SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 68 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 29, 2018 5:55 am

Mommyof2 wrote:I'm just wondering what is going to happen to Arie now that he has spilled the beans about the "unedited"  laugh out loud laugh out loud  interview with Becca.  Better sleep with one eye open Arie!   ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 68 3806527698

This is what I was thinking. Why so soon after the FRC. IMO he doesn't care what happens to him, and IMO he didn't care if he had a TV wedding or not. He always made it clear "if it fit their timeline" they would be interested in a TV wedding but they went ahead and planned a wedding on their own terms.

Together with that article, I remember MF's tweet about Arie being the worst bachelor even though I always felt the unedited filming was all their idea. I don't blame him for blabbing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 68 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Post by Minney Tue May 29, 2018 5:58 am

That reporter has also been with GQ for a number of years and written a lot of articles. If she was into bullying or below the belt tactics during interviews she'd have that reputation and I doubt she would stick around in that industry for long. IMO it shows that Lauren hasn't had to deal with real adversity, mostly because she buries her head in the sand and dismisses it as someone else's fault.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue May 29, 2018 6:03 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:I'm just wondering what is going to happen to Arie now that he has spilled the beans about the "unedited"  laugh out loud laugh out loud  interview with Becca.  Better sleep with one eye open Arie!   ootd - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 68 3806527698

This is what I was thinking. Why so soon after the FRC. IMO he doesn't care what happens to him, and IMO he didn't care if he had a TV wedding or not. He always made it clear "if it fit their timeline" they would be interested in a TV wedding but they went ahead and planned a wedding on their own terms.

Together with that article, I remember MF's tweet about Arie being the worst bachelor even though I always felt the unedited filming was all their idea. I don't blame him for blabbing.

He's another JPG telling TPTB to stick it where the sun don't shine.  Good for him!  

Btw, I find Arie sticking up for Lauren very sweet.  It's just another point that he truly loves her and will go at any lengths to protect his woman.  Can't fault him for supporting his soon-to-be wife.   Jmo.

Last edited by Mommyof2 on Tue May 29, 2018 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 6:04 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
I see the opposite. I think he was playing nice and keeping his mouth shut because he was expecting a TV wedding. IMO production let him know recently it wasn't going to happen and that's why they announced their "private wedding" (on TV of course, because they're just so private Rolling Eyes), and why he's only just now blaming ABC for the finale even though it aired two months ago. All JMO.

And Lauren's little Twitter fit makes me laugh. You agreed to the interview. You invited the interviewer into your home. The only reason you're even being interviewed in the first place is because of the show you were on, but you want to cry bullying because the interviewer asked you a question you didn't like? Maybe if you'd watched the finale, it wouldn't have been such a shock to you. Especially since those were Arie's words, not Becca's. But sure. You're being bullied because the interviewer dared to ask a question that burst your bubble Rolling Eyes Suck it up, princess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Tue May 29, 2018 6:30 am

If he hasn't watched the finale as he's claimed then how does he know it was edited? I'm thinking Arie just admitted he has watched it and now he's in big trouble with Libby and yes he'd better sleep with one eye open! LOL
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue May 29, 2018 7:06 am

I'm guessing by now that they have watched it, even though they probably won't admit it. They knew they would get bombarded by questions, so I can't fault them for that. I feel that Arie wanted to clear some things up by doing this interview, but it backfired as the interviewer asked the tougher questions and in the end it just brought up negative feelings and was upsetting to Lauren. I wouldn't want to keep reliving those moments over and over again. They were painful enough the first time around...for all three people involved. Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue May 29, 2018 7:33 am

Aunties_Love wrote:

snipped...

IMO it seems that no matter what they do or say, it will never be good enough.....IMO, they were just trying to set the record straight and let the truth shine....why should Arie/Lauren bring that reporter back into their home when the reporter obviously over stepped the line just as reporters are known to do....IMO, the things that Arie had said are very likely true....I believe it considering the track record that this show has when it comes to manipulation.  

snipped...

And it also seems as if no matter what they do some will think they can do no wrong. No matter. Different strokes for different folks.

The producers and editors lie and manipulate....kind of like Arie. I wish Arie would also let the truth shine...perhaps by letting Lauren watch the final and the things he said so perhaps she won't freak out whenever anyone asks something about it?

