SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 77 of 81 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by docnash14 Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:53 am

sanlee088 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:They all went to dinner together, both sets of parents to celebrate the engagement and enjoyed two bottles of champagne.

Arie Luyendyk and Lauren Burnham Celebrate Their Engagement With Their Parents — and Champagne!
Following the After the Final Rose show on Tuesday, March 6, the two families celebrated Luyendyk and Burnham’s engagement over a champagne-flower dinner. “They had two bottles of champagne and toasted to the happy couple and just got to know each other,” a source tells Us Weekly.

The race car driver’s dad Mieke Luyendyk and Burham’s father Dave hit it off immediately. “They especially got along,” says the insider. “But everyone just really clicked right off the bat and they’re all extremely excited for what’s to come.” As Bachelor viewers will recall — Burnham’s folks, who reside in Virginia, were initially skeptical of their daughter’s relationship with the 36-year-old.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/how-arie-and-laurens-families-celebrated-after-their-proposal/

wine

Awesome times!! Good for them!

From what Arie said in an interview, he and Lauren were not able to attend the dinner with the two families as they were on the plane headed to New York.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by sanlee088 Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:57 am

For what it’s worth, I see couples on Instagram (friends) who use their own hashtag all the time especially when they are engaged to be married. However, different strokes for different folks! Smiley
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:59 am

Those photos aren’t staged but I’m sure they’ve seen they’re being photographed so they acted out. IMO

So different from other couples post-Bach get away - Subdued, low key..these pics are over the top. Dancing in the streets? Seriously??

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:02 am

Bet2Win wrote:Interesting about the ITM's being likened to police interrogations and false confessions.

Yeah - I left out a lot about what Amy wrote but it was an entire chapter with lots of examples. She cited passages from "Police Interrogation and American Justice" the 2008 book by Richard Leo and pointed out how producers use the same tricks in ITMs. Yes, IMO, cast looking back at themselves on the show have to be experiencing a lot of WTF? moments. What gets edited down and looks totally "organic" to viewers is really, IMO, anything but organic.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:19 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
ReneeM wrote:It's not just that I find these pictures cringeworthy, they also seem ridiculously staged imo. Doing way too much. Also, hashtagging your own couple name is ugly af no matter who does it ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 1838857674. All Jmo.
I am having a really hard time understanding this.  Almost all bach couples do this, they post pics of themselves, even with a couple name and they are well liked, praised for taking advantage of this, that, and the other thing, but this couple is frowned upon for it and criticized across the board be it SM other other forms.  All IMO.  

BUT I am really happy seeing how happy they are as a couple.  I think it's sweet that they are showing PDA and really enjoying the opportunities that they have, just like other couples and bach contestants have done before them.  All IMO

With all due respect, no one has to understand it. I don't understand what there is to love about them, and that's ok too.

Staged photos (to me) are indicative of thirst, and even some couples that I like have exhibited thirst. That's fine too laugh out loud. Still cringe but hey, that's life.

All JMO.

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:36 am

ReneeM wrote:It's not just that I find these pictures cringeworthy, they also seem ridiculously staged imo. Doing way too much. Also, hashtagging your own couple name is ugly af no matter who does it ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 1838857674. All Jmo.

The hashtagging thing really needs to stop IMO. I don’t know which franchise couple started it but they all need to knock it off.

My favorite pics are the ones where they are pointing and laughing at something. Only they are pointing at two different things. It’s so cringe. laugh out loud

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 87b72b10 ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 86669110 ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 am

Lucas15 wrote:Yeah - I left out a lot about what Amy wrote but it was an entire chapter with lots of examples. She cited passages from "Police Interrogation and American Justice" the 2008 book by Richard Leo and pointed out how producers use the same tricks in ITMs. Yes, IMO, cast looking back at themselves on the show have to be experiencing a lot of WTF? moments. What gets edited down and looks totally "organic" to viewers is really, IMO, anything but organic.
IMO, we also need to take into account the possibility of producers influencing the hometown and meet the parents dates. IMO, Arie's parents had been convinced that Lauren was mentally unstable while Lauren's parents had been convinced that Arie was going to pick someone else. I don't think it was the production's intention to make Arie pick Becca, they just wanted to sow enough doubt that things would remain interesting until the very end.

I also wonder if introducing Becca's ex might have triggered a jealousy response in Arie, making him think his feelings for Becca were stronger?

Btw, did anyone else feel like Becca's ex was a completely different type of guy then Arie? I think part of the reason the Bachelor has a low success rate is because women become competitive and try to 'win the game' even when the bachelor is a guy they normally wouldn't date.

IMO, what was so cool about this season is that Lauren came in skeptical and found herself genuinely liking Arie. Her body language was definitely intended to capture Arie's attention during the wrestling date, and her actual wrestling match.. well.. I think she most definitely managed to capture Arie's attention that day. Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:04 am

Have never seen a couple in the Franchise try so hard to show the world how happy they are. Over-compensating for the hate they got. IMO

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:43 am

Touching and dancing in the streets means they are trying too hard..and if they weren't touching each other, the consensus would be that there is trouble in paradise. Can't win either way, I guess. laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:51 am

Mommyof2 wrote:Touching and dancing in the streets means they are trying too hard..and if they weren't touching each other, the consensus would be that there is trouble in paradise. Can't win either way, I guess. laugh out loud

IMO, trying too hard is calling the paps and doing staged photos. That’s try-hard no matter who the couple is.

JMO

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 87b72b10 ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 86669110 ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 77 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:57 am

The thread I was just in made me think of this: I think the best they can do is just live their lives and Arie just being there for Lauren and being devoted and faithful will prove to her and all of us that he’s the real deal. That just takes time so as we like to say around here, twt!!

It would be wonderful and so romantic to see the now signed, sealed and delivered committed bad boy of this franchise change his ways imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:08 am

If Arie were 26 right now, I would be highly skeptical that he is ready to settle down. At 36, it's a whole different story. He isn't that far away from 40 and certainly if he wants to have kids, the time is now. Fertility issues can arise too as one grows older. The brother on the HTD looked younger than Arie, so I am guessing that has to sting a little when your younger brother ties the knot before you do. As with any couple in this franchise, time will tell. Jmho.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 81 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+86
crunchette
proudmommy50810
LiboLRC
everglow
nikikass