,not the royals,but the dick heads behind the scene,that seem to know what is best for the royals.Well , someone leaked to the Sun.And that is why Harry and Meghan came out with that statement yesterday.

I looked at both sides,but the British press has been brutal about Meghan.Harry never got over his Mums death,stiff upper lip...But I did see a clip from Diana's interview...sorta like if you are lucky enough to find love,protect that love.

Harry knew how sad his Mum was,and he found love...he is his mothers son. So I am not going to judge.

terrypat

Female Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:13 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/world/europe/duchess-sussex-prince.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

This lays out the sequence of events as they supposedly happened. Sad on so many levels.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:16 pm

There’s been a lot of stuff going on in the past year that Harry & Meghan have put up with & I think having their own child is what pushed them over the edge in terms of leaving. I don’t believe the Queen or anyone in the family has been as blindsided as the British media is making out, seeing as there have been rumours floating about for so long and it’s been obvious to even me that this was coming. More likely I think there’s been a ton of private pressure in recent weeks from the family trying to change their mind, or delay their plans, and Meghan & Harry decided to force the issue by making it public. The process is going to be bumpy but ultimately I think this is the best decision Harry & Meghan could make. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:16 pm

Here's an article on the Royal Family and the press.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/world/europe/prince-harry-meghan-markle.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:26 pm

I read somewhere they have a house in Canada. Now I can't find it. Who knows what's true and what's rumour.

This is something else! Especially the bold.

'Celebrities': Will Prince Harry take over the post of governor general? Canadians are hopeful, poll says
More than 60 per cent of Canadians said they support the appointment of Prince Harry to governor general, a Postmedia poll has found. There aren't any rules forbidding it from happening

With Quebec’s largely anti-monarchy sentiment, Wright found it surprising that 47 per cent of Quebecois were in support of the Queen’s grandson becoming governor general and taking over from Montreal-born Julie Payette.

As well, younger Canadians, aged 18 to 34, were just behind middle-aged Canadians, aged 35-54, in supporting the move. At 62 per cent, younger Canadians, who tend to be apathetic about the monarchy, would be happy to see Prince Harry become governor general.

“Young people are more engaged with (this couple)” than other members of Britain’s royalty, Wright said.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/a-majority-of-canadians-want-prince-harry-to-become-governor-general?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1578593097

This is very true.

Importantly, Canada also has a reputation for respecting the privacy of the famous. Canada doesn’t have the tabloid culture so prevalent in Britain and the United States, which means NHL stars can send their kids to local schools, business leaders hop on the subway in Toronto and premiers jog solo in local parks. No photos of the Sussexes have emerged to date from their time on the West Coast, though the images could command huge fees on the international media market. In one case, Meghan and Harry even interrupted a hike at a park on Vancouver Island to help a couple trying to take selfies at a scenic vista. “We really appreciated that she stopped to take a photo for us. We would not have recognized them had they not approached us,” Asymina Kantorowicz told CTV News. “I was in shock and I didn’t want to make it a big deal.”
https://www.macleans.ca/news/are-harry-and-meghan-moving-to-canada/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:14 pm

rofl rofl rofl On a lighter note...

https://doublebaytoday.com/35-year-old-father-of-one-decides-to-move-out-of-grandmothers-house/?fbclid=IwAR0kJpUQ0Oq8pslO3p24TJBTSeUZb7kwhsIOJA5q94I27W94tV9TbRfdywI

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle -  Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion  - Page 32 Queenq10

35 Year Old Father Of One Decides To Move Out Of Grandmother’s House
January 9, 2020

A 35 year old man has made the stunning and brave decision to stop living with his grandmother.

The man known as ‘Harry’ told relatives he will still honour family members but will no longer live near them.

“I want to become financially independent,” says the father of one. “I’m also going to give up my allowance.”

The move is expected to cost him millions of dollars.

But Harry says he’s not concerned as he’s already worth around $60 million, while his wife Meghan is worth around $7.6 million.

“It’s going to be an adjustment,” Meghan Markle told DBT. “But at least we know we won’t have to get actual jobs. I might just start another mummy blog.”

More to come.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 38 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Discussion

+44
chasus71
terrypat
HavaDrPepper
Topazgold
nikikass