Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Page 54 of 54 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 54 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by George1218 Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:01 pm

As someone who is part Cherokee, I have to say that I do not take offense to being called Indian.
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1000

Back to top Go down

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 54 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by alwayscooking Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:35 pm

@George1218 wrote:As someone who is part Cherokee, I have to say that I do not take offense to being called Indian.

My hubby, of 33 years, is Native American (Apache) and Hispanic, he doesn't take offense to it either, never has.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:12 am

@Amethyst wrote: ~snipped

As for Rachel L., all I ask that she treat people equally. IMO she hasn't, by a long shot. If asking for someone to treat people equally is a "microagression," so be it. As far as I'm concerned she is welcome to whatever success she finds in life. I just don't care to be a part of it.

Taylor's vile tweets speak for themselves.

And as for Rachael K., I've been onboard from the beginning for finding her actions racially insensitive. AFAIK I was the first one on this board to bring the plantation/southern belle photos over here for discussion. However I think what happened to her over time became a vicious pile-on that was out of proportion to her offenses (especially when you compare her treatment to Taylor's treatment, which had largely blown over in less than a week.) YMMV

IMO, Rachel's double standards have been on full display since her season as the Bachelorette. She was a willing participant in Dean's heartbreaking discussion with his estranged father on their hometown date, but railed against TPTB showing Matt's talk with his father. To my knowledge, she's never called out TPTB for this or apologized to Dean. Just a bit hypocritical IMO.

Instead of being being disgusted by Taylor's multiple vile tweets, she is angry that they were found and stated "people dug up those tweets to discredit Taylor". She's spoken endlessly on any and everything dug up on Rachael in an effort to discredit her. Just a bit hypocritical IMO. Rachel is quick to bash Rachael for wearing a Native American costume to a Halloween party as a teenager, but where is her disgust at 50 year old Kenya Moore doing so on a nationally televised reality tv show? Just a bit hypocritical IMO.

I've listened to the podcast and also read the transcription of the podcast on another site. Van was an on-air "talent" at TMZ for 9 years before his firing led him to this gig. Calling RK "McKinnon" and "Kirk Kennel" was a a way to diminish and mock her IMO. He's far too experienced not to know the name of the person he's talking about. Both he and Rachel knew calling RK "Rachel KKK" and "ConfedRachael" would be quoted endlessly in the media. As an attorney, Rachel knows the value of the illusory truth effect. Essentially, when we hear something repeatedly it becomes truthful or a fact.

The Bach shows I've watched for years as a little mindless entertainment to escape the harsh realities of the world just isn't fun anymore. IMO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1319

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 54 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum