SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 1 of 80 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 Empty Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by lipsis Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Previous threads here

Bet2Win wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:

I thought those stats were for women...leading to the statement that it is more likely for a woman in her 40's to get killed by a terrorist than get married.  speechless
Depending on the marriage, that could be a step up.  hehehe

rofl rofl rofl

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 Samuel1022 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 Samuel10 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 Family1022 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 Samuel1522 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by XQZME Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:42 pm

@stuckinsc and @sosleepy ...

My son-in-law is finishing up his first year of residency at Ohio State and he says a good seventy percent of all first years are at least engaged if not married, and of the forth years, a good ninety percent are either engaged, married, or married with kids.  Of the residents who are single, more are female than male.
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by stuckinsc Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:50 pm

XQZME wrote:@stuckinsc and @sosleepy ...

My son-in-law is finishing up his first year of residency at Ohio State and he says a good seventy percent of all first years are at least engaged if not married, and of the forth years, a good ninety percent are either engaged, married, or married with kids.  Of the residents who are single, more are female than male.

Thanks for letting me know. I only knew them closely during med school. I only keep track of a few during residency. bestbud!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:57 pm

My thoughts got lost in translation. sad
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:01 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
XQZME wrote:@stuckinsc and @sosleepy ...

Thanks for letting me know. I only knew them closely during med school. I only keep track of a few during residency. bestbud!

@stuckinsc ...I should have quantified that post as...according to my son-in-law, these are the statistics at Ohio State.

He said the prevailing theory amongst them is, they don’t want to wait until they are finished with med school, residency, and fellowships to get married and have kids as they will be retirement age and still putting kids through college.
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:02 pm

My son is 35 yrs old, well educated and not married. There's nothing wrong with him. He dated someone for 13 yrs (15yrs old at the time) and they decided to split. I was devastated, but was encouraged by friends and family better now than later with children. He has a lovely g/friend dating for 3 yrs.

There are people like Arie, IMO who just didn't find the one and IMO it doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with people who aren't married in their 30's.

There are so many random pap pics out there where it's clear to me, he is in love and very happy and I'm a firm believer that every one deserves love regardless of their past. Love changes people, from a personal experience, I've seen it happen many times with others.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71350

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:10 pm

@XQZME
I think it could also be a regional thing. It could also be a matter of how much the person has in school loans. 
Neither of my brothers(doctors) had children until out of residency. That was a long time ago.  Even now on the east coast(NYC), many are not marrying until late 20's or 30's and having children easily into their 30's.  The mindset of those I know is they are so underwater with loans, they can't think of settling down until they have some kind of regular income.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:20 pm

@Kashathediva I can understand that. Now the dream of owning a home for first time home buyers is quickly evaporating, trying to save money for a down payment, the cost of a wedding, and everything else life throws at you, more and more are waiting to get married, wanting everything first.

That's why I always say, shill till your heart's content! If Lauren is going to work with Arie, she might get her r/e licence and they can both do very well if they work at it. Or she can shill, or go back to a sales executive, or model or all of the above. They can live a comfortable life just from shilling alone.

The opportunities this franchise brings are endless if they are smart about it as we have seen from past contestants.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71350

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:42 pm

@Kashathediva ...I think part of it too is that most of these kids have followed their parents footsteps in to medicine.  Like my son-in-law, they have no massive student loans as their parents can afford to pay their med school tuition, and are able to settle down earlier as they have no debt hanging over them.  Makes a huge difference, for sure!
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:57 pm

*edit* Arie is a high school graduate. I also think there's a big difference between an unmarried 30-something who's been in long-term relationships that simply didn't pan out, or is in a long-term relationship currently, just not married, and a 30-something who's mostly been casually dating people he didn't even consider "marriage material". JMOAA.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:04 pm

@XQZME Again, I think some of it's regional. 
I was so shocked when I moved from the mid-west where physicians basically had offices in state of the art medical complexes to the east coast where some doctors still have offices in separate parts of their personal homes! 
It has to do with rent and property being so expensive, IMO.
 I'm 15 miles outside of NYC and physicians here still are not in the same kind of complexes I was accustomed to 27 yrs ago! You have to be a part of huge practice and to do that you need to "buy" in.  Huge $ here and you are low on the totem pole. 
Then there is the matter that unless you are in a field that makes big bucks, many physicians are no longer making it here as they did years ago. (GP's, internist, pediatricians, ob/gyn, radiologists, podiatrists,psychiatrists.) JMO
IMO being a medical doctor is no longer guaranteed big bucks.  I know quite a few kiddos still in their residency single or just married and having kids that have just gotten to practice.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:04 pm

mindless wrote:Not to be rude or anything, but why are we discussing when doctors/future doctors get married? Arie is a high school graduate. I also think there's a big difference between an unmarried 30-something who's been in long-term relationships that simply didn't pan out, or is in a long-term relationship currently, just not married, and a 30-something who's mostly been casually dating people he didn't even consider "marriage material". JMOAA.  

According to Krystal, in a podcast she did, Arie told her he was a HS dropout on their date. So, not even!

I agree, it's like comparing apples to starfishes, as one might say. Some people marry later in age, because they prioritize their career or because they have trouble meeting people or because they're consumed by their careers. By Arie's own admission, he hasn't been in a serious relationship since he was in his 20s, the last girl that he was in love with was someone he went on 4 dates with on a reality TV show, and he's spent the last 6 years purposely dating women that he himself seemed as "not ready for marriage". I'm sure that everyone has a sister's friend's dog's nephew's best friend who was just like Arie and was a total player and dog until he was pushing 40 and then he met the love of his life and how he's a perfect father and husband. Of course, it happens. It's just not what history and statistics dictate will likely happen. Then you add in the Bachelor curse and the fact that these two have been together for 9 weeks, which is basically nothing, and I'm a little skeptical that Arie and Lauren will marry. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 80 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727