SELECT CONTENT

Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion

Page 42 of 81 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion - Page 42 Empty Re: Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:14 pm

But in all reality, Virginia, NNJ, Rhode Island are all on the eastern coast of the US. That is what I was getting at. It would be much easier for family if they lived in any of these areas to attend a wedding if it is held on the east coast rather than the west coast.

If TPTB are involved, the wedding will be on the west coast.

I understand these people wanting TPTB to pay for their wedding but is it really worth losing control of one of the most important days of your life? In the long run, Ashley and Jared will probably come out ahead doing it on their own... IG shilling and selling the rights to publish video of the wedding will earn them some nice $. And, they wouldn't be restricted by the contract with TPTB.

Back to top Go down

Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion - Page 42 Empty Re: Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Personally, I think the televised weddings with exception of Trista and Ryan’s were tacky. Even if Ashley’s parents were footing it on their own with no comps etc, I think they could and would.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:38 pm

@havadrpepper Sean did mention in RS's podcast that it was really nice of the show to pay to fly out every guest. So there's that at least.

Anyone know if Sean and them were limited as to overall guest count? The BiP weddings definitely were.

Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion - Page 42 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:44 pm

I know other couples were limited. I mean, one couple had a freaking cash bar! Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion - Page 42 3806527698

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:22 pm

IMO TPTB are going cheap on the weddings these days. No way they are going to fly everyone Ashley and Jared want to their wedding.

I also believe that there will never be another wedding on the level of Trista and Ryan's and IMO that is what some of these people think they deserve. With each wedding it has gotten cheaper and that's not gonna change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:52 pm

IMO, It would be cheaper and make more sense for the ABC folks to fly their crew to the east coast and why wouldn't they? They film all over the world.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Because the show wants control of the situation, which means lots of waivers signing away lots of rights. This goes beyond simply the couple or family, but anyone the family chooses to contract for the wedding.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:20 pm

The venue alone cost $60,000? I hope that's for a resort venue at least. Our son & DIL just got married in Dallas in a very cool venue for $8,000 (venue alone). They had about 240 which is considered pretty big here.

Weddings have just gotten so crazy over the years. Our whole wedding cost about $2300 in 1985 but it wasn't an Ashley I type of wedding. laugh out loud

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:29 pm

Like times change though. Back in Trista/Ryan, Jason/Molly, Ashley/JP, even Sean/Cat days, you couldn’t have the wedding Instagram built. I can see why these couples wanted the perks an ABC wedding had to offer. That’s all moot now, and I don’t understand why anyone would want to hold out for that in modern times (laugh out loud) unless you are just really addicted to the attention being on tv provides. And if that’s the case, you are getting married for the wrong reasons. All of these couples, but Ashley and Jared especially, can endorcement deal and brand the crap out of this and have whatever they want, probably, all expenses paid. Just gotta tag the venders. laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Places by me easily charge $200 and up a plate. That charge generally includes  hor doerves, desserts, wedding cake and bar. And I say up because this was 6 yrs ago from my own experience and that’s a lower figure than it would be currently at a hotel/resort/ venue. (By me)
So guest list of 200 people at $225 a plate with 18% gratuity is roughly 53k.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:41 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Places by me easily charge $200 and up a plate. That charge generally includes  hor doerves, desserts, wedding cake and bar. And I say up because this was 6 yrs ago from my own experience and that’s a lower figure at a hotel/resort/ venue. (By me)
So guest list of 200 people at $225 a plate with 18% gratuity is roughly 53k.

What a ridiculously stupid way to spend 53K. For a party. Goodness. My wedding was probably 30K back in 2010, and looking back.... silly. Silly, silly. It’s just a day. We could have had a much simpler wedding with the same happy marriage result, and put that 30K towards much better use. 

This is why millennials are starting to shy away from huge weddings too. I’ve heard morning/brunch/lawn garden weddings are becoming super in. I’ve personally been invited to 2 of these this year alone. Money is tight everywhere, especially for the young with copious amounts of student debt, exorbantly high education costs, no jobs and stagnant wages. Only the super privileged can think of spending that kind of $$ on a party.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:47 pm

@sosleepy its all values and what you can afford and choose to afford.
What’s gross is when people go into hock to keep up with the Jones.
I tend to hope most people who spend for this type of thing can afford it. I hate to imagine the gross stupidity otherwise.
Btw I didn’t even mention photography, papergoods, flowers, logos etc cantstopl

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 81 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ashley Iaconetti Haibon & Jared Haibon - Discussion

+89
4merBachAddict
Buckeye_Fan
bluwavz
fyww
Amethyst