SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 36 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

16 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 36 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:40 am

littlereddress wrote:Lauren has also liked several of Seinne's pics and Seinne said in a podcast that Lauren reached out to her first and was friendly to her.  They would sit on the bed and talk.  Sienne said she became more reserved as she became more invested in Arie.  
So it seems like most women observed that Lauren became more closed off and reserved near the end of the show. There are however several explanations. She either distanced herself because of her feelings for Arie, or there was some hostility towards her person.

Thinking about it I remember Bekah acting rather weird when Lauren went on her first 1 on 1.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5aXe_-dgRk

Bekah and Caroline attacked Lauren and Arie as a couple. They said their beef was with Arie, but (imo) their actions proof they couldn't care less about Lauren's feelings.

Back to top Go down

16 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 36 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by vacayeveryday Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:32 am

rosefever wrote:
littlereddress wrote:Lauren has also liked several of Seinne's pics and Seinne said in a podcast that Lauren reached out to her first and was friendly to her.  They would sit on the bed and talk.  Sienne said she became more reserved as she became more invested in Arie.  
So it seems like most women observed that Lauren became more closed off and reserved near the end of the show. There are however several explanations. She either distanced herself because of her feelings for Arie, or there was some hostility towards her person.

Thinking about it I remember Bekah acting rather weird when Lauren went on her first 1 on 1.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5aXe_-dgRk

Bekah and Caroline attacked Lauren and Arie as a couple. They said their beef was with Arie, but (imo) their actions proof they couldn't care less about Lauren's feelings.

I think that it is more likely that Lauren distanced herself because of her feelings for Arie and not because of hostility. I have not heard any of the contestants say one negative word about Lauren. Just the opposite -- I've heard them describe her as sweet, nice, goofy, fun, witty, not gossipy. Bekah has been a very outspoken person this season. IMO if there were any issues with Lauren we would have heard about them by now from Bekah. In the Vulture interview with Bekah & Kendall, Bekah said the following about Lauren: "But as she developed more feelings for Arie, she became more closed off and guarded and insecure. I don’t mean 'insecure' in a negative way, but you are competing with multiple other women. Of course, if you care about someone, you’re going to get insecure about yourself in the face of so many other relationships."

vacayeveryday

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:42 am

North wrote:*** Snipped ***
@Lucas15 I agree with much of what you said above but not sure about speculating TPTB downplayed Lauren and Arie's "intense attraction." To me, fanning that flame could've potentially resulted in some seriously amazing drama...which is what TPTB love. As it is said over and over on this board, TPTB are NOT in the business of curating a love connection, but rather drama and ratings. And TPTB, don't need to discourage a relationship to edit and present the season as a "neck to neck horse race" -- they do that every season with lighting and music and frankenbites and other tricks.

I think it would have resulted in a seriously engaging love story but I wonder for a moment - what the season would have been like had we been given an "alternative" ending in which Lauren was the second one at the FRC and Arie proposed to her then and there. I doubt that the ratings for the finale would have been anywhere near what they were because of the teased drama that actually happened - there really would have been little surprise, at least for many viewers, and not such a clearly popular lead for the next season.

Lucas15 wrote:IMO it's very difficult for a male lead to navigate what happens when you put a large number of women together and create a competitive situation with them all chasing the same guy with producers whispering in their ears how great the guy is and how he is the perfect match for them - the guy of their dreams **** snip ****
JMHO

Yup, I think that's why more men struggle as The Bachelor, **** snip **** Personally, I think Arie likes the chase and Lauren likes to be chased... **** snip ****[/quote]

I think so as well. A little bit of chasing can be good for the soul - it's another way of showing that you care. IMO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Aren’t the 3 of them - Arie, Maquel and Lauren - doing some shilling together? It would be more interesting if Arie ends up flirting with Maquel since she’s BFfs with Lauren. IMO

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Lucas15 wrote:[...]

While we never saw at the M&G when Lauren showed Arie the picture of them taken in Dallas, it actually did happen as shown in this early preview at :48. Believing early on that Lauren was actually there to meet him was more than enough to make her stand out and IMO when asked the first night who his top 4 girls were, Lauren would have been on that list (IMO probably at the top of that list). Also IIRC (on Episode 4 1-1 time in Ft Lauderdale maybe?) Arie actually told Lauren that he wanted a 1-1 date with her - he just wasn't given one until episode 6.
She actually wasn't on that list at all. Arie has said his initial top 4 were Krystaaaalllllll, Becca, Annaliese and Bekah, I think (or possibly Chelsea). Nary a Lauren in sight.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:20 pm

Can someone point out where either Maquel and/or Lauren mentioned they were best friends. I missed that. 
Thanks.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:41 pm

I seriously don’t even remember who Maquel is. laugh out loud That shows you how closely I paid attention to this junk this season. Arie just doesn’t do it for me, and never has. IMO. I did watch the last few epis more closely, but Maquel (whoever that is) must have been long gone. laugh out loud 

I thought Krystal was the villain. Was Maquel villian light this season? Haha
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Can someone point out where either Maquel and/or Lauren mentioned they were best friends. I missed that. 
Thanks.

According to this post, they were friends.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgAiDZOgAj-/
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:47 pm

sosleepy wrote:I seriously don’t even remember who Maquel is. laugh out loud That shows you how closely I paid attention to this junk this season. Arie just doesn’t do it for me, and never has. IMO. I did watch the last few epis more closely, but Maquel (whoever that is) must have been long gone. laugh out loud 

The only time she was really shown was when she left in Tahoe because of her grandpa's (?) funeral then came back the next week in Lauderdale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:51 pm

@Mommyof2
Thanks, that I recall.  16 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 36 4256136633
 I thought I missed somewhere where either of them claimed being best friends.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:53 pm

havadrpepper wrote:
sosleepy wrote:I seriously don’t even remember who Maquel is. laugh out loud That shows you how closely I paid attention to this junk this season. Arie just doesn’t do it for me, and never has. IMO. I did watch the last few epis more closely, but Maquel (whoever that is) must have been long gone. laugh out loud 

The only time she was really shown was when she left in Tahoe because of her grandpa's (?) funeral then came back the next week in Lauderdale.

Oh!! Her. Random blonde #16. laugh out loud Got it. 

What would be scandalous about Lauren being friends with her? She seemed bland and benign enough to me? But maybe she did something crazy and I don’t remember.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:57 pm

sosleepy wrote:
havadrpepper wrote:

Oh!! Her. Random blonde #16. laugh out loud Got it. 

What would be scandalous about Lauren being friends with her? She seemed bland and benign enough to me? But maybe she did something crazy and I don’t remember.

Bland bff's? laugh out loud

Seriously, the single dimension edits these contestants get...Em was bland on Brad's season, and bland she ain't. Imo
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727