If Arie truly wants people to see the positives of their relationship, perhaps they should just go back to their regular lives like other couples have done. Live your best life and prove the doubters wrong. Other couples have done just that by getting on with their lives, ignoring the negativity and not freaking out every time someone disagreed with them or said anything negative about them.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Tue May 29, 2018 7:36 am

Of course Arie is whining about this was edited NOW that Becca's season is airing. He is so transparent with his need for sympathy and attention. JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue May 29, 2018 8:08 am

GuardianAngel wrote:

I don't either. For all the show's claims that scene was unedited, I never believed that it was - there was obviously (to me anyway) lots of producer intervention and also at least one glaring "edit" where they shut the camera off. This was not the first time that Arie alluded to that scene being "produced"  - he said something similar in a Ryan Seacrest interview. That scene was IMO filmed the way production wanted to film it.

My take is that he / they never cared that much about a TV wedding unless it met their time frame and was done their way and they just went ahead with their own ideas. I do wonder a bit about announcing this on The View - that was IMO not their idea - ABC was behind that for whatever the reason.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue May 29, 2018 8:14 am

You're just never under contract to do press after your season. Brad/Emily, Ben/Courtney, and JP/Nikki all opted out. Jason/Molly said on their podcast they were given the option to. I mean, Des/Chris kept their wedding date so secret that even RS couldn't figure it out! I'm sure that once they set the date and told the show, they're the ones who set the time and place when the announcement would be made, but I just don't believe they were forced to or even pushed to make the announcement. Just like they weren't forced to do the GQ article. They kept doing it because they keep hoping people will hear their side and suddenly forgive them or understand them and, IMO, that's just not going to happen.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 8:48 am

Aria wrote:You're just never under contract to do press after your season. Brad/Emily, Ben/Courtney, and JP/Nikki all opted out. Jason/Molly said on their podcast they were given the option to. I mean, Des/Chris kept their wedding date so secret that even RS couldn't figure it out! I'm sure that once they set the date and told the show, they're the ones who set the time and place when the announcement would be made, but I just don't believe they were forced to or even pushed to make the announcement. Just like they weren't forced to do the GQ article. They kept doing it because they keep hoping people will hear their side and suddenly forgive them or understand them and, IMO, that's just not going to happen.
Agreed. Especially since they manage to dig the hole deeper for themselves and come across as even more insufferable and out of touch with reality with every interview IMO. It truly is a talent, the way they one-up themselves each time. It's very entertaining for me though, so keep it up, Larie! laugh out loud

Back to top Go down

Post by North Tue May 29, 2018 9:31 am

Hawaii Girl wrote:
Aria wrote:You're just never under contract to do press after your season. Brad/Emily, Ben/Courtney, and JP/Nikki all opted out. Jason/Molly said on their podcast they were given the option to. I mean, Des/Chris kept their wedding date so secret that even RS couldn't figure it out! I'm sure that once they set the date and told the show, they're the ones who set the time and place when the announcement would be made, but I just don't believe they were forced to or even pushed to make the announcement. Just like they weren't forced to do the GQ article. They kept doing it because they keep hoping people will hear their side and suddenly forgive them or understand them and, IMO, that's just not going to happen.

Agreed. Especially since they manage to dig the hole deeper for themselves and come across as even more insufferable and out of touch with reality with every interview IMO. It truly is a talent, the way they one-up themselves each time. It's very entertaining for me though, so keep it up, Larie! laugh out loud

Agree with all of the above. Especially the "entertaining" party -- they are just the oddest mix of cluelessness and narcissism. Always surprised when things don't exactly go their way or when they receive any criticism. No self-awareness at all. But for the most part harmless and simple. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm weirdly fascinated by them.

The on-air wedding announcement and GQ interview were a bit of a surprise -- does anyone think they have a PR consultant? Or, are they just bumbling through this on their own and grasping at any straws of relevancy? I'd imagine they'd have more polish or consistent messaging if they did but who knows?

I get where Lauren and Arie are coming from...they did not ride off into the Bachelor sunset or have the normal HEA on ATFR. Is that what they are chasing in some way? Or, what Arie is chasing for Lauren? Unfortunately for them, their impact on BN diminishes with every new season and every happy or unhappy couple.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

+71
biglove44
tigertiz
lightredemption
Cocoasneeze
Imp